Astra 2E: Iberia & Balearics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from Central Portugal .
With only cloudy sky today it was better to get a pattern of the peaks and dips in the signal levels.
I can only comment on my waking hours.
In the morning 8 ish all BBC coming in clear, signals go down during the day. First to drop is bbc hd on 10847v followed by the rest until all that is still holding on is BBC s 10788 v ...BBC hd came back around 7 ...hey who likes daytime TV anyway :-).
 
I am sure there will be the usual "exaggerations" about dish sizes- went to someone today who said they had a 1.2x1.4m dish, or that's what the installer told them...and she had lost her bbcs on it... ok I shall pop around.... she was not please when the tape measure showed her it was 90x100! But I still managed to get enough signal on it to get the bbcs back...right on the limit.

It is really showing which dishes were installed and aligned well and others not - some I have seen today look to have simply been banged up as quick as possible, "ok we got some signal from 1N, wont bother fine tuning as it is working fine, now pay", are no longer here after making their quick money, and people are now paying again to have their dishes fine tuned correctly.

Lots of expat papers and media stations going on about "there is a total loss of BBC channels in Spain"... - well not in my area and many other areas anyway - but that is glossed over. And they are not really mentioning the signal is still there but that it is simply their current dish is now too small...the only way is to pay 25 euros a month for an internet tv system - and then that was brought to you by "John Smith of IPTV seller "BS and Co".

Long two days...

Off my soap box now!
 
Get a bigger dish and sorted. If you have an 85cm (says on your profile) you won't get much and certainly not BBC or ITV when it goes but with a 1.2 for example I would have thought you would be fine - someone nearer can verify but you're not in a black hole like here in the north.

true. Got mine for free 2 years ago. All I had to do was to take it from a friend's house and install it at my place all by myself. And I'm only 58 :-rofl2
 
Torrevieja (Lo Crispen), 12:00, 1.1m dish (Famaval LH110), all TP's working, pixels on 10847V (BBC One HD).
Torrevieja (Quesada), 17:30, "1.4m" dish (Famaval 140x125), all transponders except 10847V.

So Torrevieja much worse than Alicante but still do-able on a "1.4m" dish.

17:30 has been the low point of the day for 2 days in a row so maybe this is a trend.

Here's my latest signal graph for the last 24 hours. Starting to look a bit untidy now. Any ideas how to make it better? I've given the 8PSK transponders (10847 & 10936) a separate line because they were skewing the results. I don't understand why they are so low because 8PSK transponders on 2F are running at a similar level to the QPSK transponders. Also noticed 2E horizontals have been stronger than 2F briefly a couple of times today.

last-24-hours.webp
 
wont bother fine tuning
Mate, they're keeping people like you and me in business. And I think more of a case of not capable, rather than not bother.
 
More bad news for Portugal. Someone reported on a local forum no picture in Oporto with an 1.80m Channel Master dish on the BBC HD channels. Seems to able to clear the rest though ...
 
Here's my latest signal graph for the last 24 hours. Starting to look a bit untidy now. Any ideas how to make it better? I've given the 8PSK transponders (10847 & 10936) a separate line because they were skewing the results. I don't understand why they are so low because 8PSK transponders on 2F are running at a similar level to the QPSK transponders. Also noticed 2E horizontals have been stronger than 2F briefly a couple of times today.
What software do you use for the 24h signal level measuring? I would like to run a scan here over 24h.
 
Hello to everybody. I'm new in the forum. I wanted to confirm that I can get the BBc sd channels on astra 2e but not the Hd channels. I get the astra 2f channels stronger. Some bbc channels are in the limit of reception and I'm sure I'd lose them in bad weather. Next week, after the itv & ch 4 switching to astra 2e I'll do some fine tuning.
I live at 30kms north of Valencia city and I've got a 100X90 motorised dish getting from 68.5 E to 30W
 
Astra 2E fluxe.webp Astra 2E Penincsula Iberica.webp Just got emailed these 2 pictures - seem to be pretty much on the nose for how things have turned out.
 
What software do you use for the 24h signal level measuring? I would like to run a scan here over 24h.
I wrote all the stuff i'm using.
 
I am sure there will be the usual "exaggerations" about dish sizes- went to someone today who said they had a 1.2x1.4m dish, or that's what the installer told them...and she had lost her bbcs on it... ok I shall pop around.... she was not please when the tape measure showed her it was 90x100! But I still managed to get enough signal on it to get the bbcs back...right on the limit.

It is really showing which dishes were installed and aligned well and others not - some I have seen today look to have simply been banged up as quick as possible, "ok we got some signal from 1N, wont bother fine tuning as it is working fine, now pay", are no longer here after making their quick money, and people are now paying again to have their dishes fine tuned correctly.

Lots of expat papers and media stations going on about "there is a total loss of BBC channels in Spain"... - well not in my area and many other areas anyway - but that is glossed over. And they are not really mentioning the signal is still there but that it is simply their current dish is now too small...the only way is to pay 25 euros a month for an internet tv system - and then that was brought to you by "John Smith of IPTV seller "BS and Co".

Long two days...

Off my soap box now!
For anybody on a low budget thinking of paying for IPTV, buy an android device(mine was 50ish quid ) or use your laptop, connect to router and telly and download the filmon app, our has been working fine for months and it is free.
 
@Analoguesat
There's a purple pin on the map on Madrid labelled as Villaverde showing no reception on a 2.4m dish. Am I correct in thinking Villaverde is near Seville? I assume Madrid should be fine with a 2.4m.
 
@Analoguesat
There's a purple pin on the map on Madrid labelled as Villaverde showing no reception on a 2.4m dish. Am I correct in thinking Villaverde is near Seville? I assume Madrid should be fine with a 2.4m.


Ive probably picked the wrong Villaverde :D
 
@Analoguesat
There's a purple pin on the map on Madrid labelled as Villaverde showing no reception on a 2.4m dish. Am I correct in thinking Villaverde is near Seville? I assume Madrid should be fine with a 2.4m.
Villaverde.- At the time a village, with the passage of time is now a neighborhood in central Madrid
Villaverde.- En su momento un pueblo, con el paso del tiempo ahora es un barrio de Madrid (capital).

Villaverde (Madrid).- 40.346282ºN, 3.713436ºW
Sevilla.- 37.385981ºN, 5.979366ºW

Villaverde ~ Sevilla are separated/estan separados por 531Km.

I live 26 KM of Villaverde, 100cm have in the worst case with 150cm would not have to have problems, it is clear that this ill-fitting antenna/ installation.
Madrid North (40.5458°N, 3.612°W) near Ikea (2.4KM).
------------------------------------
Vivo a 26 KM de Villaverde, tengo 100cm, en el peor de los casos con 150cm no tendria que tener problemas, esta claro que esta mal ajustada la antena/instalacion.
Madrid zona norte (40.5458°N, 3.612°W) cerca Ikea (2.4KM).


Then consultare such facilities makes friend with a professional installer to 180cm offset 28ºThis official tuners.
----------
Luego consultare que tal las instalaciones que hace un amigo instalador profesional con 180cm offset para 28º con sintonizadores oficiales.
 
...
Here's my latest signal graph for the last 24 hours. Starting to look a bit untidy now. Any ideas how to make it better? I've given the 8PSK transponders (10847 & 10936) a separate line because they were skewing the results. I don't understand why they are so low because 8PSK transponders on 2F are running at a similar level to the QPSK transponders. Also noticed 2E horizontals have been stronger than 2F briefly a couple of times today.
...

First off I would like to thank you for the signal strength data.

I’m not sure what you mean by a bit untidy but I’ve put the data in a spread sheet and done an average over 10 points to get a smother curve. I’ve also turned off the auto scale on the axis and manually set them to get better graphs.

Please see attached files which you may find an improvement.

I’ve used LibreOffice as I prefer it but I’ve included an Excel version for those stuck with Microsoft.

NOTE: This forum won’t allow the posting of spread sheets so you will need to save the files on your hard disk then change the extension to ODS or XLS. They are not really text files. I’ve no idea if this will work.

Terry
 

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top