Astra 2E launch may be delayed (Proton M Launch Failure: Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, they did this just after the 15th I think as sure I spotted it last week?? All we need to know now is the time of launch UTC, guess from previous launches, and what was the proposed launch on the 20th, it may be the early hours local time which would make it late evening on the 14th UTC/BST/CET.
 
The first start-up after the accident, "Proton" is scheduled for September 17

27 August 2013 13:38


Zhukovsky (Moscow region). August 27. INTERFAX.RU - Roscosmos plans approved carrier rockets "Proton" in the coming months.

According to "Interfax" a source in the space industry on Tuesday, the first launch of the "Proton-M" is scheduled for September 17.

During the start-up will be launched into orbit spacecraft "Astra 2E."

http://www.interfax.ru/russia/news.asp?id=325516
 
Is there a typo in the Article or has it indeed been Postponed a further 2 days?
 
Doesn't matter much just so long as it goes well!
 
I refer the Honourable Members to my previous reply ................... :D
 
Well, whether it's 15th, 16th or 17th, I shall be "sans le interweb-thingy" on holiday in Spain, so I expect you all to have got it sorted by the time I return.
 
I think this satellite might hold the record for the number of times a launch has been scrubbed out and reentered into the calendar.
 
will be launch 16 september 21:41 UTC

So 22:41 BST for us here in the UK, will be able to watch the launch before I head off to bed. At least it's only a couple of days delay, quite looking forward to seeing the launch now considering, as Hexah says, the number of postponements it has had. If it had got off on the 19th July it would almost have been ready to enter service about the 16th September but we'll have to wait another couple of Months in to mid November now.

ILS still have the date listed as the 15th, guess they'll update it over the next few days.
 
Baikonur. August 30. INTERFAX.RU - Baikonur continues preparations for the launch rocket "Proton-M" with the upper stage "Breeze-M" and European telecommunications satellite Astra 2E, reported "Interfax" a source at the cosmodrome.

According to the source, the finishing chamber assembly and test facility site 92A-50 cosmodrome foreign specialists began refueling satellites propellant components.

In the next room assembly and test facility are working with the upper stage "Breeze-M", which is prepared to dock with the satellite. On the launch vehicle "Proton-M" final operations are performed.

Launch of a space rocket "Proton-M" with the upper stage "Breeze-M" and European telecommunications satellite Astra 2E is scheduled for September 17.
 
In which case I might well be able to hear the squeals of anguish from our Spanish Resident Ex-pats first hand from Poolside in Murcia :cool:
 
In which case I might well be able to hear the squeals of anguish from our Spanish Resident Ex-pats first hand from Poolside in Murcia :cool:


""the word PARTISAN springs to mind for us members on the fringe ""
Hope it`s a damp squib :-toilet
Regards
 
Yes, but my Holiday is in Spain, not everywhere on the Fringe ....................:-lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top