Astra 2F Testing Reception Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work, Connum - but as a (very welcome) newly Registered Member, PM facilities aren't yet available.
Soon ..............!

Alright, you'll also find my mail address on the page linked at the bottom of the foldout menu, if you need (or just feel ;-)) to contact me!
 
unbelievable... in front of some hours i could receive only very poor peaks (look at page 10)

and now ? there are two highest peaks, i´ve ever seen on this test position. I could believe the beam is centered direct onto my house :-D

_http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/435ebigsignalqlv94eawt0.png

12401V: -17dBm !
12460H: -18dBm !

Weather conditions couldn´t be better: clear sky with lightning stars and temperature about 5°C
 
This is the spectrum made using a new software called Satspectr -http://www.sat-fishers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4273
Thanks to the author !View attachment 49638

I know it is a wild guess, but I think those two strong peaks could be the easterly shifted spotbeam, while the other two are the PE beam.
Would be interesting to see a spectrum made in western Poland.
 
Compared to yesterday morning, no big changes here: 12401 remains strongest by far with -34 dBm, the other 5 peaks are around -43 dBm.
 
That's what I have in Kiev from 43.5E on 1.1m
Yesterday I didn't receive any signals from 12401 & 12460...
_http://s47.radikal.ru/i118/1210/9b/eff77039173a.jpg
 
Interesting... situation is exactly opposite in Kiew... on the -now- eastern side of the spotbeam ;)
IF my guess is right and the spot is 15° to the east, that would be quite a drop off...
 
I could believe the beam is centered direct onto my house
Maybe, or maybe they just turned up the power on those two transponders just as they did on 12185 a couple of days ago. Either way it is still just a guessing game until the satellite is moved to 28E and broadcast transponders start sending at full power from that slot.
 
Huevos, how are you receiving 12401V and 12460H, still within the noise? Just looked at where Schoningen is located in Germany and I reckon it's an educated guess that is close to the centre of the UK spot if it's skewed eastwards?

Unfortunately I can't lash a dish up at 43.5E as there's a big conifer tree in the way in my back garden and getting up on the roof to mount something is impractical too as there's no available space!
 
Huevos, how are you receiving 12401V and 12460H, still within the noise?
I couldn't say, I'm in London at the minute, but looking at the printout it is a good 25dB up from where it was a couple of days ago, so I doubt I'd have any problem receiving it. The question is what dish size though, something we will only know for sure once it is at 28E and carrying full power, modulated transponders.
 
on 2.4m cant view 12460h
only 3.5m i recever very weak signal with noise white poind
36% signal it look weak signal like north beam on 2a
 

Attachments

  • 20121016_045225.webp
    20121016_045225.webp
    98.5 KB · Views: 60
Today they do some tests
The power of test signals is changing very often
 
With all the expats, I can't believe I'm the only one to have posted any sort of reception report from Spain. Is no one else interested?
 
TENERIFE . aint got a dish at 43 so cant do much but wait for BBC radios to go off ....then the panic sets in

WHAT NO EASTENDERS when its 26c and no vat !!!
 
cant do much but wait for BBC radios to go off ....then the panic sets in
I still can't believe there are no installers out there that are interested enough and have some proper test equipment available to do some investigating. To me it would seam their only interest in satellite must be how much money they can extract from their elderly customers.
 
Tuning into these tests is a specialist hobby. At the end of the day we will not know the real picture until the bird moves to 28.2E. This may explain why relatively few people are contributing at present.

At what point do people expect we will see some actual pictures?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
 
With all the expats, I can't believe I'm the only one to have posted any sort of reception report from Spain. Is no one else interested?
Hi Huevos - VERY INTERESTED and I would if I could but my dish is pretty well unmoveable and set at Astra2 at the moment - As soon as the new bird is squarking at its final resting place be sure I will be monitoring very hard - and reporting reception from here in Valencia - not too long now I hope!!!.
 
I still can't believe there are no installers out there that are interested enough and have some proper test equipment available to do some investigating. To me it would seam their only interest in satellite must be how much money they can extract from their elderly customers.

What use would that be until the bird is located at 28 other than fuelling speculation in this thread
 
With all the expats, I can't believe I'm the only one to have posted any sort of reception report from Spain. Is no one else interested?

Hi guys ,
i realy think is pointless to do any serious tests until the bird is in its final position ..the only thing i can say that costa blanca is boiling with speculation about UKTV...
 
TENERIFE . aint got a dish at 43 so cant do much but wait for BBC radios to go off ....then the panic sets in

WHAT NO EASTENDERS when its 26c and no vat !!!

Worse case scenario, you'll have to swing your dishes round to 27.5w.
 
I still can't believe there are no installers out there that are interested enough and have some proper test equipment available to do some investigating. To me it would seam their only interest in satellite must be how much money they can extract from their elderly customers.
sorry to bzy putting together my INTERNET TV package/running forum
ill wait till its at 28e
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top