Astra 2F Testing Reception Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to report after a blind scan....picked up a lot of overspill from 45°E that's all.
 
move the dish to 42e
lite east one step are you receiver signal
it not transmited allways
it pick signal 2 minute and down
 
I can get 12185H too - pretty strong, and that one really comes from "in between" 42 and 45 east ... probably PE beam.
 
I'm still at work missing all the fun, maybe there will be a nightshift...
Curious what frequency sub-bands are found now on 2F, with SES' new minimal-info policy, and Eutelsat dispute.
 
Anyone know what the symbol rate and FEC is on 12185v.

I've packed the Ariva up now so i have to make do with my Gigablue which is pretty much useless for doing blind scans on.

Nano
 
Anyone know what the symbol rate and FEC is on 12185v.
Without lock not possible. Maybe if someone has a tool that shows xPSK, SR and MER, provided it's PSK and the signal is strong enough ;)
ATM the signal is on and off (currently off), but it sure comes frome inbetween 42E and 45E :)
 
Some more information on Dosh who seems to have been the first to detect 2F lighting up. He is situated in Israel and uses a 2m dish. He is also claiming that it is the pan-Europen beam.
 
After seeing 12188V for hours, just saw 12169H and now 12188H.
Broad (transponder-wide) spectrum, and in crazyscan not a sign of constellation points, so locking is impossible.
 
It's still there? Not a trace of 12230 H.
 
Solly it's only 12188H now. Wide signal.

I think Pietclock made a mistake with 12230H since he doesn't reply.
For a moment I thought it was spot-beam on that frequency.
 
I can't confirm any other signal than said 12185H. Of course this frequency is not exactly measured (no lock) an can vary a bit.. ;)
 
So far the average frequencies reported fit the existing grid of Astra 2A/2B with a few MHz correction, I bet that won't change with Astra 2F.
But it's funny to actually see that 12188 can be switched to both H and V, a good way to compare the antenna performance on H and V polarization I guess!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top