Astra 2E: Iberia & Balearics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think mine is a true 1.4 but that's the way it's sold. Initially I lost BBC HD's. So I adjusted dish and LNB.

Can now receive everything no problems, at all times of day/night. All HD channels coming in. Even with the clouds and the high winds no pixilation.
 
According to Heuvos's signal readings, the 2E horizontals are a fair bit stronger than the verticals here in Valencia. Unfortunately both the, already weak, 8PSK transponders are on verticals.

Were the horizontals better in Iberia generally for 2D and 1N?

http://satellites-xml.org/28E-SNR.php
 
Almost tempted (but not quite!) to move to the Valencia hotspot. :D

Surprised there's such a difference when you are directly east and so close (or at least you look close on the map)
 
I lost the HD channels of 2F and 2E just now in Madrid on my 1.5m the weather is absolutley torrential . I have never seen 2F dropout before and im not fully convinced there isnt something wrong with my setup.
 
According to Heuvos's signal readings, the 2E horizontals are a fair bit stronger than the verticals here in Valencia. Unfortunately both the, already weak, 8PSK transponders are on verticals.

Were the horizontals better in Iberia generally for 2D and 1N?

http://satellites-xml.org/28E-SNR.php
Yes, the old 2D vertical at the time 7 tp 9 he had with 100cm.
Horizontal anything.
2D with 180cm 24/7 perfect and almost all horizontal.

1N 100% with small antennas 80cm.
-------
Si, los verticales del viejo 2D en su momento 7 tp de 9 que tenia con 100cm.
Los horizontales nada.
2D con 180cm 24/7 perfecto y casi todos los horizontales.
1N al 100% con antenas pequeñas de 80cm.

Now it's snowing, hailing, raining and much pixelated 2D channels in general.
10906V OK OK to reduce the intensity

OK 11023H
OK 12480V (north footprint)

For Madrid, minimum 150cm.
Recommended 180cm 24/7
-----------------------
Ahora esta nevando, granizando, lloviendo y pixelan mucho los canales de 2E en general.
10906V OK al bajar la intensidad OK
11023H OK
12480V OK (huella norte)
Por Madrid, minimo 150cm.
Recomendado 180cm 24/7

I'll post some pictures.
Pondre unas fotos.
 
I lost the HD channels of 2F and 2E just now in Madrid on my 1.5m the weather is absolutley torrential . I have never seen 2F dropout before and im not fully convinced there isnt something wrong with my setup.
Watch STV has more signal 10906V, improved somewhat over time.
Mira STV tiene mas señal en 10906V, mejoro algo el tiempo.
 
Yes I changed over to SD however i think its time to change the LNB on the large dish , its currently a cheap black eco . I have a black ultra on the motorized which gets signal easily. I suspect / hope that a decent lnb on my 28.2 dish will solve the problem. Its still raining heavily but the HD came back.
 
Better than 0.2dB Inverto Black Ultra do not think I can find nothing better to offset antennas.
The problem is 150cm.
With bad weather is not.
It changes the length of jumps Vu+ 0.1 (dish motorized), you may earn the right and you can compare, tuned to STV.
It is the recommendation of "elMaestro" and we gave you at the time. Change the LNB and antenna test, would not have to have problems.

----
Mejor que el Inverto Black Ultra 0.2dB no creo que encuentras nada mejor para antenas offset.
El problema es 150cm.
Con mal tiempo es poco.
Modifica la longitud en Vu+ en saltos de 0'1 (antena motorizada), puede que ganes lo justo y puedes comparar, afina con STV.
Es la recomendacion de "elMaestro" y que te dimos en su momento.
Cambia el LNB de antena y prueba, no tendrias que tener problemas.
 
Last edited:
I treated myself to a black ultra single to replace my 1 year old goobay Quattro. Thought it would give me a good boost.

Signal strength improved, but quality dropped. Played around for hours, ended up putting the goobay back on.

Thought maybe I got a bad one, so returned it for another, but still got the same results...
 
It's good to have our tests, some good, others bad.
Es lo bueno de contar nuestras pruebas, unos bien, otros mal.
 
I treated myself to a black ultra single to replace my 1 year old goobay Quattro. Thought it would give me a good boost.

Signal strength improved, but quality dropped. Played around for hours, ended up putting the goobay back on.

Thought maybe I got a bad one, so returned it for another, but still got the same results...

From what I've read on various forums, the Inverto Black Ultra Quad is somewhat better than the Black Ultra Single. Perhaps some of our "specialist" members could comment on this?
 
From what I've read on various forums, the Inverto Black Ultra Quad is somewhat better than the Black Ultra Single. Perhaps some of our "specialist" members could comment on this?
I've heard the opposite, but having never used a quad I can't compare them myself. The Scandinavian 2E thread also has some discussion about these LNBs.
 
Yes I also read single was supposed to be the best...
 
I have tested myself & the single output 0.2 Inverto Black Ultra is better than the Quad version that I tested on my weakest satellite Astra 1G @ 31.5 east 11934 V 30000 2/3 DVB-S2/8PSK MPEG-4 Pro TV Int,
Slight breaking up on single output 0.2 Inverto Black Ultra 104cm Gibertini + TM6900HD Super+
No Signal on the Quad version.
Tested under clear skies within 10 minutes changed to Quad & then back to the single output & the signal returned.
 
Update from Viseu, Portugal (up north, rural areas)

1.1m
As expected I lost all ITV channels, Film4, Channel 4,E4 BUT I suspect that my dish is bad aligned. Due the storm with strong winds from Sunday I also lost reception from 13E+19E and 30W. I need to adjust them again, mounts aren't very good.. can't do it now it's no stop raining days again.:(

Yesterday we had a couple hours of clear skies and I started to get pixels on BBC (SD) channels, it's a start really!.
Based on my receiver, strength: 92% and quality gone up from 0-10% to 45%.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have tested myself & the single output 0.2 Inverto Black Ultra is better than the Quad version that I tested on my weakest satellite Astra 1G @ 31.5 east 11934 V 30000 2/3 DVB-S2/8PSK MPEG-4 Pro TV Int,
Slight breaking up on single output 0.2 Inverto Black Ultra 104cm Gibertini + TM6900HD Super+
No Signal on the Quad version.
Tested under clear skies within 10 minutes changed to Quad & then back to the single output & the signal returned.

Picking up on what timo_w2s said, according to bema in http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/astra-2e-scandinavia-baltics-reports.159948/page-3, the Inverto BU Quad is weaker on vertical channels due to, as he sees it, a design shortcoming i.e. the vertical probe is not located in the circular waveguide.
Unfortunately, I have to use the Quad as I need 3 of the 4 feeds.
 
The black ultra is much better than the eco especially on higher frequencies ( on higher frequencies the 1.2m with the ultra showed the same or better SNR than the 1.5m with the eco ) . I left the tv with a blank screen on BBC2HD and went up and swopped over the LNBS and came back down to a clear picture and SNR of 58% on BBC two HD. More sensibly my 1.5m now has the Black ultra. The weather remains horrendous so i dont think more margin this is needed here . As I said i have never seen 2F Spot drop out here in madrid before.
 
Picking up on what timo_w2s said, according to bema in http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/astra-2e-scandinavia-baltics-reports.159948/page-3, the Inverto BU Quad is weaker on vertical channels due to, as he sees it, a design shortcoming i.e. the vertical probe is not located in the circular waveguide.
Unfortunately, I have to use the Quad as I need 3 of the 4 feeds.

You could consider the Global Stacker De-Stacker system that produces 2 separate signals from a single output Lnb.
 
You could consider the Global Stacker De-Stacker system that produces 2 separate signals from a single output Lnb.

Don't think this is going to work on a Sky+ HD receiver (need to independent feeds). Also, third feed needed for my neighbour with a possible requirement to use the fourth if she swaps her SD box for a HD one.
 
You could consider the Global Stacker De-Stacker system that produces 2 separate signals from a single output Lnb.

No, it doesn't work like that. It still needs two independent outputs on the LNB that are combined (stacked) into one cable and split again at the receiver end (de-stacked).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top