Astra 2E: General Discussion (Post-Testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got me excited for a minute just then!! TLE's aren't updated over the weekend so I don't suppose we'll know until early next week.

Latest TLE: Normal TLE source, Epoch:29.11.2013 18:29:36 UTC

ASTRA 2E
1 39285U 13056A 13333.77056266 .00000153 00000-0 00000+0 0 533
2 39285 0.0832 292.4100 0001244 319.8681 137.5082 1.00273998 642

there is normally a Sunday update however its unlikely to show any movement even if 2E did start to move today, it may just be a copy of Fridays TLE. I doubt we will see any movement on n2yo until Tuesday/Wednesday even it startt moving today/tomorrow.
 
And so tomorrow could be a very important day - or not!
 
What we need is for our friend Waveguide to post daily piccies. I enjoyed those.
 
What we need is for our friend Waveguide to post daily piccies. I enjoyed those.
Indeed, although I think you are a little optimistic of the Scandinavian weather at this time of year...
 
It were a grand day here, though but: Walked up on the Moors under crystal blue skies.

Didn't see 2E. though!
 
I was going to have a go at some satellite photography late last night but sadly there was patchy cloud so will keep an eye on the weather this week for another go. Hopefully waveguide can catch a break in the clouds Monday night to give us an update.
 
Latest TLE: Normal TLE source, Epoch:29.11.2013 18:29:36 UTC

ASTRA 2E
1 39285U 13056A 13333.77056266 .00000153 00000-0 00000+0 0 533
2 39285 0.0832 292.4100 0001244 319.8681 137.5082 1.00273998 642

there is normally a Sunday update however its unlikely to show any movement even if 2E did start to move today, it may just be a copy of Fridays TLE. I doubt we will see any movement on n2yo until Tuesday/Wednesday even it startt moving today/tomorrow.

tle will be update or tomorrow
maybe will be jump
 
Jump? Leap more like! :D
 
today I jump to swimming pool
tomorrow I see of tle jump new location of astra 2e
 
....It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive......











.......or not...
 
Indeed, although I think you are a little optimistic of the Scandinavian weather at this time of year...

Perfect conditions tonight but nothing new to report.
All movments since 28/11 are within the "box" for each satellite.
The references I use (Nigcomsat & The Turksats) move just as much (or more)
so in total the movements are less than 0,05 degrees up until tonight.

Dogs bark but the caravan moves on!
 
Well, we need you up good and early before sunrise tomorrow ........ !!:-respekt
 
The "method" to compare the positions in case someone wants to try it:

Make two layers in Photoshop with the images to compare.
Zoom in to 800% and make each satellite white 3x3 pixels with the pencil tool.
Colour each layer differently, channel mixer or whatever.
Make the top layer 50% transparent.
Flatten layers and crop and Bob's Your Uncle.

2E-1128-1201.webp

Length of a star trail is 0,375 degrees in this image, 90 seconds exposure time.

And yes - this is 28/11 compared to 1/12, yellow today, greenish 28/11.
 
today I jump to swimming pool
tomorrow I see of tle jump new location of astra 2e

Too cold to jump into mine now :(
 
Latest TLE: Normal TLE source, Epoch:29.11.2013 18:29:36 UTC

ASTRA 2E
1 39285U 13056A 13333.77056266 .00000153 00000-0 00000+0 0 533
2 39285 0.0832 292.4100 0001244 319.8681 137.5082 1.00273998 642

there is normally a Sunday update however its unlikely to show any movement even if 2E did start to move today, it may just be a copy of Fridays TLE. I doubt we will see any movement on n2yo until Tuesday/Wednesday even it startt moving today/tomorrow.

ASTRA 2E - Still no update :(
1 39285U 13056A 13333.77056266 .00000153 00000-0 00000+0 0 533
2 39285 0.0832 292.4100 0001244 319.8681 137.5082 1.00273998 642
 
TLE has updated, new info

ASTRA 2E
1 39285U 13056A 13336.09357074 .00000150 00000-0 00000+0 0 540
2 39285 0.0802 296.7494 0000662 341.2476 230.3291 1.00268315 669

However no movement as yet
 
I have now invested in a ladder grade tripod and already tried my luck yesterday. Unfortunately it was too hazy and probably i didn't aim good enough. Will give it another try when the weather gets better.
A new hobby :-)
 
I have now invested in a ladder grade tripod and already tried my luck yesterday. Unfortunately it was too hazy and probably i didn't aim good enough. Will give it another try when the weather gets better.
A new hobby :)

Good luck with this- I have quite a lot of 'town' to the south, so light pollution will most likely be an issue, but I do fancy having a go at it anyway. Anything's better than nothing. At least here we have the luxury of clear skies most of the time :rolleyes:
 
I have now invested in a ladder grade tripod and already tried my luck yesterday. Unfortunately it was too hazy and probably i didn't aim good enough. Will give it another try when the weather gets better.
A new hobby :)

I use this to see if it's worth the effort to take the camera outdoors.
http://www.smhi.se/vadret/nederbord-molnighet/Satellit-Europa
You can surely find the same information in other laguages too.
It shows the cloud cover at night in a usefull way.
After a series of pictures one hour apart I found that you have to wait
until after 20 hours CET to capture the satellites properly. (Much weaker
early in the evening.)

... and I can see stars tonight ...
 
After a series of pictures one hour apart I found that you have to wait
until after 20 hours CET to capture the satellites properly. (Much weaker
early in the evening.)
I suppose you need to get the sun at a decent angle behind the earth to reflect the light back down to the viewer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top