Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a nice report from the Canaries which partly contradicts the theory of an elliptical footprint with a complete signal drop off on the west
 
it says 'AS-2700' on the back - bought it from the robbing barstewards as a 3m - want a discount now!!

-http://www.laminas.com.pl/english/as-2700en.htm

Many shops sell dishes with their bigger diameter instead of telling the truth.
 
so - as far as the signal reports go - do I say 300cm or 270cm ??
 
maybe 2.7metter the gain signal like 3 meter it ofset parabolic
 
why isn't the paneuropean beam tested yet? the majority of channels should be broadcast from that,unless ses and sky have changed plans.
For the PSB channels there are many other ways to watch them for those who cannot get the signal
no making more power for SCOTLAND which is in the catchment area ...
 
andrewcrawford
I didnt know the box so cant comment, but one teh sd channels move over on stand config then we will be able to give better idea what is needed but anything i suggest i adivse everyone not to go out and buy a new dish until we can confirm it with someoen who might already have one

Hallo again!

My Ipbox 9000HD act as an old horse(its own mind). I loved the first one, and I bought this second hand, as new ònes was not at sale in Norway anymore. For the moment I was waiting for a new box with as good or better picture quality.

When I marked QPSK 11720H, it changed to 8PSK, and as the fool I was, I did not change back. I belived the right setting was in the box even though I had data from Kingofsat.
The box has to go because its not reliable any more with too many errors. (11720H: L=84% Q=99-100%)

I am sorry for the trouble.

A good advice what too buy satellite meter?

Regards
Ask
 
Astra 2A 11720H quality 90%
Astra 2F 11023H quality 60%
Astra 2D used to be 90% on a clear day - and was almost never out due to normal rain.

My readings are:

Astra 2A 11720H quality 70% (strength 85%)
Astra 2F 11023H quality 0% (strength 0%)
Astra 2D used to be peak at 85% on strong transponders, 70% on weaker ones on a clear day.

I'm pretty sure my dish has come out of alignment during several storms, but 1N is so strong it's not been a problem.
Am awaiting the result (if any!) of more transponders coming online on 2F, but it does look like an increase in dish size. Going up to 100 or 120cm wouldn't present a problem.
 
What size and make or dish do you have as no one else in Canary Islands can get it to even lock. Tested with a 3.7 meter and 3.5 meter.

Where these dishes adjusted for Astra 2F or were the adjusted for some other satellite?

It could be with a bit of a tweek you could get 2F.

Edit: oops all this discussion about Tenerife should go here ...

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/topic/156865-astra-2f-canaries-discussion/

Terry
 
Oldfart, I have this dish (as well as a 3m prime focus). Strictly its 2.7m.

I will tweak my dishes onto 2F when all the channels have moved and 1n and possibly 2D have been moved from 28.2 and 2F is in its final resting place.

Glad to see there is some hope especially as I am closer to UK than you.
 
Oldfart, you need to put your findings on the 2F canaries reception thread (especially after Analoguesats comment!!!!!!!!).
 
can you post what ´d´channels you get a picture and and ask OLD FART to do the same i have a idea ....
what frequencies/channels would you like a report on??
 
Oldfart, I have this dish (as well as a 3m prime focus). Strictly its 2.7m.

I will tweak my dishes onto 2F when all the channels have moved and 1n and possibly 2D have been moved from 28.2 and 2F is in its final resting place.

Glad to see there is some hope especially as I am closer to UK than you.
Remember that back in the 2D days a 3m prime focus dish was the dish of choice (and we only received horizontal TPs) the only other dish widely used was a 2.4m Channel Master. Oldfart's report gives a glimmer of hope we might at least return to that situation if not full UK spot beam reception.
 
can't ..its locked!!

The regional threads will be opened once 2F has a few more tp's lit up and it starts to affect more folks. :)

Hopefully having dedicated threads will mean the data is easy to find and doesnt get swamped in info from all over Europe.
 
might have to change username to oldfart-with-a-5m-dish :-rub
 
In the north west of Spain, near Lugo 150cm PF dish with Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB feeding a Humax Foxsat HDR. 11023H 23000 DVB-S2 8PSK.
Getting no signal, getting worried! Next move: Blind scan with Skybox F3. Will report back
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top