Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the one frequency active the map is showing some interesting trends.

Id like to see a few more reports from northern & central Italy.
 
So, I think I may have been wrong about my initial reports. I can't get anything on 11023H on my Humax Foxsat box in Barcelona. However, what confuses me is that, looking through the full list of transponders on my Freesat box, 11023 doesn't appear (up until now, this is not a transponder I have ever used, by the looks) and it won't let me add it, so I'm not even sure about the reliability of my measurements.
I'm just confused now. :-wow
 
On seeing the above got a bit worried and have just tested again but still have 100%SS and 100% SQ and with the 20DB attenuator I get 65%SS and 100%SQ. So far so good - I also read somwhere there had been some severe solar activity today which may have affected things for some!!!

Thinking about the new beam - it seems they have opted for a smaller (tighter or more focused!!) beam but in order to get proper coverage of the UK they have distored it by elongating it which has meant in turn that the width has been pulled in thus creating the issues we are seeing - a bit simplistic perhaps but seems to be the root of it.
 
The blue one was erratic reception - fading out during the afternoon.

Thought Id make a distinction of some sort for intermittent reception :D
 
[background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Visiosat BIG-BISAT Multi-beam
width / height: 91 cm / 70 cm
MTI High Line Twin LNB 0.2 dB

Read more: [/background]
[/background]
[background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Live link removed[/background][/background][background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)][/background][/background]

​
[background=rgb(255,255,255)]NO 2F-signal whatsoever for me here in the very north of Italy on the Austrian border in perfect weather conditions.
sad.gif

Haven't done any tweaking so far, but a frightening signal quality of 0% doesn't really leave me confident...
Anyway, let's see what's happening within the next couple of days.......

Visiosat BIG-BISAT Multi-beam
width / height: 91 cm / 70 cm
MTI High Line Twin LNB 0.2 dB[/background]


[background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Read more: [background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Live link removed[/background][/background][background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)][/background][/background]

NO 2F-signal whatsoever for me here in the very north of Italy on the Austrian border in perfect weather conditions.
sad.gif

Haven't done any tweaking so far, but a frightening signal quality of 0% doesn't really leave me confident...
Anyway, let's see what's happening within the next couple of days.......

Visiosat BIG-BISAT Multi-beam
width / height: 91 cm / 70 cm
MTI High Line Twin LNB 0.2 dB[/background]
[/background]


[background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Read more: [background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Live link removed[/background][/background][background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)][/background][/background][/background][/background]


[background=rgb(255,255,255)]Visiosat BIG-BISAT Multi-beam
width / height: 91 cm / 70 cm
MTI High Line Twin LNB 0.2 dB

[background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Read more: [background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Live link removed[/background][/background][background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)][/background][/background][/background][/background][/background]
​

[background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]MODERATION NOTE - Please remember to post external links with an underscore at the beginning of the URL as per the forum rules.[/background][/background][/background][/background][/background]

​
 
If there are someone from Alentejo-Portugal or Extremadura-Spain, please report your tests here.
 
if i knew how to draw lines on that map i think i might be able to roughly predict required dish size but going onteh reports with red and green i would say some areas will never get it now not unless they can get hold off something 6m+ but i think some areas in red i might be able to say a size that might work so if anyone in those regions knows someone with that size could check we could confirm if that is the case
 
If there are someone from Alentejo-Portugal or Extremadura-Spain, please report your tests here.

Extrapolating from the existing info on the map Ive produced the dish size is probably going to be over 2m for 2F channels in both locations
 
On a selfsat in Strasbourg I'm now seeing 11023 at 62% SQ on my meter, this compares to about 75% for the main 2n transponders. I couldn't see this transponder at all last night
 
[background=rgb(255,255,255)][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Visiosat BIG-BISAT Multi-beam
width / height: 91 cm / 70 cm
MTI High Line Twin LNB 0.2 dB[/background]
[/background]


[background=rgb(255,255,255)]Visiosat BIG-BISAT Multi-beam
width / height: 91 cm / 70 cm
MTI High Line Twin LNB 0.2 dB[/background]

​


@analoguesat:
Hi! Here's my daunting reception report from Bolzano, Northern Italy: 0% SQ reception from 2F so far! Not done any tweaking yet! Strong and stable signal from 1N though!
Equipment: Visiosat BIG-BISAT multibeam (90/70cm); MTI Highline Twin LNB 0.2 dB
Let's hope for better... :-crying
[background=rgb(255,255,255)]Visiosat BIG-BISAT Multi-beam
width / height: 91 cm / 70 cm
MTI High Line Twin LNB 0.2 dB[/background]


​
 
11023h is back again here in Tenerife South
7dB
44% SNR

but bouncing back to zero about every minute
 
11023H has dropped from 62% SNR to 57% in the last 2 hours (as measured on DM800)

Still not pixelating.

(Western Austria 100cm)

... and continues to fade, 40 minutes later SNR is now 52% ! On the verge of losing some picture ...
 
Slovakia - Zlate Moravce

ASTRA 2F 0% signal

Dish Gibertiny 155cm
 
Just to give those on the existing fringes with a very large dish a little bit of hope. Don´t forget the larger the dish the more tightly focused it has to be on the particular satellite (not location) you wish to receive. I will re-align my dish if I lose any channels that are of particular interest after everything has settled down. If after trying to re align I can´t get those channels so be it.
 
Can someone check 11141H now? I think this is another signal from Astra 2F,but I haven't enough power to lock it
1 minute later it's gone...
 
Can someone check 11141H now? I think this is another signal from Astra 2F,but I haven't enough power to lock it
1 minute later it's gone...

11141H? - thats not an active frequency with proper channels atm
 
something is there but must wait
 

Attachments

  • 11142 H.webp
    11142 H.webp
    69.1 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top