Astra 2F: European Beam Transfers Starting?

The 1N PE1 and 1N PE2 maps:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:44919]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:44920]
 
You can also do the same for the 1.8m report in Helsinki where the is no signal , you might expect " something " there if it were 1nPE1 ? Again 2F is the further beam. Though not by as much. Reports from the fringes of both beams are the most valuable here , which shakes out any anomolies , im an anomoly on the 2f UK spot , i reckon as things stand i could get it here in MAdrid on a 90cm dish!
 
If I go by the recent reception reports than 12207V is most likely on the Astra 1N PE#1 beam.
 
Br492 said:
It is so strange ,I am at western Greece some hundreds km from Chania and with my 1,25x1,40 dish I have healthy 13 dB signal at 12207V Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As the crow flies you are not so far from the offocial footprint of 2F though, some 200kms perhaps.
 
C0re said:
The 1N PE1 and 1N PE2 maps:
What beam do you suggest for 11005V and 11185V, considering they are visible on the Canaries scan but not from Greece.
 
Oh bugger - that screws up the map doesnt it :-rofl2 Let me have a think about how we can make the map a useful tool.. Will probably have to start again anyway!
 
davidcmadrid said:
Im referring to Analoguesats report here
Well you can add me to that. Alicante on Fibo 90, easy catch (12207).
 
Huevos said:
What beam do you suggest for 11005V and 11185V, considering they are visible on the Canaries scan but not from Greece.
Like I said in an earlier post I believe that's 1N PE2 because that beam officially only covers the northern ad north-eastern part of Greece. 1N PE1 covers Atnhens and Peleponnese as well but doesn't cover the far North-east (Thrace). Both beams don't cover Crete.
 
@Analoguesat, 12207V and 12110H would seem to be on the same beam so if we just use those we can map that beam and name it accordingly when the source become apparent. TBH, we might have to wait for 1N to move to know for sure.
 
Huevos said:
@Analoguesat, 12207V and 12110H would seem to be on the same beam so if we just use those we can map that beam and name it accordingly when the source become apparent. TBH, we might have to wait for 1N to move to know for sure.
Okey dokey.

have we got ANYTHING we firmly believe to be on the 2F beam yet - I can start a seperate map for that one!
 
Br492 said:
It is so strange ,I am at western Greece some hundreds km from Chania and with my 1,25x1,40 dish I have healthy 13 dB signal at 12207V Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I also get 12207V at Chania, although the signal is quite low (doesn't go up from 5.5dB). I guess 'paul gouves' (who doesn't receive this frequency at all) is from Gouves, east of Heraklion, some 130km from here, enough distance to make a substantial difference...
 
C0re said:
Like I said in an earlier post I believe that's 1N PE2 because that beam officially only covers the northern ad north-eastern part of Greece. 1N PE1 covers Atnhens and Peleponnese as well but doesn't cover the far North-east (Thrace). Both beams don't cover Crete.

I also believe that those two frequencies are on 1N, PE1. As far as I remember (at least) 11005V was active even before the 2F launch...
 
Analoguesat said:
Okey dokey.

have we got ANYTHING we firmly believe to be on the 2F beam yet - I can start a seperate map for that one!
I thought 12207 was the 2F beam a per my posts above , i suggest labelling it so untill we get more reports to suggest its not. The reality seems to be that no single beam fully fits what you have mapped so far ?
 
<blockquote data-author="strs65" data-cid="832867" data-time="1359653798">
I also get 12207V at Chania, although the signal is quite low (doesn't go up from 5.5dB). I guess 'paul gouves' (who doesn't receive this frequency at all) is from Gouves, east of Heraklion, some 130km from here, enough distance to make a substantial difference
</blockquote>
That backs up my assumption. Chania is much closer to the 1N PE1 90-120cm zone.

It can't be the 2F European Beam because it covers the Canary Islands and the 90-120cm zone is much futher away from Chania, unless the official footprint is blatantly wrong. But that's most unlikely.
 
strs65 said:
I also get 12207V at Chania, although the signal is quite low (doesn't go up from 5.5dB). I guess 'paul gouves' (who doesn't receive this frequency at all) is from Gouves, east of Heraklion, some 130km from here, enough distance to make a substantial difference...
Is this your report ?

Do you not think you should be getting that a bit stronger ?

"
Chania

1.1m dish

Inverto Black Ultra

Signals in good weather only - no rain fade margin at all.

"
 
Huevos said:
What beam do you suggest for 11005V and 11185V, considering they are visible on the Canaries scan but not from Greece.
And I can get them in Helsinki on the 1.8m although not too strong.
 
davidcmadrid said:
Is this your report ?

Do you not think you should be getting that a bit stronger ?

"
Chania

1.1m dish

Inverto Black Ultra

Signals in good weather only - no rain fade margin at all.

"
Yes, that was what Analoguesat wrote on the map based on my report from Monday, when it was raining here.
 
timo_w2s said:
And I can get them in Helsinki on the 1.8m although not too strong.
1N PE#2 officially covers Helsinki but 1N PE#1 doesn't.
 
Hi

With gebertini 140 m no signal in 12207 v in HERAKLION CRETE .
 
C0re said:
1N PE#2 officially covers Helsinki but 1N PE#1 doesn't.
Yep, but it does seem rather weak. Parts of the day it's hardly holding a lock with a sensitive receiver and a decent 1.8m dish that used to get the 2D verticals. If it was 1N PE2 I would have excepted the signal to be a little more stable rather than fade out in a 24 hour cycle like you get on the fringes.
 
Back
Top