Astra 2E: Iberia & Balearics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, are always better individual LNB with multiple outputs are worse checked (other manufacturers).
Looking at features in the primary focus are 0.3 dB (0.7dB max.) the Inverto.

It is also true that all LNB are not equal, buy 5 in 5 and pass them by measuring the BER (bit error rate) test, you have 1 very good, 2 regular and 1 are very bad compared to the best.
This is what I can tell.
-----------
En general, siempre son mejores los LNB individuales, con varias salidas son peores verificado (distintos fabricantes).
Mirando caracteristicas, en los de foco primario son de 0,3dB (0.7dB max.) los Inverto.

Tambien es cierto, que todos los LNB no son iguales, compro de 5 en 5 y les paso un test midiendo el BER (tasa de errores), tienes 1 muy bueno, 2 regulares y 1 muy malo comparado con el mejor.
Es lo que puedo contar.
 
I've heard the opposite, but having never used a quad I can't compare them myself. The Scandinavian 2E thread also has some discussion about these LNBs.
Perhaps the tolerances vary between individual units, because I was once having difficulties with an old 2D transponder. Tried the Ultra single, twin & quad, and the quad was the only one that gave good results. The Ultras do have unusually high gain though and this may upset some receivers' tuners, so it might not be a fair comparison between different brands.
Had I known then what I know now, I would have experimented with a few 'identical' ones to see how they compared with one another. But thanks to 2E, we have no weak transponders to play with now- it's either either flat out or nothing.
 
Last edited:
No, it doesn't work like that. It still needs two independent outputs on the LNB that are combined (stacked) into one cable and split again at the receiver end (de-stacked).

Yes of course you are correct timo,

How about an INVERTO 0.2dB QUATTRO OUTPUT LNB

Low Threshold 0.2dB Quattro Universal Professional LNB. Hi/Lo Vertical/Horizontal LNB,
When fed through a Multi-switch box giving you 4 or more separate outputs depending on which Multi-Switch you buy illustrated below is for 4 outputs but this type of system can feed as many as 12 separate receivers or 6 twin tuner receivers.
 

Attachments

  • $T2eC16FHJF4FFktyDwreBR-V4OjZJQ~~60_35.webp
    $T2eC16FHJF4FFktyDwreBR-V4OjZJQ~~60_35.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hello all

New member signing in for first time. Have FTE 1.6 dish with bigsat quad lnb and Sagemcom freesat box. have stronger signal strength on HD channels than normal for both BBC and ITV according to box. Either way have no problems receiving any signal. Had a play with a friends old 1m dish today and got BBC 1 south, ITV London, C4 (breaks up a little) AND CH5. Will try ITV Central South on 11052 H tomorrow to see if stronger.

On another friends 1.9 prime focus dish yesterday managed to get all BBC inc HD except 10803 H, aboslutely no signal at all. OK before left 1N, any ideas on that one? Located near golf course in Ciudad Quesada, Rojales, Alicante (have 10803 H on my dish no problem)
 
Hiya Brian, welcome to the forum. I'll add your reports to the map - all info is most valuable :)

If you are getting absolutely nothing from 10803 but the others are fine then you may find theres something local knocking that particular frequency out or it might just be you are unlucky!
 
Unlucky for my friend who likes north uk BBC one, I am from the south and no problem for BBC south.

Perhaps Huevos knows the answer? Could be something from Thader House!

(Huevos knows the area and the big array they have up there)
 
Hello all
On another friends 1.9 prime focus dish yesterday managed to get all BBC inc HD except 10803 H, aboslutely no signal at all. OK before left 1N, any ideas on that one? Located near golf course in Ciudad Quesada, Rojales, Alicante (have 10803 H on my dish no problem)

I'm in Quesada, and I'm getting 10803H no problems.
 
Hello free1066. if you don´t mind please advise location in quesada, have found problems in past with the masts on Thader house causing problems with alarm systems as well as TV signals. Are you golf side, arches side or facing Torrevieja on south slope? It will help me in finding source of signal degredation.
 
Hello free1066. if you don´t mind please advise location in quesada, have found problems in past with the masts on Thader house causing problems with alarm systems as well as TV signals. Are you golf side, arches side or facing Torrevieja on south slope? It will help me in finding source of signal degredation.

Not far from Consume / Lidl
 
OK Not far from Consum/Lidl puts you on Rojales hills, north side of Thader House, problem with 10803 H I have is south side (near golf course) Could do with equipment I used to have in UK whenworking fot BT RF interference unit. But info does help, thanks

Sorry, re think, Consum Aldi on north side, Lidl puts you on south side toward Torrevieja on Doña Pepa. Problem with signal is near golf course on east side of Thader towards Guardamar , need better glasses and test equipment!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just lost BBC HD for 15 seconds at 22:13 CET, maybe a clytch or clitch, or 1N starting to move to 19.2!
 
In some areas who lost C4 in this mornings move, remember if you have a sky subscription, it may be possible to receive the Irish versions of C4 on freq 12480 v 27.5 2/3.
Have report of 104 C4 England not available in CDS on a 1.8m dish, but Irish C4s are fine....
 
Here in central portugal with my 2.3 mt dish all SD channels solid all day even in the heavy rain this morning , slight break up on BBC HD s during rain ...to me looks like signal increased ? anybody else this way seeing this ?
 
Update from Viseu, Portugal (up north, rural areas)

1.1m
As expected I lost all ITV channels, Film4, Channel 4,E4 BUT I suspect that my dish is bad aligned. Due the storm with strong winds from Sunday I also lost reception from 13E+19E and 30W. I need to adjust them again, mounts aren't very good.. can't do it now it's no stop raining days again.:(

Yesterday we had a couple hours of clear skies and I started to get pixels on BBC (SD) channels, it's a start really!.
Based on my receiver, strength: 92% and quality gone up from 0-10% to 45%.

Another update here
The rain and wind gave us a break during afternoon
I've re-adjusted all the dishes
The good part
Took quite a time with 1.1m, but now I can get all BBC channels (all regions), all ITV (also+1), ITV4+1 but not ITV4 (10758V), Film4, Channel 4, Channel 5, 5 USA, More4, but not E4 or E4+1 (10729V); -all SD channels
The bad
Why the hell I brought such a smaller dish?! Oh, it's on me, I can't stop blaming myself
On the limits, NO rain margin


So, I assume 1.4m-1.6m would be OK here
 
Here in central portugal with my 2.3 mt dish all SD channels solid all day even in the heavy rain this morning , slight break up on BBC HD s during rain ...to me looks like signal increased ? anybody else this way seeing this ?
I also noticed the signal rise according rain or clouds.
In contrast with clouds at 2 levels (very low and very high) levels are much lower than normal.
------
Tambien noto la subida de señal segun lluvia o nubes.
Por contra con nubes a 2 alturas (muy bajas y muy altas), los niveles son mucho mas bajos de lo normal.
 
Another report for Salamanca (city) in a different forum:
'With a motorized 120cm ChannelMaster dish/Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 single LNB , reception is good on all channels as of today and in fact has improved a notch.'
 
Here in Madrid after 24 hours observation :

1.5m Tecatel
Black Ultra

All channells recievable HD and SD , weaker in morning getting stonger in the evening.

My 1.2m is not sufficent in the morning if the weather is bad , it was so bad yesterday i lost Astra 2A north for a time.

Interestingly now 2F in general appears a bit weaker than when i last observed it closely and has very similar levels to 2E.
 
Just had a call from a friend who yesterday had no BBC or ITV, today the signals have returned. Checked on the signal meter on my Sagemcom box and it is showing slightly higher strength than yesterday by 1 or 2 %.
Yesterday we had low cloud and a little light rain, today clear skies and no wind so suspect increase (or decrease yesterday) caused by weather conditions.
 
I am guessing if there's heavy rain over the uplink stations in the UK (and there's a LOT of rain here), the signal strength will suffer going up... which equates to a weaker signal everywhere. Right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top