Astra 2F: European Beam Transfers Starting?

falk said:
If I compare the footprints of 2F Europe and 1N PE1 in your location, I cannot see the reason, why the transponders shouldn`t be moved to 2F.
Sorry, I was wrong, of course those channels moved to Astra 2F
 
RimaNTSS said:
Sorry, I was wrong, of course those channels moved to Astra 2F
... or to Astra 1N PE1. We cannot be sure yet :-)
 
It has been reported at this thread http://goo.gl/hfQQc that a user in Corralejo (Lanzarote) is receiving 12012 V with a 1.25 m dish. This may suggest that last nights changes were to either 2A Europe SOUTH or 2F Pan-European as I do not think 2A Europe North can be received there with a 1.25 m dish (please correct me if I am wrong).
 
BLUEPLATINUM said:
It has been reported at this thread http://goo.gl/hfQQc that a user in Corralejo (Lanzarote) is receiving 12012 V with a 1.25 m dish. This may suggest that last nights changes were to either 2A Europe SOUTH or 2F Pan-European as I do not think 2A Europe North can be received there with a 1.25 m dish (please correct me if I am wrong).
2A South and 2F Pan-Europe would be receivable in Rome and 12012V isn't according to denis1501.
 
BLUEPLATINUM said:
It has been reported at this thread http://goo.gl/hfQQc that a user in Corralejo (Lanzarote) is receiving 12012 V with a 1.25 m dish. This may suggest that last nights changes were to either 2A Europe SOUTH or 2F Pan-European as I do not think 2A Europe North can be received there with a 1.25 m dish (please correct me if I am wrong).
I'm picking up 12012V on an 80cm dish in Helsinki with similar strength as other 2A/2B north beam transponders. I cannot pick up the other transponders that have recently moved.
 
12012V seems to be the odd one out. after reading denis1501's comment #147, it looks like 2A north.

all the other moved tp's seem to be on 1N having read the spanish (canaries) reports
 
Did SES not state that 2F was planned to take over the 2B transponders so that 2B could move to 19.2E?
 
I still wonder how can someone tell whether the frequencies were moved to Astra 2F or to 1N. If somebody can elaborate on that I would be grateful...
 
strs65 said:
I still wonder how can someone tell whether the frequencies were moved to Astra 2F or to 1N...
its all speculation, but by looking at the footprints and the current reception reports, especially in the canaries: they lost the moved channels, while according the 2F PE footprint, they should be able to receive them, ergo our best guess is 1N PE
 
Right on cue here 12012 V is starting to break up again....3 and a half hours only with signal!
Also breaking up are 11758, H and 11856, V as they do every night at this time. And they're on 2A North.
 
denis1501 said:
Right on cue here 12012 V is starting to break up again....3 and a half hours only with signal!
Also breaking up are 11758, H and 11856, V as they do every night at this time. And they're on 2A North.
Funnily enough, this is the same time when Astra 2A south beams start getting stronger here in Finland. By about midnight local time I've got them all on my 80cm for several hours.
 
tothbros said:
its all speculation, but by looking at the footprints and the current reception reports, especially in the canaries: they lost the moved channels, while according the 2F PE footprint, they should be able to receive them, ergo our best guess is 1N PE
Yep, that's why I think it's 1N PE rather than 2F. Of course it could be 2F and they forgot to add the side lobe over the Canaries, but it seems more likely that it's 1N PE.
 
It has been reported at this thread http://goo.gl/hfQQc]http://goo.gl/hfQQc[/url] that a user in Corralejo (Lanzarote) is receiving 12012 V with a 1.25 m dish. This may suggest that last nights changes were to either 2A Europe SOUTH or 2F Pan-European as I do not think 2A Europe North can be received there with a 1.25 m dish (please correct me if I am wrong).
Fuerteventura not Lanzarote BP
 
solly said:
11758, H and 11856, will be move to 1n ?
I sure hope so solly!
 
According to _www.ses.com/7543799/SES_fleet_map.pdf in 2015 SES plan to have Astra 2A at 28.2E and Astra 2B will have moved to 19.2E. This could explain why they are emptying 2B at the moment.
 
Why would they move transponders to 1N in preference to 2F when 1N is planned to move to 19.2E. Seems more logical to move them to 2F unless they were planned to be on 2E., unless 2F is only going to have "C" band which I would have thought unlikely. The beam shape was SES was only an estimated, maybe the real shape is nearer to 1N PE1.
 
Almost all official footprints are drawn a bit narrower than the actual beams.
 
12012V is not as strong as some of the other tps that have changed , I get SNR 56% here in Madrid ( some that have changed are 100% SNR) . I was on the limit here for 2A north for 12.5GHz ( 35-42% SNR ) . The extra strenght i see could be a) it is not on Astra 2A north or b) For the frequences i had logged on 2A north my setup is more " deaf ". To me it seems logical to assume that there was some form of " juggling " and not a wholesale shift if 12012v has moved as it is nowhere near as strong as some of the other TPS that we believe moved.
 
Back
Top