ASTRA 2D BBC & ITV RECEPTION

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
Well Channel Master told me to get in touch with Tecno Antenas
in Madrid . They want €750 + IVA (17%) . Not bad for a €350 antenna . In their dreams :)

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
i can ask about shipment. If i know where about everybody is , no prob.

Could you give me a quote in USD for a 1.8m and a 2.4m offset shipped to Sweden please.

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
Originally posted by corrigap
Good advice, but do you know if they ship to other countries in Europe? I can't make much sense of their website.

Price I quoted is EX Works that means you have to arrange shipping from their warehouse near Stuttgart to your home not much of a problem since there are many shipping companies who cover whole of Europe for reasonable cost. And Channel Master DOES individual sales only limitation is that for smaller dishes there is minimum order (10pcs.)

Their website is a little complicated first go to e-commerce section and register and then you're in.

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
That price is not bad M8 as I paid £450 5 years ago in N,Ireland !!!! but what a great dish it picks up everything still hoping I don't pick up my local counciller as he would tear it down!!!!

Cheers
Guyz

sferrairo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK, let's see ... I'm on Spain (Gandia) ... I will want to share experiences with people in my area. I have a 2 mtr system (prime focus) precission antenna with MTI .6 . I get BBC only in the morning until three oclock-sh

Now, I will want to have other's people experience in same area than I am. I do now that in shourthen parts of Spain the results are much better, then I will like only to hear abt the area from say ... valencia to alicante.

Tks
Salva

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
Hi Salva ,

In Alicante with a 1.2 Channel Master , 0.5 LNB with CM feedhorn . Nada de nada . No BBC or ITV .

Saludos

Paul

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
Yeah , I know that Gary . I was just giving the guy my report . Actually I'll still be struggling with a 1.8 .
Paul

G

GaryL

i have been told be my installer that if i added £1000 to my holiday then we would get all the channels with a 1.8 channel master.

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
Hi Gary,
I spoke to Blue Sat in Campello a few weeks ago and they were still struggling with a 2.4 on 2D . Also "sferrairo" is using a 2m system in Gandia which is further north than us . The 1.8 may bring in ITV through the "extra channels" but I don't think you'll
get BBC.
Paul

sferrairo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That is it. I mean ... my goal is to prove if the afirmation that 2.4 mtr is ok to see the BBC all day in the area within Valencia to.. say Javea (near the coast) is true or not. I will challenge anyone to prove me wrong with facts. But my feeling is that if 2.0 mtrs is not enough 2.4 will not be enought neither. Channel Master or not chanel master.

By the way, I have tested a very "good" (in theory) invacom 0.3 lnb and the results where worse than the MTI I am using now. What is more, I have tested all kind of prime focus LNB (phillips, sharp, Cambrigde, televes , ect) and by far the better has been the MTI.

So, again, my goal is to let people understand the limits of it and do not "overspend" money without any noticeable gain, and to understand if there is a way to improve the kit that I have.

And by the way, if anyone in my area wants to have a look to my kit I am more than happy to show it.

Salva

G

GaryL

i just wish i knew for certian.

i know that ciberland will sell me an 1.8 prime focus for 377 incl IVA.

i am getting very confused..

one minute people are teeling me that 1.8 now there are not...

deeno

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1.8 is too small for bbc regardless of make.
A 2.4 quality dish is working now but probably cut off in the winter
3mt dishes will be fitted to the community systems in Alacante to get the beeb.
The signal is weaker than the ITV channels with the Irish channels even weaker.
the bigger the dish the bigger the chance of it being out of shape.
Plastic dishes don’t warp and offsets have slightly better gain
hence Channel Master is the preferred type of professionals
Petal dishes are weaker than one piece and require precision alignment to get the last DB out of it. Whenever there is a transponder or satellite change there is a tendency for sellers to sell the smallest possible (cheapest system) because the competition is fierce. Go to a retailer that will show you their system working during the bad period. Looks like you will have a long wait for rain, which is the biggest test and when its raining you can guarantee that you want to watch the TV.

G

GaryL

got this email from spain today :

my neighbour has just had a 1.8 fitted by a Company in Campello, I don't know whether it was Medsat or Bluesat.

They have fitted a 1.8 prime focus and it is certainly not Channel Master. The "concrete base" is in fact 8 concrete kerbstones piled around the base of the mounting pole - this is a 1.8M dish mounted on the roof on his sun terrace!

he is using a DSB30 with 0.6 LNB and receives BBC1, ITV and channel 5 all day, BBC2 for two hours each morning and channel 4 all day except 16:00 to 18:00 hrs.

they still charged him 1300Euros

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
my neighbour has just had a 1.8 fitted by a Company in Campello, I don't know whether it was Medsat or Bluesat.

Hi garyl can you please let me where is Campello, if you know, the lat. & long.
ThanksJ

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
Might as well use Alicante as they're right next to each other .

38n21, 0w29

Paul

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Always worth trying HERE to get an exact reference.

deeno

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wow that is one interesting site rolf, I will be there for a while taking all the info, I can sell the gps now.