Astra 2E launch may be delayed (Proton M Launch Failure: Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Jack said:
I think 2F Euro beam is still receivable in parts of Russia - at least that's what I've seen on some Russian forums.
I would imagine it's an easy catch in Kaliningrad. ;)
 
timo_w2s said:
I would imagine it's an easy catch in Kaliningrad. ;)
Ha... No, I am sure I've seen reports of it being seen in Moscow/Tver' areas on moderately sized dishes (2m). Though, further south in Voronezh, for example, only some small peaks from 2.5/3.5m dishes.
 
From SES today:

ASTRA 2E UPDATE

We are pleased to announce that ASTRA 2E has successfully and safely arrived at the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.

The spacecraft will now be processed for launch on board a Proton launch vehicle.
 

Attachments

  • Astra 2E.webp
    Astra 2E.webp
    78.7 KB · Views: 92
Moscow can receive the 2F Euro beam and the 2E should have the same footprints (Hopefully).
Moscow can also receive 2A and 28A.
Both need a minimum of a 1.8m dish but 2.4m for all year round reception.
The problem is when they moved a lot of Sky channels temporarily onto 1N and Moscow cannot receive the Pan Europe beam these should all move onto 2E when it gets there eventually!!
and of course we hope for reception.
 
I think also in Moscow I can be receiver 2e after launch
 
Фрэнк said:
Moscow can receive the 2F Euro beam
How can you know that? What transponders are active on there?
 
Huevos said:
How can you know that? What transponders are active on there?
I'd like to know too. I don't think we haven't had any confirmed Euro beams from 2F yet at 28.2E.
 
timo_w2s said:
I'd like to know too. I don't think we haven't had any confirmed Euro beams from 2F yet at 28.2E.
There is at least one transponder on there but it is not QPSK/8PSK so there's no way to lock it with a conventional receiver. One of the boys with a tuner card can probably tell us what it is.
 
Huevos said:
There is at least one transponder on there but it is not QPSK/8PSK so there's no way to lock it with a conventional receiver. One of the boys with a tuner card can probably tell us what it is.
Argh, now I'm confused, wasn't this the 1N Pan-Euro 2 beam? Or did we decide it was 2F after all?
 
timo_w2s said:
Argh, now I'm confused, wasn't this the 1N Pan-Euro 2 beam? Or did we decide it was 2F after all?
TBH, I'm not sure. All I know for sure is there is at least one transponder transmitting in band C that is not on 2F spot beam. For more details I'd need to plug in the spectrum and that's too much trouble at the minute, and anyway it's not going to tell us what satellite it is coming from.
 
Huevos said:
TBH, I'm not sure. All I know for sure is there is at least one transponder transmitting in band C that is not on 2F spot beam. For more details I'd need to plug in the spectrum and that's too much trouble at the minute, and anyway it's not going to tell us what satellite it is coming from.
My DrHD F15 can lock on to a weak signal on 11.009GHz/V on a 1.8m in Helsinki (varies between 4-8dB each day), and not get a sniff on any of the 1N or 2F UK spot beam tansponders.
 
i receiver on spectrum both freuqncy 11005v 11175v
both are from 1n ?
 
Huevos said:
How can you know that? What transponders are active on there?
My mistake i wanted to say we SHOULD receive the 2F Euro beam but as it is not functioning at the moment so no one can be sure,
 
7/21/13 1:43:57 Launching of the "Astra 2E" Baikonur SK Proton launch vehicle type. Sq. Number 200. PU number 39 Proton-M Coming
 
solly said:
7/21/13 1:43:57 Launching of the "Astra 2E" Baikonur
Is this Moscow Time ? :confused:

July 20 21:43:57 UTC
 
solly said:
7/21/13 1:43:57 Launching of the "Astra 2E" Baikonur SK Proton launch vehicle type. Sq. Number 200. PU number 39 Proton-M Coming
Great, so that's 22:43:57 BST and 23:43:57 for those in Western Europe (CET).

What's the source of this info Solly?
 
It will be official press release from ILS , maybe tomorrow .
 
tomorow launch ils Glonass-M after that start ils countinue astra 2e
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top