Astra 2F Testing Reception Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
what size dish are you using in Kiev?
I'm using 1.1m Triax with Inverto Black Ultra LNB
When Astra 1N was tested I didn't receive any signal from PE1 beam or UK beam...
 
The 1N wasn't testing that far east. It tests were at 1.8 degrees East and that was almost straight at the UK.
 
I'm using 1.1m Triax with Inverto Black Ultra LNB
When Astra 1N was tested I didn't receive any signal from PE1 beam or UK beam...

Cheers. I got you and gonzobaby mixed up! It would be interesting to see footprints for the current location but guess that's all internal SES confidential stuff so will never see the light of day!
 
There are some reception reports on our local forum about ASTRA 2F
Test signals were received at 50.0N 39.0E, Voronej city, Russia
I don't know about dish size and LNB used
 
Hi All,

I heared from my friend in Istanbul that he get strong signal from

12226h - 11,4 db and
12247v - 7,4 db
We think they are on pan european beam.

He also get from 12304h - 6 db
and 12324v - 5,6db signal

On 12401v - 1,6-1,7 and 12460h -1,6db he gets very weak signal and we think they are on UK spot beam.

These are very good news for Istanbul.
 
Hi Ahmet

Are those transmissions modulated now? Otherwise how does your friend get those readings in dB?
 
besides that, please keep in mind the satellite is not at its final position, but 15.3 degrees to the east. Hence the beams are shifted to the east. The centre of the spotbeam should be in Western Poland right now...
 
besides that, please keep in mind the satellite is not at its final position, but 15.3 degrees to the east. Hence the beams are shifted to the east. The centre of the spotbeam should be in Western Poland right now...

true but it could also be pointing the other way, the uk spot is west wards so in thoery iceland can get it in it final postiion, but the reports i am deeing suggest the atennta might be pointing the other way ie east so although it might be the spot beam if it is pointin in a different direction (if it motor beam then it possible there moving it to) then this would through results out of wha tthe bem can do
 
Hi Ahmet

Are those transmissions modulated now? Otherwise how does your friend get those readings in dB?

Hi ,

The test was yesterday.
He used DM500 s with ADENINS SATFINDER PLUGIN. This plugin shows the signal as DB and it makes the signals bigger period on DM500's scale.
For example , if he gets 1,5-1,6 db from uk spot beam it means there is no signal.
if he gets between 1,7 to 2,4 db signal it mean still not logged.
if he gets 2,7 it mean. almost logged.

More than 2,7db mean you can get the signal clear. you should know than if you get more than 2,7db signal it will be reach 5db suddenly.



I hope it makes it clearly.
 
Ok thanks, I see!

I checked earlier today and I only see a small bump at 12225H (if I'm not wrong). Are there any reports from west/central Europe of what's happening today at 43.5?
 
all the signals are on now, but with very very low power in central Germany

_http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/435elowsignalv4n51yfmak.jpg
 
I'm receiving test signals too in Kiev
I notice that today 12401 & 12460 are more powerful than yesterday
_http://s52.radikal.ru/i138/1210/a5/0111acb97c3e.jpg
 
Yes, up again! There is also a rather wide but weaker bump at 12188H,
 

Attachments

  • 43.5E-RFScan.webp
    43.5E-RFScan.webp
    68 KB · Views: 91
Whilst reports from eastern europe and eastern mediterranean are interesting- The quite strong signals there appear to be an accident of the testing position..... I was wondering what people in more westerly positions ie Spain, Germany Scandinavia and France are receiving. Unfortunately I dont have the necessary equipment (or technical know how) at home to do my own testing in west germany..... and googling this hasnt brought much joy.....
 
Hey guys,
I created a little webapp to collect dish sizes for different locations as soon as 2F starts broadcasting from its destined position. Feel free to play around with it until then (I will delete all entries before 2F starts broadcasting and might do so if the map gets too jammed during the testing period ;)) and to tell me if any of the features is not working properly or if there's anything important missing. Just send me a private message, so we don't spam the topic with this! ;)



_http://constantinmedia.com/sat/DishSizeMaps/astra-2f/uk-spotbeam.html



[warning]Mod Note: Live Link disabled iaw Forum Rules[/warning]
 
signal 12305h 41% near 2.4m in israel
 

Attachments

  • 20121015_162633.webp
    20121015_162633.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 84
Hey guys,
I created a little webapp to collect dish sizes for different locations as soon as 2F starts broadcasting from its destined position. Feel free to play around with it until then (I will delete all entries before 2F starts broadcasting and might do so if the map gets too jammed during the testing period ;)) and to tell me if any of the features is not working properly or if there's anything important missing. Just send me a private message, so we don't spam the topic with this! ;)



_http://constantinmedia.com/sat/DishSizeMaps/astra-2f/uk-spotbeam.html



[warning]Mod Note: Live Link disabled iaw Forum Rules[/warning]


Good work, Connum - but as a (very welcome) newly Registered Member, PM facilities aren't yet available.
Soon ..............!
 
Hey guys,
I created a little webapp to collect dish sizes for different locations as soon as 2F starts broadcasting from its destined position Scandinavia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top