Astra 2F: European Beam Transfers Starting?

timo_w2s

Retired moderator
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo 4K SE
Dr.HD F15
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I've lost a load of north beam channels this morning on my 80cm dish in Helsinki. Either there is a fault or they are starting to move transponders now. Will list the changes when I get to the laptop.
 
Interesting.

Let's also see if others in different locations have noticed anything significant.
 
So far the one change i noticed this morning is a considerable reduction of signal on 12207V (Sky News)
 
Mmmmm

Lost channels here too
Watch HD
Dave HD
Comedy Central HD
Syfy HD
Sky sports 3HD
Sky Sports News HD
F1 HD
Sky Sports 2
Sky Sports 4
Sky sports news
Discovery HD

And more
 
[warning]Ok, then: I've added a Tag to this Thread so that the "Reports by Region" Threads are easily findable if you scroll to the bottom of the page.

General remarks here, please, and any quantified signal reports to the Regional Threads so Analoguesat can pick them up and chart them.[/warning]
 
Here are the north beams I'm missing:
12.070GHz/H
12.090GHz/V
12.148GHz/H
12.168GHz/V
12.226GHz/H
12.324GHz/V

South beams are harder for me to tell as they where very weak anyway for me but it looks like these might have moved:
12.188GHz/H
12.207GHz/V
12.266GHz/H
12.363GHz/V
 
solly said:
it move to 2f ?
Yes, looks like it.

Can anyone confirm if they are moving to European beam as I just spoke to my mum and she's lost the above transponders on a 1.8m in Helsinki, which is not good! With a bit of luck we might get a tiny bit of signal in the evenings.
 
If they have moved to the 2F pan European beam the I would expect to still receive them here as the official footprint shows good coverage for The Canaries. If these have moved to 2F then must be the Spot beam or The pan euro footprint isn't as published???
 
trigger said:
If they have moved to the 2F pan European beam the I would expect to still receive them here as the official footprint shows good coverage for The Canaries. If these have moved to 2F then must be the Spot beam or The pan euro footprint isn't as published???
Actually, if iceman in Cyprus is getting something from 12207V still then it must be on the Euro beam?
 
I have lost the following channels!

Channel 5HD
Dave HD
Watch HD
Gold
Comedy Central HD
Pick TV and +1
Sky News SD
Discovery HD
Sky Sports 3 HD
Sky Sports News HD
F1
Animal Planet HD
Nat Geo HD
Eden HD

Possibly more.
 
timo_w2s said:
Actually, if iceman in Cyprus is getting something from 12207V still then it must be on the Euro beam?
12207V is seems to be OK on 4.2m dish in Cyprus...
 
Astra 1N Pan Euro 1 doesn't cover The Canaries very well, but surely they are not using that??
 
I noticed my SKY HD box was in standby this morning but the channels above are still ok here...but they would be as I am well within the footprint for the PE beam.......
 
My guess is they have all gone to 2F UK Beam as we can't get them on a 3 Meter here in Tenerife, Some are sort of working but breaking up and we get channel 5 with the same degree of loss ie works in morning later breaks up and un watchable.
 
Same here, sky news not working on sky box and picture breaks up on the technisat box. (Tenerife)
 
Well if thats the case Sky will lose a lot of customers. Are you sure the Skysports channels have gone in Tenerife daztfs and Wiglet??? Actually the Sky news channel sd is showing a 10 % loss in SQ on the sky box here in Frankfurt
 
Back
Top