park_gate
Regular Member
- My Satellite Setup
- 1.8M + Pace 2600C1 spain
- My Location
- PO7 Uk and Moraira, Spain
BBC1 & BBC2 HD signals starting to get too close to the knuckle here. After aligning the dish/lnb, the best I can do is 90% S and 60% Q
switched it on at 7.00 am today to check on any of the ITV had moved, and NO SIGNAL at all showing. Picture of a kind started to appear around 7.40. Clear blue skies, 1.9M dish, C120 0.3 lnb. Dreading the ITV changeover !!!
Yes but he's not receiving 10847V. 10818V is an easy catch. 10847V is 1.3dB lower than 10818. 1.3dB is worth 1.5 dish sizes.1.2/1.3 dish although it is pixelating in the morning and afternoon...At the moment (sunday 11.34am) bbc1 south 10818 is 37% my breakup threashold is 35% so still quite low but a perfect picture, it's stonger in the evening...At the moment i am using bbc1hd wales and scotland from 2F
What I mean is once there are more than 3 or 4 lines on a graph it starts to get confusing and not so user friendly. Have a look at this for example and see how easy it is to understand (or not, maybe).
View attachment 61690
Extremely unlikely. I'm probably as near to you as you are going to get any sort of reception (if that makes sense). North of Tortosa there is a huge drop off of signal. I don't know how far north it would be possible to receive a signal but judging by my tests I doubt it will get as far as L'Hospitalet de L'Infant. In the space of 4Km I get reception on 1.9M then absolutely nothing, it's that steep.I'm only confirming what everyone already knows - here in Barcelona (city) reception of all BBC channels is now down to a big fat zero. Continue to receive ITVs and 4s.
How unlucky is it to be smack bang in the middle of a complete null?!
Does anyone know of reception in this area with bigger dishes?
Probably not via satellite, unless they have like a 4 or 5 meter dishI have heard today that Gibraltar got their BBC back yesterday, no idea if this is true and don't know anyone to ask.
North of Tortosa there is a huge drop off of signal. In the space of 4Km I get reception on 1.9M then absolutely nothing, it's that steep.