Astra 2E: General Discussion (Post-Testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nothing there at this moment. Is it still on?
 
......so it's no good me checking with a pair of binoculars then LOL....
No chance. According to what I've read typical geo-sat would be mag 12. Naked eye under perfect conditions is about mag 6.5, and 7x50 bins can see down to mag 9.5.

Two big cities 50 km away is not that good, if the air is crystal clear it's OK.
If not there is a haze on images after 60 secondes exposure or more.
I used to do a bit of astrophotograph but it's not too dark here. There's a city of 300,000 about 10km away to the south east. I've got mounts I've made to "de-spin" the camera (not needed for this). Got a 50mm f/1.2, & a 100mm f/1.8. Anyway I'll have a go but don't hold a lot of hope.
 
Ok folks, here's something to throw in to the bag. Astra 1H is currently moving west and is at 43.63E according to n2y0. Could it be that SES don't want to move 2E until 1H is clear of 28E for reasons of safety for both satellites? Just a thought.
 
Ah, Space Snooker: Lister would have been impressed!
 
I presume 1H moved from 19.2 to 52E? It seems to be moving quite slowly too, maybe once it's overtaken 43.5E they'll do an orbit raise higher than 1H to get it round to 28E? Clutching at straws for ideas really!
 
Starless (and bible black) tonight and tomorrow in the northern territories.
No space snooker photos tonight!
 
it joke 1h work on 28.2e
but 2f have 30 tp spare
it can change 2a 20 tp and move al 2f
 
AS 1H is moving west, chances of 2E moving soon is probably not very high, unlikely they will want 2 satellites moving too close to one another even in the same direction.
 
I might have missed it, but why is 1H on the Move ?
 
I'm not sure anyone really knows! Its all up in the air!
 
I'm not sure anyone really knows! Its all up in the air!


SES know ................... they just don't think it relevant to inform a few hobbyists and/or wannabe viewers outside the meat of the footprints.

I can understand why they are reticent too.

Mind you, if our own ramblings seem speculative, at least they are generally well-reasoned and plausible. Sadly one of our sister Forums is suffering from wildly misinformed and almost incomprehensible garbage spread by a person who became persona non grata here for similarly disrupting our 2F Threads last year!
 
Just noticed that (according to N2yo) inactive 2D appears to be moving west. Is this to make room at 28.2 for 2e and/or 1H?
 
Just noticed that (according to N2yo) inactive 2D appears to be moving west. Is this to make room at 28.2 for 2e and/or 1H?

I wonder where 2D is heading? Isn't 1H operating inclined or is she still in a decent enough state of health to provide some backup cover, also is it fair to say that operators don't usually have more than four satellites at the same orbit co-located as I can't see any position with more than four (using kingofsat for reference). If 2D is now moving away maybe this will allow 2E to finally go to 28.2E?
 
2D has been parked up at 28.0°E for some time, so shouldn't be causing any over-crowding issues at 28.2°E.
 
Well the 28 Nov is nigh: Are the alleged changes merely PID changes or is there going to be a wholesale move off 2A?

Not long before we find out.
 
Well the 28 Nov is nigh: Are the alleged changes merely PID changes or is there going to be a wholesale move off 2A?

Not long before we find out.
Yeah I guess if my mum and sister start complaining their TVs are broken tomorrow I'll know it's happened...
 
so these sky changes (whatever they might be) are happening tonight between 1-3am?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top