Astra 2E: Iberia & Balearics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
From GI in Crevillente.

A

Archive4

Any more info on the GI Quad, website etc... as this lnb is not one I am familiar with , also where would I get one from ? None of my usual sources seem to sell them.
Thanks in advance.

GI stands for Galaxy Innovations, they have a website in Spain and others in mother Russia! Not sure if any have specs for the lnb, I buy mine from their outlet in Crevillente

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70cm , Sky hd in uk . CM 1.2 & 1 m at work various stbs for footy , 1.8m Prodelin in Mallorca and foxsat HDR
My Location
Lancs uk , Mallorca Spain
GI stands for Galaxy Innovations, they have a website in Spain and others in mother Russia! Not sure if any have specs for the lnb, I buy mine from their outlet in Crevillente
So are they the same as "Golden Interstar" lnb's then, which I think are the same as Golden Media ones ?
Thanks

A

Archive4

So are they the same as "Golden Interstar" lnb's then, which I think are the same as Golden Media ones ?
Thanks

Similar buy better quality now on the twin and quad, for the single " the BU is the best" Where have I heard that before?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
I'm going to try some Opticums for quad installs. Not sure of a good source at a realistic wholesale price.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
No, not golden interstar. Those have a yellow cap and grey body. These are black whiting and mainly white.

A

Archive4

No, not golden interstar. Those have a yellow cap and grey body. These are black whiting and mainly white.

The bigsat also had grey body with yellow cap, either way GI used to sell them. The new GI versions are light grey with orange caps. Do not know where they are made but are better than the old bigsat as I bought two of those from them from the "old stock" they are ok but weak or even non existant on some txps.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Think thr company is german. Lnb probably from Asia.

A

Archive4

Think the company is german. Lnb probably from Asia.

The new GI are deffinitly Russian, the old golden interstar and big sat were German, but all the new kit and decoders state German engineering, but books are in English and Russian.

Their twins and quads are better than previous German models.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
2E, UK beam compared to PE beam. Beams do not rise and fall in sync, so this is not a power issue. Must be something else. Theories please.

last-24-hours-2E-UK-v-PE-graph.php.png

A

Archive4

2E, UK beam compared to PE beam. Beams do not rise and fall in sync, so this is not a power issue. Must be something else. Theories please.

Looking at the pictorial evidence, the patterns are not that far apart, is it possible that due to atmospherics, and that the spot beam is so focused, that, being a weaker signal, is affected more? Also, won´t a weaker signal be more influenced by local noise than a big strong pe beam? Another thought, that I will check out myself shortly, the frequencies involved can be affected differently by both atmospherics and noise, just like light passing through water. Could that make the difference?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Yes a weaker signal is more affected by local noise, but 2e and 2f spot beams are not in sync so not local noise. Anyway you've seen it here. Not many sources of local noise.

S

Steve Steve

I'm going to try some Opticums for quad installs. Not sure of a good source at a realistic wholesale price.
The Octagon PLL Quad ..might also be worth a try.....Judging by the performance of mine....... 2 members on my other site will also soon be testing a Quad and Quattro Octagon....against the Octicum Quad...I'll report the outcome ......if its any help......

altman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m PF 28.2E, 61cm 19.2E+13E, 34cm 5W, 1.25m PF motorized
mirage 1704HD, DM500S, skystar USB, Sathunter sh200
My Location
Portalegre, Portugal
the "different frequency bands" theory sounds plausible

EDIT: I couldn't find a beacon on any of the astra birds, got a lock on Eutelsats and a few others, it would be a perfect measuring method as the beacons are generated on the bird, so they are only affected by the return path. anybody has info on them, the Astra ones?

Last edited:

humaxboy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 cm 75°E-45°W
ClarkTech Diseqc HH390 Prolong arm
Inverto Black (white) Ultra Single LNB
Octagon SF 4008
My Location
Slovenia
I've always said IBU Single. The Twin in my opinion is a terrible performer, and the quad is just an average LNB. There isn't a twin or quad out there that can touch the IBU Single.

Agree totally :)...if GI Twin or Quad are so good, somebody has to compare it and put the result on the forum..
or everything is yet just another advertisement :D.

To be honest : the older IBU single seems to better build then the new ones. I will try to get a few of new ones to confirm my speculations. I own 3 IBU's and the older one is still the best...

Humaxboy

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70cm , Sky hd in uk . CM 1.2 & 1 m at work various stbs for footy , 1.8m Prodelin in Mallorca and foxsat HDR
My Location
Lancs uk , Mallorca Spain
The Octagon PLL Quad ..might also be worth a try.....Judging by the performance of mine....... 2 members on my other site will also soon be testing a Quad and Quattro Octagon....against the Octicum Quad...I'll report the outcome ......if its any help......
Yes please, that will be a great help, thanks.

RichardinSpain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky 1.5 m FTE dish Amiko Alien SHD8900 receiver, Gigablue Quad
& 80cm dish for Nilesat or badr with Amstrad sky receiver
Dreambox 500s motsat3 motor
My Location
Totana Murcia Spain

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Not sure. They asked me for a copy of my 036 and checked the activity. But maybe they do retail too but at a different price. But definitely a wholesale outlet.

RichardinSpain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky 1.5 m FTE dish Amiko Alien SHD8900 receiver, Gigablue Quad
& 80cm dish for Nilesat or badr with Amstrad sky receiver
Dreambox 500s motsat3 motor
My Location
Totana Murcia Spain
Not sure. They asked me for a copy of my 036 and checked the activity. But maybe they do retail too but at a different price. But definitely a wholesale outlet.

I emailed them yesterday for a price on their 1.45 prime focus dish but haven't heard anything as yet
Huevos, do you know how much more gain i would get out of a 1.45 prime focus against my 1.2 offset?
I was looking at the spec and it says diametro electrico 1330*1330, (diametro total 1440*1440) i'm assuming the 1330 is the main part of the dish and the 1440 is including the rim, if this is the case a lot of difference when you compare 1330 against 1.45..(the 1.8 is advertised with the measurements of 1790*1790 (diametro total 1940*1940), so more near the knuckle of 1.8) if this is the case there doesn't seem a lot of difference of my tecatel which measures 1380*1230. Am i right in saying that on offset dishes the lnb doesn't see part of the dish anyway? In that case i would only be seeing 100mm difference wide.
http://www.galaxy-innovations.es/es/antenas/PF145FIX.html
http://www.galaxy-innovations.es/es/antenas/PF180FIX.html

Status
Not open for further replies.