Astra 2F: European Beam Transfers Starting?

C0re said:
Lets get this rumour over with once and for all
It's not a rumour, it is fact. There were 3 reports of activity in band D during testing. Most likely they were bogeys, as they were uncorroborated, but still very real for the people that registered them. All the others mentioned in the list I posted above were confirmed from multiple locations.
 
kota said:
Huevos ... I'm getting this in Lisbon with the same size dish as yours ... care to comment ??
Pretty much the same as my result then? How do those compare to 1N levels? Typical 1N for me is SNR 95%. Anyway if you're receiving it we can rule out 2F spot.
 
Here you go ...
 

Attachments

  • screenshot.webp
    screenshot.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 150
kota said:
Here you go ...
What frequency is that on? I thought Granada HD was on 10994H (2F spot).
 
10934 but it's locked on cateye's settings ... never bother to unlock it :-)
 
Huevos said:
SD -> 12207V. There is no way this is on 2A. Compare to a typical 2A transponder (11778V -> EPG Background Audio).

11778V -> SNR = 41%
attachicon.gif
11778V.jpg

12207V -> SNR = 81%
attachicon.gif
12207V.jpg

Values using a 1.8m PF dish.
11778V SNR 1.5M 55% ( Astra 2A North )

12207V Madrid 1.2m motorized , SNR 74%
12027V Madrid 1.5M Deaf LNB SNR 82% ( my 1.5m dish has a duff LNB on it which is progressively peaking in deafness at 12.3Ghz ..) This is not Astra 2A North.
 
the tp 2 11739v it move from astra 2b to astra 2a ?
signal here 10.2 c.n litel down
 
This morning, In Potenza (Southern Italy), with a Prodelin prime focus dish 11Ft (3.34 m) I am able to receive all satellites at 28E. Starting from the best position for Astra2F (11023 H, 8,8 dB ) I had to route the dish towards West to catch the maximum signal at 12480V . Doing so I passed the best position for Astra1N, The variation for 12480V was from 9.5 dB (position Astra2F) and 10.2 dB (Astra1N) to 13.0 dB (best position for 1240V). So I can affirm that 12480V is not on either Astra2F or Astra1N.

Coviello
 
Astra always problem in Istanbul all the time. Their coverage never cover to Turkey.
I hope Eutelsat will have new contracts with BSKYB.
 
Di Trana said:
This morning, In Potenza (Southern Italy), with a Prodelin prime focus dish 11Ft (3.34 m) I am able to receive all satellites at 28E. Starting from the best position for Astra2F (11023 H, 8,8 dB ) I had to route the dish towards West to catch the maximum signal at 12480V . Doing so I passed the best position for Astra1N, The variation for 12480V was from 9.5 dB (position Astra2F) and 10.2 dB (Astra1N) to 13.0 dB (best position for 1240V). So I can affirm that 12480V is not on either Astra2F or Astra1N.

Coviello
This is interesting to me in the sense that you feel you can focus on each sattelite despite their same orbital slot on the belt. My installer told me something similar that he could see that he could focus for 2F and 1N as the dish position was different ,, the difference only being leaning on the dish with a finger .. but he was adament he could see a difference on the analyzer.. i thought it was a bit unlikely to be true.
 
AHMET_YILDIRIM said:
Astra always problem in Istanbul all the time. Their coverage never cover to Turkey.
I hope Eutelsat will have new contracts with BSKYB.
If SES get their way Eutelsat will have drastically reduced coverage from 28E next year - Eutelsat will only have 11200-11450 MHz with SES taking over 12500 upwards
 
Fingers crossed they dont , since a monopoly is never a good thing...
 
davidcmadrid said:
My installer told me something similar that he could see that he could focus for 2F and 1N as the dish position was different ,, the difference only being leaning on the dish with a finger .. but he was adament he could see a difference on the analyzer.. i thought it was a bit unlikely to be true.
It's not true, at least not with a 1.5m dish. You can see Eutelsat 28A and the Astra satellites are not in the same place but Astra 1N and Astra 2F are only 0.03º apart. What you do see though is best signal to noise is in slightly different directions. But this is not due to the satellites being in different positions, but that 1N signals suffer from interference from Badr5, while 2F signals don't.
 
Huevos said:
Astra 1N and Astra 2F are only 0.03º apart. What you do see though is best signal to noise is in slightly different directions. But this is not due to the satellites being in different positions, but that 1N signals suffer from interference from Badr5, while 2F signals don't.
From n2yo, Astra 1N is at 28.2 E in this moment and 2F is at 28.32 E, 0.12º apart . It's a big difference if you are in a fringe area. Here it's very easy to spot the difference of position of the 2 sattelites with a 3m dish . Even with a smaller dish should be possible to spot the difference.
 
I guess its also possible the difference was a little bigger on the day of install. The dish size in the target area i guess is less capable of seeing this difference and in any case would be drenched in signal.
 
DX Excalibur said:
From n2yo, Astra 1N is at 28.2 E in this moment and 2F is at 28.32 E, 0.12º apart . It's a big difference if you are in a fringe area. Here it's very easy to spot the difference of position of the 2 sattelites with a 3m dish . Even with a smaller dish should be possible to spot the difference.
As I understand it that isn't exactly realtime - the exact positions on that site are a best guess and should be taken with a pinch of salt. I stand open to correction!
 
davidcmadrid said:
The dish size in the target area i guess is less capable of seeing this difference and in any case would be drenched in signal.
You would need a very big dish to show it. In the target area they are all minidishes. I have aligned hundreds of dishes in the 1.8-2.4m range with a pro-level meter and I can assure you that even at this dish size 0.1º is of zero consequence. In the case of a 1.8m dish the 0.25dB contour is 0.3º wide. Also on a 1.8m dish 0.1º equates to moving the rim of the dish 1.5mm. What this guy sees when he presses the rim of the dish is the effects of distortion, not a change in alignment.
 
hairybadger said:
As I understand it that isn't exactly realtime - the exact positions on that site are a best guess and should be taken with a pinch of salt. I stand open to correction!
Nothing to correct about what you said. But that doesn't make TLE-based predicted positions (n2yo etc.) totally useless.
Just keep in mind, the predictions are wrong after the satellite has made a manoevre (and we don't know when that happens).
Jens T Satre recently started creating all sorts of tables and diagrams based on TLE data.
One is made especially for the Astra constellation at 28.2 East:
http://www.satellite-calculations.com/Satellite/satellitemotion_28_2E.php
The first diagram shows the expected positions for the next 24 hours.
 
Back
Top