4.2 m gets it all, or in better words ,has not lost anything.But some work needs to be done to the dish,the same work which got us BBC and ITV back (before they moved to 1N). A customer in Paphos also reports no loss on his 3.8m .This dish has been moved twice and was modified in Limassol for BBC before we moved it to Paphos. I was in Pissouri (between Limassol and Pahos) today to check one of my 3m installs after reports of channel loss. After clearing the cobweb and adjusting the dish a bit I got it all back except 12.207 V (Sky News,sky2). But then I went to a 3m dish in Apsiou village in the lower mountains north of Limassol and 12.207 V was working fine, because the dish had already been "modified" over a year ago.The customer was complaining of loss of 12.207V and 12.152H (Sky sports news SD) morning and after 11pm but my battery went dead on my Satlook after 5 minutes before I could do anything.souroull said:where's zorba or iceman? we need a 4.2m report from Cyprus!![]()
thanks for the input, thats the best news i've heard all weekZorba said:4.2 m gets it all, or in better words ,has not lost anything.But some work needs to be done to the dish,the same work which got us BBC and ITV back (before they moved to 1N). A customer in Paphos also reports no loss on his 3.8m .This dish has been moved twice and was modified in Limassol for BBC before we moved it to Paphos. I was in Pissouri (between Limassol and Pahos) today to check one of my 3m installs after reports of channel loss. After clearing the cobweb and adjusting the dish a bit I got it all back except 12.207 V (Sky News,sky2). But then I went to a 3m dish in Apsiou village in the lower mountains north of Limassol and 12.207 V was working fine, because the dish had already been "modified" over a year ago.The customer was complaining of loss of 12.207V and 12.152H (Sky sports news SD) morning and after 11pm but my battery went dead on my Satlook after 5 minutes before I could do anything.
Are you still looking for a big dish

I would be very interested to hear about these modifications also, along with lots of others, I suspect.Captain Jack said:What are the modifications that you do?
sent me one pm where you are in gouves paul .paul gouves said:we're talking about 160km I'll have to do some more tweaking or get a new lnb.
patches for sidelobe rejection? Am intriguedZorba said:I have a couple of people call me offering to sell me their 3m dishes in Limassol, which is what I would recommend. The modification is putting strategically placed patches on the dish ( pat.pending :-) ). Other members laughed when I first mentioned this but it really works.

sorry can't pm, but I'm just outside Kato Gouves to the East, in the olive groves.vladan10 said:sent me one pm where you are in gouves paul .
I have a couple of people call me offering to sell me their 3m dishes in Limassol, which is what I would recommend. The modification is putting strategically placed patches on the dish ( pat.pending :-) ). Other members laughed when I first mentioned this but it really works.
I have a couple of people call me offering to sell me their 3m dishes in Limassol, which is what I would recommend. The modification is putting strategically placed patches on the dish ( pat.pending :-) ). Other members laughed when I first mentioned this but it really works.