Astra 2E launch may be delayed (Proton M Launch Failure: Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good at all. I hope no one was hurt. I remember reading a while ago about how the locals are on the flight path as these rockets take off over land and not the sea like most others. At what point do they give up with these rockets, it seems like more are blowing up than reaching orbit now...? Can't see 2E being on air much before Christmas now, assuming it makes it...
 
They should probably look into that Ariane 5 as a backup launcher. Proton ain't flying anytime soon after that display. :(
 
I thought 2G was to be launched by Ariane 5 but satlaunch.net doesn't list a launch vehicle any more. Would be odd if 2G makes it to orbit before 2E. ;)
 
Oops!

I thimk we can safely say 2E will be delayed!
 
From http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2013/07/proton-m-launch-three-glonass/

The next Proton launch was expected to occur on 20 July, when a Proton-M/Briz-M will be used for a commercial launch conducted by International Launch Services, to orbit the Astra 2E satellite for SES. However, this will now be delayed, pending an investigation into Tuesday’s failure.
 
My god ..
This is the worst disaster for some time ..
I'm gutted ..but at least no fatalities as far as I know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHQm_jC2euM

Certainly going to affect the Kazakhstan Proton program for future missions..
 
Appologies Solly ..
Just found your report in another thread ..
Bad news indeed isn't it..
 
How may is it that have failed now?
 
Took about 14 seconds for the bang to arrive.
 
Vipersan said:
Appologies Solly ..
Just found your report in another thread ..
Bad news indeed isn't it..





I'll merge the Topics, VS..



Edit: Done. And tidied up.
 
_www.liveleak.com/view?i=35f_1372736960

The Russia 24 report.
 
So what's the more likely scenario now ?? Will 1N be staying there until 2E is eventually launched or will it be replaced by 2G if it arrives at 28E first launched by Ariane ??

Cheers
 
That's anyone's guess!

I feel sure SES have contingency plans, as launch failures are not exactly unheard of.
 
Just found time to watch the Video Clip >>> That was one v.expensive Firework.

To think folk in the UK are getting in a twist over Chinese Lanterns.
 
They should really ground these things - they are just plain dangerous.
 
Just afte the impact flash you can clearly see buildings - thats part of the adjacent launch pad - and apparently ILS also use that one!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top