Astra 2F Testing Reception Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ BlindFaith
Sure I also play with the direction a few tens of a degree, to minimize or distinguish interference from either Turksat or Intelsat.
But personally, I have little doubts about any of qwer's reporting!

@satesco
AFAIK, Intelsat 702 is still at 47.5 East, one must have a serious problem to catch this one when pointing at 43.5 East!
 
Amazingly, qwer just posted some Astra 2F frequencies in the ranges currently in use by Eutelsat: 12633H, 11464H and 11538V...
Meaning Astra 2F can probably handle all Ku-band frequencies!
_http://www.dishworld.de/thread.php?threadid=3557
Eutelsat's range is only for Europe. The West Africa beam transmits in Eutelsat's part of the band.

BTW, I too have faith in what qwer reports especially as he uses a 2.2m dish that can easily seperate those slots. Even with my 1.5m, when it is aligned on 43.5E I can't see anything on the spectrum from the adjacent slots.
 
Eutelsat's range is only for Europe. The West Africa beam transmits in Eutelsat's part of the band.

SES claims the Eutelsat's frequency band from 2013. They made a deal with the German company Media Broadcast the owner of the 28.2/28.5 slot. It's a court case now.

Also see:
_http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/topic/156286-ses-want-frequency-of-eutelsat/
_http://advanced-television.com/2012/10/08/satellite-dispute-could-be-catastrophic-for-uk-broadcasters/
 
Sorry guys, but just for those of us not as clued in on this testing business please can someone explain what phase of testing we are now in and what the subsequent phases should be before 2F will be deemed ready to be moved to 28.2E?

Thanks.

Well the tests are to see if everything is operating correctly - a few years ago Optus discovered that the New Zealand beam on their new bird had been wired to the wrong polarity!

Once the tech guys are happy with the performance 2F will be signed off as operational and moved to 28.2E in readiness for hopefully many years of service to the UK.
 
A new weak peak around 10964H, could be spot beam?
 

Attachments

  • 10964H.webp
    10964H.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 139
for my friends in the U.K.: a small spectrum picture of the actual receiving situation in my city near Brunswick, Germany


_http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/435evieler67lamhb0j.jpg
 
Yes 10964H still alive.
Other active peaks right now: 12188H, 12226H, 12246V, 12304H, 12324V, 12402V, 12460H.

Edit: gonzobaby I can't PM you, can you see 10964H or is Turksat 3A east beam too strong?
 
Thanks, but I see exactly that also when pointing to Turksat!
When I turn to 44 East, the 10964H really stays. Nobody in UK sees 10964H, where Turksat is not interfering?
 
@hvdh:

ok, you´re right. 10964H cames from the east beam from Turksat. It was my mistake not to look at the Turksat TP list !
 
Hi Gonzo, an interesting comparison if I scan the same portion of band as yours.
 

Attachments

  • 43.5E-RFScan1.webp
    43.5E-RFScan1.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 118
ok, of course you got more RF Signal, because you´re located in the UK.

With which antenna do you receive the signals ?
 
C'mon SES - put the Luxembourg test channels on one of the tp's so we can all have a look for 2F :D
 
@ BlindFaith
Sure I also play with the direction a few tens of a degree, to minimize or distinguish interference from either Turksat or Intelsat.
But personally, I have little doubts about any of qwer's reporting!
You should reconsider your blind faith in the web even if comes from @qwer ;) I guess nobody is talking about these carriers (including 10964H) anymore...
 
Very funny! It will take a few years to become BlindFaith in you though, considering you don't want to go further than "Europe" for your location!
 
There are good signs for eastern europeans that we're picking up Astra 2F even with 1.1 m dish,at least pan-european beam.In this period of tests i got signal from three transponders,some who have been posted here:12304 H,12324 V,12404 V.
 

Attachments

  • Astra 2F-12305 H.webp
    Astra 2F-12305 H.webp
    91.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Astra 2F-12324 V.webp
    Astra 2F-12324 V.webp
    99.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Astra 2F-12404 V.webp
    Astra 2F-12404 V.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top