Deso
Regular Member
- My Satellite Setup
- 1.2m Generic dish, Sky+ HD and Technomate TM5402 HD box.
- My Location
- Fuerteventura/UK
Once it completes its temporary mission at 31.5E.
Go on then, I give up?
Once it completes its temporary mission at 31.5E.
Once it completes its temporary mission at 31.5E.
SES have already confirmed via facebook that it's heading for 28.2E in Feb - unless you've a different source and a change of mission has been sought with the non-arrival of 5B?Once it completes its temporary mission at 31.5E.
If your receiver ranges up to at least 2 GHz or so, you can try as Pietclock has done, i.e take an output from your LNB.I didn't know that the 1L and 1KR may have some troubles. How do you know?
motivated by those Scans of Llew I gave it a try with an old Icom radioscanner, which can receive 0.5 - 2450MHz. I fed in the IF with a splitter from the LNB, and it really worked for the 12493 MHz beacon. I can "hear" it using narrow FM, it sounds a bit like those computers in old Bond movies seerp seerp
It goes silent when I move the dish... so it has to be it. That's great, so I can follow it as well.
If your receiver ranges up to at least 2 GHz or so, you can try as Pietclock has done, i.e take an output from your LNB.
The frequency to search for is 12493MHz - the LNB LO frequency (10600) = 1893MHz.
Can you also receive the 11707.50V beacon with your rig?
The carrier amplitude is very low at my locality on both 2E beacons. Presumably as the footprint moves west my signal will increase.
@hexah: yeah I used an Axing SVE2, it has diode protection.
I didn't know that the 1L and 1KR may have some troubles. How do you know?
Probleme mit der Funktionsfähigkeit von Satelliten
In der Satellitenflotte von SES gibt es derzeit elf Satelliten des Modells Lockheed Martin
A2100, bei deren Sonnenkollektoren es zu Anomalien kommen kann. Im Zuge einer strikten
Risikobegrenzungsplanung, einschließlich beschleunigter Ersatzbeschaffung, konnte die
potenzielle Auswirkung von Ausfällen im Großteil der Flotte deutlich verringert werden.
Nice analyser, I've got a HP Agilent 8590, covers L Band up to 1.8GHz, use for my terrestrial broadcast work.If I had My H/P Spectrum Analyzer working, I would have had a real go from the beginning at 2E but unfortunately it has developed some Errors about a year ago especially in the r/f section and being a laboratory equipment it will be too expensive to send to the factory for refurbishment.
This unit can handle from 30c/s to 26Ghz. Specially made for Satellite work.

