Astra 2F: European Beam Transfers Starting?

welshman234 said:
back to our fellow contributor in Rome I am a bit bemused as to why 12012v has gone- either of the PE beams on 1N should be receivable on a 60cm dish according to the official SES 1N footprint...... and the published PE footprnt for Astra 2f on about a 75 cm dish should be receivable too
I suspect it's gone from 2B to 2A which has a slightly different footprint over Italy according to some maps. It's certainly not on 2F or 1N PE1.
 
timo_w2s said:
What I mean is do you have better reception on 2A North or 2B North or are they as bad as each other? As far as I can see 12012V is still on a north beam as it is still very strong here in Finland whereas the other reception transfers to 2F/1N have gone completely, so I think 12012V might have just moved from one old satellite to another. Perhaps they are trying to empty one of the old satellites ready to move it.
2A north was always problematic, I used to lose signal in the early morning and also late at night. The transponder with Disney XD HD, 11758, H, is currently black. The one with Eurosport, 11856, V is breaking up.
2B North was never a real problem except in very bad weather.
 
denis1501 said:
2A north was always problematic, I used to lose signal in the early morning and also late at night. The transponder with Disney XD HD, 11758, H, is currently black. The one with Eurosport, 11856, V is breaking up.
2B North was never a real problem except in very bad weather.
Thanks for that, I think it's reasonably safe to say 12012V is now on 2A.
 
timo_w2s said:
Thanks for that, I think it's reasonably safe to say 12012V is now on 2A.
It seems strange that they would begin moving stuff off of 2A but bring 12012 on there......but I hope you're right!
If you are then I will get signal back later on today so we'll know for sure then.
 
I think they are emptying 2B, 2A is still pretty full.
 
So why move 12168, V??? And bring on 12012, V???? Doesn't make any sense.
 
It looks like they are moving a whole block of frequencies. 2A and 2B where a bit mixed up but it looks like they are trying to organise it now. Perhaps 1N PE1 only works in the higher frequency range? At the moment almost all frequencies from 12.070GHz to 12.363GHz have now moved off 2B/2A to the new beam. I suspect the remaining ones in this range will go in the next few days too.
 
Sky Sports F1 SD gone this morning. Having lost the HD version yesterday and the SD still available I really thought we were going to be ok. Not to be, that signals a sub cancellation for me all the £65's per month are going to start adding up for Sky, absolute bastards.
 
12110 h -- Gone here
Others are S2 and that seems to be a theme.
They seem to be moving the Sky Sports and FTA PickTV and Sky News TP's as well as HD sports and movies TPs. I suspect it's now purposeful to stop the pirating of football under rules by the premier leauge

Possibly related along the same lines of hxxp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2265162/Nick-Harris-Piracy-fear-forces-Premier-League-black-Albania.html
 
iandoh said:
12110 h -- Gone here
Others are S2 and that seems to be a theme.
They seem to be moving the Sky Sports and FTA PickTV and Sky News TP's as well as HD sports and movies TPs. I suspect it's now purposeful to stop the pirating of football under rules by the premier leauge

Possibly related along the same lines of hxxp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2265162/Nick-Harris-Piracy-fear-forces-Premier-League-black-Albania.html
They are still all on a European beam, just not as wide as it was before so we're missing out in the east and far south. This is all part of SES's plan to renew the satellite fleet at 28E and nothing to do with Sky.
 
timo_w2s said:
They are still all on a European beam, just not as wide as it was before so we're missing out in the east and far south. This is all part of SES's plan to renew the satellite fleet at 28E and nothing to do with Sky.
Not where I was going, the piracy of football is high in Eastern Europe. Now Albania aren't allowed to buy it they possibly want to make it harder to pick up from other sources. I just find it strange that it's nearly all sports channels.
 
so let me try to understand this...the speculation that the move is to 1n pe, as opposed to 2f pe is because certain parts of spain cannot receive them?

having looked at the maps here: flysat.com/astra28-beam.php , comparing 1n pe1 and 2f pe, the only significant difference i see is that southern sidelobe...is that why you think its 1n pe1?
 
the astra 1n pe beam 1 much lower then astra 2a north and south beam here in israel
the repception 2.2 to 2.8 c/n at morning 11-13 % large dish still no lock it
 
tothbros said:
so let me try to understand this...the speculation that the move is to 1n pe, as opposed to 2f pe is because certain parts of spain cannot receive them?

having looked at the maps here: flysat.com/astra28-beam.php , comparing 1n pe1 and 2f pe, the only significant difference i see is that southern sidelobe...is that why you think its 1n pe1?
The 1N PE1 beam doesn't have a lobe over the Canary Islands. And where from Spain do the no signal reports come form?...
 
12012, V, gone here this morning, no signal!Sky Family HDSky Thriller HDMGM HDSky Premiere HD
I am now receiving these channels on my 2.4m Channel Master in Gran Canaria. We could not previously receive them. Will try to find out if small dishes are getting them here. If so then it is either 2A south or 2F pan-Europe.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
 
As an unaffected but nevertheless interested observer, I'm getting dizzy on the merry-go-round.

White coats on standby.
 
12012, V is back here, signal low, looks like it has indeed moved to 2A north beam. Good call timo!
 
Funny how people are talking about wanting to receive their homeland stuff that is so easily available to me here in UK, whereas I want to receive things from my home country (Russia), but generally can't...
 
BLUEPLATINUM said:
I am now receiving these channels on my 2.4m Channel Master in Gran Canaria. We could not previously receive them. Will try to find out if small dishes are getting them here. If so then it is either 2A south or 2F pan-Europe. Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Yes. (See Canaries thread)
 
Captain Jack said:
Funny how people are talking about wanting to receive their homeland stuff that is so easily available to me here in UK, whereas I want to receive things from my home country (Russia), but generally can't...
Just as a matter of interest, is it signal strength or elevation that's the main issue? Or just a question of C-band :) ?
 
Back
Top