Astra 2E: Iberia & Balearics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it can be done with a dm500s I have two spares, only thing that is missing is the big dish that I'm still hunting down
6db of snr from 10906V isn't enough for proper measurement :(
 
i do log every minute. I couldn't see this event in my logs


 
Some weird event here. Dropped power on both satellites (across all transponders) for a few minutes earlier. Not weather related.
Pity no one else is keeping records to compare with this. Maybe we should set one of these up at your place Brian.

PM me what I´d need and we will see what can be done. It would be useful to be able to compare between the two locations, esp under very local weather conditions we have here.
 
Figures for me here in Totana have seemed to improved a lot over the last couple of days, acheiving figures roughly identical to back in February on 2F, 2E is still a bit weaker for than in Feb but that maybe due that i've adjusted the dish since then
 
Some weird event here. Dropped power on both satellites (across all transponders) for a few minutes earlier. Not weather related.

View attachment 65509

Pity no one else is keeping records to compare with this. Maybe we should set one of these up at your place Brian.

It wasn't a bird landed on your LNB arm? I had that problem...
 
Did anyone else notice that 12207 - sky news frequency - was poor firth thing this morning - 730 ish?
Sky news and others on that freq were all pixelating a lot - come 8am all was fine...

So was this the sun moving behind the uplink satellites...if they do uplink to another before using 28 east?
 
But what was the signal level like?

BTW, at that time the sun would be around 60ºE and anyway it's well above the geo arc at the minute so must be down to something else.
 
Last edited:
It wasn't a bird landed on your LNB arm?
I doubt it. My dishes are at ground level. And I can't see a bird dancing around on my LNB arm for 20 minutes.
 
Was not just on my system - had a few call about it also, and one client I visited to day also mentioned it. From what I could see all other channels were fine (did not check them all but went thru a lot of them!)

I also posted a few months ago that Sky News International on 19 east pixelates at about 0815 a few weeks a year,....hence the thought about an uplink satellite being affected by the sun -
Did not have a chance to stick a meter on it...and thought nothing of it until I got the few phonecalls after I had left
 
It wasn't a bird landed on your LNB arm? I had that problem...
I recently had a snail walk (slide?) across the LNB face and kill the signal for a bit.
 
Last edited:
Huevos, did you record the sig drop at about 09:30 this morning? I have had my Smart test box on for about two days to check sig levels at varios times of day. Funny thing was Sig strength did not drop by much, however sig/noise went down by about 2 - 2.5 dB and error rate from 1-7 to about 3-5. Is this local noise or atmospheric or sun activity?

Anyone else who has knowledge, please chip in!
 
Not that I saw.

last-24-hours-graph.php.webp
 
Hi to all

Need some help to set up a secondary monitoring post here in the Cossta Blanca.

Does anyone near here have a Duo3 or Ultimo they are not using at the mo, so I can borrow, or buy, it to set up a new signal test rig here in CB south?
 
Just noticed signal breaking up on everything, quite windy so I thought I would check the state of the mount in ( what passes for in modern spanish houses ) the wall. All OK but cable tie to lnb arm broke and flapping about, LNB F connector almost completely unscrewed, fixed just in time for chelsea flower. Panic over and happy wife.

They can also slip out of contact somewhat under the weight of the cable which is another good reason to use self amalgamating tape, it stops the cable from sliding out of the f connector.
 
They can also slip out of contact somewhat under the weight of the cable which is another good reason to use self amalgamating tape, it stops the cable from sliding out of the f connector.

The best thing to do is get a F type connector that fits the cable, hence I but mine from various outlets so I have different size connectors to suit various cables
 
Anyone noticed 10818V BBC1 south/BBC NI signal dropped out completely, most others seem OK at the moment and 2F no extra problems.
 
Anyone noticed 10818V BBC1 south/BBC NI signal dropped out completely, most others seem OK at the moment and 2F no extra problems.

No issues here in Valencia - all working perfectly normally....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top