Astra 2E: Transit to 28.2E

Status
Not open for further replies.
i not get 12266h
from astra 1n
same tp move strong
12324v,12363v pe astra 1n
no lock signal yet
12304h have signal 17%
pe beam 4,5m in
tel aviv israel
 

Attachments

  • 12324v.gif
    12324v.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 12304h.gif
    12304h.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
sky is probably moving their channels to a PE beam...
Yep, they are going on to a PE beam certainly, I think though it's probably more a distribution deal for Disney via Sky's capacity. Some thought Disney rented TP51 directly from SES but couldn't tell you myself. If they did and are now moving, it's a cheaper option to rent bandwidth from a Sky leased TP than utilise a full one for themselves which is only half filled capacity-wise.

It means at least SES, if they choose to, have a TP free potentially, to play with.
 
Some thought Disney rented TP51 directly from SES but couldn't tell you myself.
That some would be me, but I've googled and googled but can't find that press release I seem to remember so clearly talking about SES and Disney doing a deal about 10 years ago. Maybe I dreamed it?
 
That some would be me, but I've googled and googled but can't find that press release I seem to remember so clearly talking about SES and Disney doing a deal about 10 years ago. Maybe I dreamed it?
I think your right, I'm sure they rented it directly, maybe Sky handled uplinking for them but have now done a bit of a 'turnkey' solution using their own space segment on a 2A TP. Alternatively it could just be for Irish variants but someone confirmed currently to me that the ads are identical.

11914 it tp from 2a
maybe 2a move to 2e soon
That's the question I also want to know. SES said in their press release and an email I received "over several weeks" which would most likely be more than the time taken to migrate 16x D band TP's but we'll have to see.

2E is now sub 33E, currently 32.99E!
 
That's the question I also want to know. SES said in their press release and an email I received "over several weeks" which would most likely be more than the time taken to migrate 16x D band TP's but we'll have to see.
I was rather hoping 2A would stick around until 2G came online, but I suspect 2E will take over some/most of it just to annoy me.
 
I was rather hoping 2A would stick around until 2G came online, but I suspect 2E will take over some/most of it just to annoy me.
Maybe 2E will take some of the 2A TP's in the interim with the rest going to 2G? There's also the issue of where 1N's ex-2B TP's will go as there's a handful of them too. Maybe 2F will take some and 2E some or all from 2A, we'll no doubt find out in the next couple of weeks.
 
Much conjecture.

"" an opinion or idea formed without proof or sufficient evidence ""

And speculation.

"" ideas or guesses about something that is not known ""

Ongoing here.

Lets just wait and see.
 
One thing I will be happy about is when 2G is online and all the old satellites have left then we will finally know what the situation is likely to be for the next 12-15 years. It's the last few years of uncertainty that has been so annoying and yet fascinating to discuss at the same time.
 
Hi to all!!!Do you know when it becomes operational? 1°February? Thank you in advance!
 
It looks like the Disney TP on 10862H is being cleared out as services are now duplicated on 11914H and their 1N spot TP is currently only half full anyway.
Still mapped to 10862H for Digibox users.
 
Still mapped to 10862H for Digibox users.
Once the SID's on 11914H are relabelled the EPG will have been remapped, likely to happen next week.
 
Once the SID's on 11914H are relabelled the EPG will have been remapped, likely to happen next week.
Interesting if Disney are leaving the spot beam transponder they've always used
 
I think the first transponders to move will be the four data carriers.

It is feasible that 11.778V could go to the UK beam- imagine the flap that would cause!
 
It is feasible that 11.778V could go to the UK beam- imagine the flap that would cause!
No flap at all. 11778V is 2/3, not 5/6 which means for the same power you can go down 2 dish sizes.
 
I've done a bit of totting up here in respect of what SES could move to what and provide backup with (on arrival of 2E to the 28E fleet):

Currently utilisation breaks down to:

Astra 2A - 19TP's
Astra 2F - 19 TP's
Astra 1N - 29 TP's (plus three or four extra data TP's)

If 2E took on 2A's broadcast traffic then would tot up a total of 35 TP's (plus potentially the data TP's)
If 2F takes on 1N's 13 PE TP's then would total up to 32TP's total

This would mean 2E DR backup being 2A and 2D covering 19+16 TP's total, 2F's traffic could be covered by 13 TP's from 2E and 19TP's from 2A, assuming 2A can cover 2F's current higher spectrum TP's from 12.5GHz upwards?

They might just leave 2A going and migrate all 19TP's on here to 2G once she arrives but given 2A's age and utilising it for DR purposes at 23.5E they may offload her? If they move 2C back to 28.2E earlier then this can cover the C band upwards I believe?
 
i belive first take astra 1n to 2e
spot beam after that start pe beam
about 2a maybe will be later switch tp to 2e
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top