Astra 2D reception in Rovigo Italy

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
Hi All,
I want to thank all of you who founds time to log in and solve ppls problems and hoping that that mine will not be excluded.
Anyway, I just new to the satellite installation. Over the years I used to watch Astra 2D brocasts in my friend place, but recently he couldn't get the singals any more.
Now, I'm so curious about the incident and going and searching how to get the stations back, as i finally notice that the footprint had been changed.
Can someone more experienced in this field help me and also outline what and what are necessary to get that reception back in this City of Rovigo, Italy.
Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The footprint hasn't changed recently, so it is probably dish misalignment, a receiver, LNB or cable problem.

You mention nothing about the existing system, we really need detailed information to make a valued judgement, you information so far is far to vague.

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
Yes, actually, we are not seeing any thing based on that 2d as i watch the map of their new footprint upgrade as i saw the shifted the footprint back.
The fact is that, i have guess that if i buy 100cm dish, that could be enough for me to get the whole 2d signals here in Rovigo.
Pls. inform me more on some necessary things needed for this.
Thanks

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
I need to install mine, can u tell me the necessary things needed for this location Rovigo in Italy. thanks

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
saemoenl said:
Over the years I used to watch Astra 2D brocasts in my friend place, but recently he couldn't get the singals any more.
saemoenl said:
I need to install mine, can u tell me the necessary things needed for this location Rovigo in Italy. thanks
wich dish size did your friend use?

as far as I know in Rovigo a 150cm dish is required for Astra2D, you could still get 2D with a good 125cm (i.e.: gibertini + a low noise LNB + good quality and not too long cable + sensitive tuner) but the signal gets much weaker in nightime or in bad weather conditions

of course you need an accurate installation anyway

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
danit said:
wich dish size did your friend use?

as far as I know in Rovigo a 150cm dish is required for Astra2D, you could still get 2D with a good 125cm (i.e.: gibertini + a low noise LNB + good quality and not too long cable + sensitive tuner) but the signal gets much weaker in nightime or in bad weather conditions

of course you need an accurate installation anyway

My friend is using 85cm the time the signal was runing

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
we really need detailed information to make a valued judgement.

Yes, actually, we are not seeing any thing based on that 2d as i watch the map of their new footprint upgrade as i saw the shifted the footprint back.
The fact is that, i have guess that if i buy 100cm dish, that could be enough for me to get the whole 2d signals here in Rovigo.
Pls. inform me more on some necessary things needed for this.
Thanks

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
saemoenl said:
My friend is using 85cm the time the signal was runing
your friend is (was...) a magician....:confused

I never ever had reports from eastern Veneto (Venezia, Padova, Treviso) of getting Astra2D with less than a 120cm dish, and it's a fringe reception

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
Your friend is (was...) a magician....:confused

I never ever had reports from eastern Veneto (Venezia, Padova, Treviso) of getting Astra2D with less than a 120cm dish, and it's a fringe reception
That was about 7 to 8 months ago when i recently learnt that they upgraded the signal transmission

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No major power changes have taken place on Astra 2D for a very long time. If your friend could receive them on an under sized dish then it was just a freak of reception for a while. The 2D footprint has not changed

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
No major power changes have taken place on Astra 2D for a very long time. If your friend could receive them on an under sized dish then it was just a freak of reception for a while. The 2D footprint has not changed
But can u just tell me the necessary things needed to get the signal as I'm no more residing with my friend. and my new location is Rovigo eastern part of Veneto Region in Italy
Thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Fringe reception by definition is haphazard and not governed by any known laws so nobody can advise you, you will have to experiment yourself. there are sometimes side lobes which allow reception then 10KM away there can be no signal at all hence why it is called 'fringe' reception

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
Topper said:
Fringe reception by definition is haphazard and not governed by any known laws so nobody can advise you, you will have to experiment yourself. there are sometimes side lobes which allow reception then 10KM away there can be no signal at all hence why it is called 'fringe' reception

Are you serious?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Topper said:
Fringe there are sometimes side lobes which allow reception then 10KM away there can be no signal at all hence why it is called 'fringe' reception
Sounds strange but it happens to be true. 2D reception is 'blotchy' . Think of it like a torch beam with small patches of light around its main beam.

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
"The footprint hasn't changed recently, so it is probably dish misalignment, a receiver, LNB or cable problem.

You mention nothing about the existing system, we really need detailed information to make a valued judgement, you information so far is far to vague"

Tell me what and what to do based on the this location

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

pietro1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600CI, Fracarro Penta 85Cm Dish + Invacom 0.3db Quad LNB
My Location
U.K / Italy / Switzerland
Hi there,

If you want to be 100% sure of getting Asta2D 24/7, you will need to bite the bullet and get a good Gilbertini 1.2cm Dish, 0.3db Invacom or Sharp LNB and a High gain Pace 2600CI / DS430N Digibox!

O-zzz

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
pietro1 said:
If you want to be 100% sure of getting Asta2D 24/7, you will need to bite the bullet and get a good Gilbertini 1.2cm Dish, 0.3db Invacom or Sharp LNB and a High gain Pace 2600CI / DS430N Digibox!

O-zzz

How can I be able to achieve this?!!!!

pietro1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600CI, Fracarro Penta 85Cm Dish + Invacom 0.3db Quad LNB
My Location
U.K / Italy / Switzerland
saemoenl said:
How can I be able to achieve this?!!!!

Take a look on ebay.co.uk and buy the Digibox and LNB on line, the dish may also be avaiable here or at a good retailer!

:-doh2