BlindFaith
Specialist Contributor
- My Satellite Setup
- -
120cm Echostar and 70cm (2nd location)
TBS 5925
- My Location
- 52,0°N, 4,3°E and 52,5°N, 13,4°E
It is modulated. Otherwise you would see a thin line ;)So now we can expect some modulated signals?
It is modulated. Otherwise you would see a thin line ;)So now we can expect some modulated signals?
So now we can expect some modulated signals? Do they work over weekends I wonder.
True (smacks hands) I meant to say a signal with some decodable information. But modulated was shorter!It is modulated. Otherwise you would see a thin line ;)

There's a lot that's unusal about 2F!Its unusual to see broadcast signals off a testing bird. Hotbird 10 was lit up properly during testing but that one was the exception
Is 12460H still? What is a typical signal level for an active DVB-S transponder on your scale?Yes, that's a much stronger signal here
They certainly carried out testing with 1N on a Saturday but not a Sunday, maybe we will see testing every day this weekend if they want to get it through handover tests and in to service quickly.Do they work over weekends I wonder.
Is 12460H still? What is a typical signal level for an active DVB-S transponder on your scale?
I've had something on 12185H for the last 15 minutes. Well below the level required for digital lock on a DVB-S transponder though.


Thanks, but when was it active? Or is it still active?Aligning the dish on 43.5E pushes the 12460H signal above the 42E lockable signal, but of course I can't take a constellation reading to obtain the true dBm.
I can't see a thing on that frequency. And to be honest the one on 12185 is very weak too.
uk sport beam use low band no signal yet
On the new birds I think any frequency could be switched over to the spot beam
What are you using to get those frequencies? I've got them about 10 MHz further along the band.3 new carriers switched on:
12226H
12323V
12445V