PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If you are Millac 86, near Confolens, then I think that a 60cm dish will probably work for most of the weather conditions and a 70cm dish will make absolutely sure that you have a rock solid signal.

If you don't mind losing your signal in heavy rain then I also think that a standard $ly minidish will give reasonable results most of the time. This could be a good position to start from as it isreasoably easy to set up and, in the UK, are cheap and easy to get hold of.

Down near Orange 84 I have tried this small dish setup in the past (see further up the posting) but it is no longer good enough for Astra 2D. I now have a Region 2 minidish in place which allows us to watch 2D transmissions in the evening in light rain. As the house is not occupied all the time we haven't been there when it has rained heavily (I hope it is still there after the recent deluge!) so cannot yet comment on its bad weather performance.

PaulR

lee_uk

Reaction score
the place is millac 86 thanks for all the info guys u are a great help

andy1turner

Reaction score
My Location
Southern Scotland and also Biarritz, France
Hi all

For what it is worth we use a Panasonic TU-30DB at our house 30 miles north of Biarritz. Dish is standard 80cm fitted by local dealer and all is well. Or at least it was until Sky screwed the ITV freeview suff. BBC is fine though.

Bit farther west than most posts (and the original query) but every little helps.

REgards
Andrew
I used to be confused now I'm just befuddled!

andy1turner

Reaction score
My Location
Southern Scotland and also Biarritz, France
Hi again all

Sorry should have said, local dealer we used was part of the Gitem chain. Service was fine for dish installation but getting Thompson TV for the house took AGESSSSSSSS..................

Very francais!

Regards
Andrew
Now I'm only lost!

meagherp

Reaction score
reception fine here with a 85 cm dish central Nice, modern LNB and Pana DSB31 digibox. All free channels inc ITV and radio. Use PAL output not RGB-seems to help a lot. A few drop outs in very heavy rain, otherwise perfect. A sky minidish definately will not do - I used to have one here - no ITV then no BBC, you will be left with the Sky 501 channel only......

recommend you go to Leroy Merlin(RN 202 out of Nice) to buy stuff as they have an excellent selection of dishes, stands, cables, plugs, window cable adaptors etc. No one else seems to have their range(certainly not carrefour). Ebay for digiboxes - get a blue House type card or a sub.