Astra 2E at 28.2E: General Discussion Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overnight the following TPs have appeared on small dish in Gran Canaria.

12110H
12188H
12207V
12266H
12363V

I do not know if these are 2E or 2A South (Quality suggests unlikely to be 2F).

I will do some tests later to see if I have lost any of the TPs to 2A North.

12363v move to astra 2e ?
i see 0 db
 
12363 V is now on Astra 2E, the others are on 2A.

At 9:10 UK time was a big wobble (signal was up/down ) of signal strenght followed by a small one at ~ 9:25 for all 2E transponders.
 
12168, V , 12090 V. 12226, H, 12246, V and 12324, V are definitely gone to 2A north beam.
 
There is a general assumption that all 2e and 2f transponders can be switched to spot beams. But is there any actual evidence for this? I;m sceptical.

According to SES they can be. Think about it, if you want backup ...
 
12363V shows signal levels similar to 2E PE here
 
Last edited:
so out of the 11 tp's currently in use on 1N PE, some moved to 2A, others to 2E?
 
so out of the 11 tp's currently in use on 1N PE, some moved to 2A, others to 2E?

only thing i can say is that they've moved to different beams. To me it looks like 2A/2E, but could as well be different 2A beams or even 2F. We'd need to measure how they wobble during the day to be sure i think.
 
out of the ex-1N PE tp's 12363V is the odd one out - the rest shows very similar reading here. 12363V comes in at same levels to 2e/2f pe
 
They are always pairwise together. 1H, 1V strong, then 1H, 1V a bit weaker.
28.0E-PErange.webp
 
BCW,
Really like the snapshot time lapse spectrum readings. Shows exactly the moment of switch over for each transponder.

I suspect tonight for the 1N SP to 2E SP the levels will drop from low to nothing on your plot as there migrated.

will be see soon how new spot beam on 2e
 
I am now also receiving a much stronger signal on 12363V than I did yesterday. I am printing my Crazyscan diagrams daily for comparison.

P.S. I am in Scotland at the moment.
 
then 2E must be about 1,5-3dB with you 80cm.(you need 95cm dish )

The 2E Europe signal is annoyingly close. The problem is I'm running out of space, my 80cm dish is already 1cm away from the balcony door...
dish-door.webp
 
Last edited:
Oh dear! :-lmao


Take the doors off and wear an extra jumper?
 
Oh dear! :-lmao


Take the doors off and wear and extra jumper?

You may laugh but I did contemplate sealing off the door and using the bedroom window as a means to climb in and out of the balcony... then I realised that actually any bigger dish would be shadowed by the wall on the other side of the balcony anyway as the satellite comes in at such a narrow angle so would be of no benefit.
 
I take it you are not allowed to stick the dish outside? Perhaps roof of the building?
 
I take it you are not allowed to stick the dish outside? Perhaps roof of the building?
No, strict rules on not having anything on the outside of the building and as I'm 80m above ground I don't really want to be installing dishes on the outside walls especially as it gets pretty windy too being on the coast. On the roof there's a tiny landing place for a helicopter and a viewing platform, but sadly don't think I'd get away with a dish up there (or be able to get a cable down).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top