Astra 2E: Iberia & Balearics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't tell Huevos:)
I've always said IBU Single. The Twin in my opinion is a terrible performer, and the quad is just an average LNB. There isn't a twin or quad out there that can touch the IBU Single.
 
Richard, how is your 1.2 doing at the moment, knowing we are having problems with 1.4 and even my 1.6 in my area?
Hi Brian
Not much of 2e during the day at the moment (9pm) it seems ok, itv2, film4 clear as a bell..bbc1 (10818) ok but low a bit of break up..(2e was good in feb and march)
2F clear as a bell all through the day on bbc1hd, itvsd, ch4hd, ch5 but a bit of break up on itvhd in the afternoon
Funnily enough i tried my BU again this afternoon but got nowhere near with it so put my B.E.S.T back on. Interesting what you say about the GI, i might try one of those and a opticom..Still think i'm doing ok with the size of dish that i have as i'm a bout 50-70 miles south of you
 
Not much of 2e during the day at the moment (9pm) it seems ok, itv2, film4 clear as a bell..bbc1 (10818) ok but low a bit of break up..(2e was good in feb and march)
All this changing LNBs is just chasing the rainbow. I don't understand why the dish is performing so bad. Have you focused it properly.
 
Can someone link to a "GI" LNB, I'd like to see one and I'm not sure what it is at the moment.

I've already bought an Opticum LQP-04H to try against my Black Ultra when I get back to Finland but it wouldn't hurt to compare it with another.
 
.............I´m going to get one for my dish!

WOW ***!!!

Thanks for all the replies.

Until I read these I thought the BU ruled. If you are going to get one (GI quad).......guess that voice of experience should suffice for us lesser peeps. Seriously, appreciate the comments as here and as you know , we are on a definite 'fringe' reception area.

¿Again BP, from your experience in this area, will a well installed 1.4m do the job?

Enjoy your night all. :)
 
All this changing LNBs is just chasing the rainbow. ...........

Basically this is why I asked that if in this area, Torrevieja centro, mas or menos, .... should they go for a 1.9m installation.

Huevos, thanks. :)
 
All this changing LNBs is just chasing the rainbow. I don't understand why the dish is performing so bad. Have you focused it properly.

Because it is a 1.2 dish
Yesterday you said in the western european thread (i think it was)
Where you are you can get away with a 1.1m dish, 50kms south you need a 1.4 and a further 50miles south you need a 1.8
I think i might be a bit further than 100 miles south of you so i think the dish is performing quite well and to it's max.. In Feb/March i was getting all the main transponders 24/7 but not bbc1hd on 2e
I wouldn't mind an upgrade to a 1.5 and have searched the classifieds as i thought there
might be a few people getting rid of theirs cheaply if they had upgraded to a larger dish but can't find one anywhere
 
WOW ***!!!

Thanks for all the replies.

Until I read these I thought the BU ruled. If you are going to get one (GI quad).......guess that voice of experience should suffice for us lesser peeps. Seriously, appreciate the comments as here and as you know , we are on a definite 'fringe' reception area.

¿Again BP, from your experience in this area, will a well installed 1.4m do the job?

Enjoy your night all. :)


YES
 
@richard, the thing is you and Lovelyperson have province names as your location. So it's confusing. Do you live in the city or the province. If you are as far south as Lorca I can understand a 1.4m offset not working too well.
 
@richard, the thing is you and Lovelyperson have province names as your location. So it's confusing. Do you live in the city or the province. If you are as far south as Lorca I can understand a 1.4m offset not working too well.

My location states, Totana, Murcia, and i live about 3 miles from Totana, Lorca is about 7 miles south of me and my dish is one of those tecatel 1.2 dish (well 1.37 * 1.23) but officially a 1.2
 
Because it is a 1.2 dish
Yesterday you said in the western european thread (i think it was)
Where you are you can get away with a 1.1m dish, 50kms south you need a 1.4 and a further 50miles south you need a 1.8
I think i might be a bit further than 100 miles south of you so i think the dish is performing quite well and to it's max.. In Feb/March i was getting all the main transponders 24/7 but not bbc1hd on 2e
I wouldn't mind an upgrade to a 1.5 and have searched the classifieds as i thought there
might be a few people getting rid of theirs cheaply if they had upgraded to a larger dish but can't find one anywhere


AS Jethrow would say,,,,,, a funnything happped on the way to the market, nobody wants to sell one of those, in case they come back in fashion
 
@lovelyperson where are you exactly. What town?
I myself, either home at San Juan, Alicante or Villamartin but the peeps with the ¿¿¿???'s are as I said and within 300 metres of the Policia Local office/Carrefour in Torrevieja. on the Crevillente road.

I am beginning to think that in this location a 1.4m will not do the job certainly at the mo but from memory, the winter period here for us with near perfect skies most of the time, brings a more stabilised signal reception.

Just would like to hear or have it confirmed with those that have a 1.9m, that they at present do not have a problem in this area (see map).......anyway, thanks for the continued input.................and we thought we were struggling when 2D was here***!!!

All said.....still a great hobby for us.....wouldn't change it. :)

h.webp
 
Just for info, the Sagemcom box is showing much better SIG quality this morning than last few days. Have not checked with S1 but think SIG is better as have not had any black screens. Will be interesting to see if Huevos has noticed this on his graph.
 
@lovelyperson, Brian and I both have quite a few dishes dotted around Torrevieja. 1.4m offset dishes with a BU Single LNB work fine. I've got some further south too. Some in Campoamor and a few in Pilar de Horadada and some Further south in places like Sucina. They get flaky when not using a BU Single but are fine with it.

In San Juan LH110 works fine 98% of the time on all transponder except 10862. But would still recommend a 1.4m offset.
 
@lovelyperson, ..... 1.4m offset dishes with a BU Single LNB work fine..........

Thanks for the response......will see them over the weekens so will advise of your comments.

Re: the BU LNB.........normally obtain from Malaga....they are showing this (foto)

¿Is this the one in question?

Enjoy your day.

bu.webp
 
That's the chap.
 
Thanks for the response......will see them over the weekens so will advise of your comments.

Re: the BU LNB.........normally obtain from Malaga....they are showing this (foto)

¿Is this the one in question?

Enjoy your day.
Yes but if you are in San Juan just get one from me.
 
I know it goes against the grain and I would not normally say this, but the GI twin and GI quad out perform the BU versions. I know this on having worked on a few dishes in the area. Today I swapped two BU twins for GI on dishes I have installed in the last 6 months and got much better c/n and lower error rate. Also tried to replace a GI quad with a BU on a dish that was having problems and the BU was worse than the GI by a country mile. The single is the best, but the multi´s seems to have problems. For a twin go for GI or Best, for the quad the GI is the best I have found to date.

I´m going to get one for my dish!

Any more info on the GI Quad, website etc... as this lnb is not one I am familiar with , also where would I get one from ? None of my usual sources seem to sell them.
Thanks in advance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top