Astra 2E: Iberia & Balearics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard today that Gibraltar got their BBC back yesterday, no idea if this is true and don't know anyone to ask.

Apparently they have a local cable network.
 
Really?... :eek: I am amazed ... have you tried that yourselve ? Is a real surprise that the dropoff is so steep.

I have experienced this scenario too over an even shorter distance (<100m), but only on a specific frequency.
 
Really?... :eek: I am amazed ... have you tried that yourselve ? Is a real surprise that the dropoff is so steep.
FieldTest_s.webp

Yes, personally. I went out mobile (not easy!) on Thursday with a 1.9M Famaval dish testing in various places around the area and taking measurements (I have a Promax Sathunter) and also plugging in a TV to a generic satellite receiver and I was amazed to experience this in such a short distance.
 
Blimey, that dish is knackered. No wonder you're getting no signal.
 
While the edge is just no problemo.
Mientras solo sea el borde no problemo.
 
with a 1.9M Famaval dish testing in various places
It may be worth trying to locate a 1.8/9m Marafa dish - and see which of the two works best.
Personally I have always like and used the 1.8/9 Marafa dishes rather than the 1.8/9m Famavals...for one the elevation is easier to change as you do not have to crouch down below the dish like on the Famaval, and I have often found that the Marafa dishes sometimes get a slightly better signal (or is that how well I install them?)
And they cost about the same
 
i personaly prefer Pasat dish then these
 
We started/Empezamos 3:30
10714 = 13.50dB Señal/SNR84% =====> 6.50dB SNR40% Channel4 (c4l)
10729 = 14.00dB Señal/SNR87% =====> 6.50dB SNR40% Channel 4 +1
3:40
10758 = 14.50dB Señal/SNR90% =====> 7.00dB SNR43% ITV
10832 = 15.00dB Señal/SNR93% =====> 6.50dB SNR40% ITV HD
3:45
10891 = 13.00dB Señal/SNR81% =====> 6.50dB SNR40% ITV +1
10906 = 14.50dB Señal/SNR90% =====> 8.00dB SNR50% STV

Greetings to the guys at the test.
Un saludo a los chicos de los test.
Madrid (spain) dish 98x90cm (100cm)
v5t.gif
 

Attachments

  • 01_10714H22000_c4l_vu.webp
    01_10714H22000_c4l_vu.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 01_10729V22000_e4.webp
    01_10729V22000_e4.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 01_10714H22000_c4l.webp
    01_10714H22000_c4l.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 01_10832H22000_ITV_HD.webp
    01_10832H22000_ITV_HD.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
As predicted, ITV and C4 etc. gone from Southern (and I guess all) Cataluña.
 
Blimey, that dish is knackered. No wonder you're getting no signal.
It fell of the van :-ohmy Fortunately its only the edge that got damaged. It hasn't made any difference to the results obtained.
 
As predicted, ITV and C4 etc. gone from Southern (and I guess all) Cataluña.

Can confirm ITV and C4 now disappeared in the dreaded Cataluña/Menorca/North Majorca notch.
 
On the 80cm dish - - nowat 0818 - all but the ITV freq 10757 is available on the 80cm dish - mind you it was very windy here yesterday which may have knocked it out a bit....
 
On the 80cm dish - - nowat 0818 - all but the ITV freq 10757 is available on the 80cm dish - mind you it was very windy here yesterday which may have knocked it out a bit....

Almost tempted (but not quite!) to move to the Valencia hotspot. :D
 
Yep all ITV and C4 channels gone here too, also lost TCM but have not lost TCM+1
 
Yep all ITV and C4 channels gone here too, also lost TCM but have not lost TCM+1

Not made the slightest difference here. So much so, I thought it had not been done.
 
Here in Benissa costa still receiving all channels
Itv now 9.2 before 10.5
No changes in Ch4 still 9.5 db
Strongest transpoder itv is 10906 10 db
 
Not made the slightest difference here. So much so, I thought it had not been done.

you do have a nice big dish :) and it seems the costa del sol and surrounding areas have been hit massively any way im ok with my work arounds!
now what to do with a 1.3M gibby....
 
Not sure if signal levels have improved but I have 10818V which was at best heavily pixelated but now fairly stable (F3 signal level 89 quality 60-65) so now have BBC1 ,2 & 3 on 2E UK spot and ITV1, 4HD and 5 working on 2F uk spot. Sadly no equipent to measure.
 
I find signal strong in morning, dropping a little around 4-5pm, then getting stronger from 10
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top