Astra 2E: Scandinavia & Baltics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a years abo with canal digital ( norge og family packages ) first 10 months free. Have cancelled this abo and has been accepted as cancelled. Not bad for £80 annual.:D

Still have the HD-decoder 2850-ST box, can I reload new software into it to open other sat. fta channels, have 125 gibby?

Am still streaming uk astra channels.

Regards
 
I am, of course, crazy, but no so much :D.
Depends on whether you can find something used.
But of course there are other 2.4s out there.
(I am not even going to mention the Prodelin 1241, or what I paid for it... :) )
 
Still have the HD-decoder 2850-ST box, can I reload new software into it to open other sat. fta channels, have 125 gibby?
Looks possible > Hvilken tuner?
but even if it may work for several sat fta's, it may not be the most practical receiver...
Info > Tekniske data - HD 2850 ST

About 2E (& F\G), still excellent signal levels here :)
 
Last edited:
Hi Marti! Good start, from very first post and 2,4m Channel Master! Welcome here. Looking forvard to see some pictures of your installation.

P.S. Where you guys getting those CM 2,4m dishes?! ;)
.. swedish website blocket second hand. still a speculation of 500 quid - but included polar mount and electrical heat jacket to melt snow in the winter. It may be up for sale soon again if I don't get a success.

Will send some pics and hopefully results at the weekend.
 
but included polar mount and electrical heat jacket to melt snow in the winter. It may be up for sale soon again if I don't get a success.
Let me know and i'll bring a trailer 'round...
 
I am currently at the holiday house in southern Sweden - and it's ranining.
For a change, I have sketchy reception here.

The CM120 is aimed at 28.4E (or 28.5E depending on which website to believe), or 2E.
I have problems with 2G, but this is to be expected (the dish should probably be aimed somewhere in between 28.2 and 28.5)

I do, however, also have have the classical (2D-ish) problems with Horizontals from 2E.
I have pixellation on BBC1 London, but I receive verticals reasonably well (BBC1 HD).

I think the optimal would be to point at somewhere exactly between 28.35 or so, but now I am worried about the problem with Horizontals on 2E, which the dish is aimed at...

Of course, it IS raining, and there are drops on the LNB, and heavy cloud cover.
But still... it worked so well in the summer...?
 
try -


10818.00 V DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6

works well for me daytime rain or shine 125 gibby central southern norway


Good luck

Regards
 
Results are in for Stockholm, Sweden. All 2E UK spot signals being received using the Channel Master / Raven 2.4 dish- although the HD channels are pixellating, all the standard definition channels are perfectly watchable (62% signal on my TM5402 HD, even with a DiSEQC switch). Will see if it drops in the coming hours, but it has remained stable and worked fine from about 230pm when I first got it working. I swapped my Invacom for an Inverto Black Ultra Quad - although I am pretty sure the Invacom should also work now I have got the dish adjustments sorted out (needed a 38mm spanner). Not had time to take a pic yet. Will do some more tweaks to see if I can stabilise the HD channels as well.
 
Results are in for Stockholm, Sweden. All 2E UK spot signals being received using the Channel Master / Raven 2.4 dish- although the HD channels are pixellating, all the standard definition channels are perfectly watchable (62% signal on my TM5402 HD, even with a DiSEQC switch). Will see if it drops in the coming hours, but it has remained stable and worked fine from about 230pm when I first got it working. I swapped my Invacom for an Inverto Black Ultra Quad - although I am pretty sure the Invacom should also work now I have got the dish adjustments sorted out (needed a 38mm spanner). Not had time to take a pic yet. Will do some more tweaks to see if I can stabilise the HD channels as well.
Ooooh, but that's not really satisfactory is it? Only SD channels...
You gotta get some other (bigger) antenna.
Meanwhile, I can relieve you of the 2.4 - you're not going to need that going forward...

:)
 
Cannot understand why the HD channels are pixellating with that barn door size dish @ your location, maybe more tweaking needed:D

Regards
A quick guess is that OP is suffering from 28.2 vs 28.5 separation.
The bigger the dish, the narrower the beamwidth.
Many HD channels (but not all) are on 2G (28.2E), whereas most popular SD are on 2E (28.5E).
I have this very marked on my 1.8, and it can even be felt on the 1.2s.
On a 2.4, you would feel this quite substantially.
 
A quick guess is that OP is suffering from 28.2 vs 28.5 separation.
The bigger the dish, the narrower the beamwidth.
Many HD channels (but not all) are on 2G (28.2E), whereas most popular SD are on 2E (28.5E).
I have this very marked on my 1.8, and it can even be felt on the 1.2s.
On a 2.4, you would feel this quite substantially.
While I don't have access to the UK spot I have the same issues with the Europe beams on 2E and 2F on a 1.2m in northern Finland. It is quite annoying as when Eutelsat 28A left I was rather hoping this issue would have gone away...
 
Incidentally, I hate to be picky but Finland is neither in Scandinavia or the Baltics so strictly speaking I shouldn't be posting here....
 
Incidentally, I hate to be picky but Finland is neither in Scandinavia or the Baltics so strictly speaking I shouldn't be posting here....

Yes you can:-

Finland (i/ˈfɪnlənd/; Finnish: Suomi [suomi] ( listen); Swedish: Finland [ˈfɪnland]), officially the Republic of Finland,[7] is a Nordic country in Northern Europe bordered by Sweden to the west, Norway to the north, and Russia to the east; Estonia lies to the south across the Gulf of Finland. Finland is part of the geographic region of Fennoscandia, which also includes Scandinavia and parts of Russia.

_Finland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards
spot on1.webp
 
Yes you can:-

Finland (i/ˈfɪnlənd/; Finnish: Suomi [suomi] ( listen); Swedish: Finland [ˈfɪnland]), officially the Republic of Finland,[7] is a Nordic country in Northern Europe bordered by Sweden to the west, Norway to the north, and Russia to the east; Estonia lies to the south across the Gulf of Finland. Finland is part of the geographic region of Fennoscandia, which also includes Scandinavia and parts of Russia.

_Finland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards
View attachment 86201

...and it's part of the Nordics, so in the vein of Stalinistic history-writing, I would simply rename the thread "Nordic and Baltics Reports", and the issue would be a non-issue.
 
...and it's part of the Nordics, so in the vein of Stalinistic history-writing, I would simply rename the thread "Nordic and Baltics Reports", and the issue would be a non-issue.


Yes


So no quibble posting on this thread :-rofl2

Regards
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top