Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I missed one in the list. They should be 12, with the 12187H.
 
Those were on 2B and then 1N. So they haven't migrated them "back" to 2A. Obviously 1N release is priority.

Well, if you want to be precise, that's the case...
 
Interesting, so all 1N PE TP's look like they have now been migrated over to 2A. I'd expect more ex-2A TP's to have moved over to 2E as there's certainly more capacity on the new craft. There was 13 TP's on 1N's PE beam in total according to Lyngsat prior to last night.
 
Tp's are OK.
They have these channels.

PS: Currently some tangerines.
-----------------
Tp's son OK.
Tienen estos canales

PD: De momento unas mandarinas.

Yes, apologies for that - indeed it seems that we have had very heavy rain here which knocked out those TPs even though I am right in the middle of the target area! I think the dish must be off target slightly too.
 
astra have 26 tp move move 2e and 2a
soon
maybe 2a still until 2g become in august this year
 
i see no change in RF level apart from the 8 i've mentioned. Of course the 2A north beam could be as strong as the 1N PE here. But the older North Beam transponders were stronger.
 
i see no change in RF level apart from the 8 i've mentioned. Of course the 2A north beam could be as strong as the 1N PE here. But the older North Beam transponders were stronger.
Here in the UK I'm seeing a similar level from 12207V (Sky News etc) but the 1N PE TP's were a similar field strength to those of 2A anyway, 2E and 2F's are notably higher.
 
so tonight it will be 1N UK to 2E UK
the question is: last night's migration (back) to 2A was just a temporary step in this process, or those will stay until 2G arrives?
 
Hi to all!!! At the end of the shift the position from which sat 28.2E/28.5 will be formed ? Astra 2F, Astra 2E and Eutelsat 28 ? I apologize for the OT . Thanks in advance !

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
I was under the impression with the E3000 Astrium designed birds for 28E that any TP, be it 26/33 MHz across the Ku spectrum could use the spot or PE antennas? Surely it's a case of the output RF stage amplifier passing through a Co-ax switch to route RF via a CU to whichever antenna is in use for that particular TP.

Wasn't there PE and spot testing done at 43.5E for some 33MHz TP's?

There is a general assumption that all 2e and 2f transponders can be switched to spot beams. But is there any actual evidence for this? I;m sceptical.
 
Transponder dance- the movie :
An animated GIF sequence of the spectra during the early hours of this morning as observed in Southern France
spectra.gif
 
so tonight it will be 1N UK to 2E UK
the question is: last night's migration (back) to 2A was just a temporary step in this process, or those will stay until 2G arrives?

it look like 2a still alive until 2g
it have astra 1n more 20 to trranfeld to astra 2a/2e
both pe abd spot beam
 
There is a general assumption that all 2e and 2f transponders can be switched to spot beams. But is there any actual evidence for this? I;m sceptical.

ses choice what it waht or pe beam or spot beam
 
There is a general assumption that all 2e and 2f transponders can be switched to spot beams. But is there any actual evidence for this? I;m sceptical.
Apart from what was suspected of being seen during testing then there's not concrete evidence for this. I'd have imagined SES want this flexibility on at least two craft but we don't know. The only other bit of evidence is that when the Box TV services launched on Freesat a space was reserved for 4Music (LCN 522). As TP40 (12480V) hasn't yet moved to C or D band since last April and as 4Music is still currently FTV then could point to them waiting for the 2E migration and this TP going spot? At the time these services went FTA, 2E was under 5 Months from potentially going live, only in early July did the Proton failure put hold to that and here we are now.
 
ses choice what it waht or pe beam or spot beam

But 2F has been operating for over a year and we've never seen a UK spot in bands DEF
 
Apart from what was suspected of being seen during testing then there's not concrete evidence for this. I'd have imagined SES want this flexibility on at least two craft but we don't know. The only other bit of evidence is that when the Box TV services launched on Freesat a space was reserved for 4Music (LCN 522). As TP40 (12480V) hasn't yet moved to C or D band since last April and as 4Music is still currently FTV then could point to them waiting for the 2E migration and this TP going spot? At the time these services went FTA, 2E was under 5 Months from potentially going live, only in early July did the Proton failure put hold to that and here we are now.

all tp of astra 2e look spot beam
 
Those were on 2B and then 1N. So they haven't migrated them "back" to 2A. Obviously 1N release is priority.

So looks like they are migrating all channels to their permanent homes and 2A is the stand-in for 2G.
 
Overnight the following TPs have appeared on small dish in Gran Canaria.

12110H
12188H
12207V
12266H
12363V

I do not know if these are 2E or 2A South (Quality suggests unlikely to be 2F).

I will do some tests later to see if I have lost any of the TPs to 2A North.
 
Some of us don't take the coming changes too seriously simply because we got
the antidote that will solve any problems. This magic potion to be exact...

View attachment 61484

There is a luxury version with 11,4 dB gain but I really don't believe in that one,
sounds too good to be true really!

Sounds a bit like Anti-Ageing Creme, which in reality shrinks things.
 
BCW,
Really like the snapshot time lapse spectrum readings. Shows exactly the moment of switch over for each transponder.

I suspect tonight for the 1N SP to 2E SP the levels will drop from low to nothing on your plot as there migrated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top