Astra 2F Testing Reception Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Solly.

I wonder if the Broadband aspect will present any potential benefit where I live ................. 720kbps is a tad slow!
 
I think the broadband Ka beam is for France (easier to put two LNBs on a dish for 19E TV/28E Internet)
 
The Ka is for France & Germany not the UK.
 
Satellite still active at 43E.
 
This artist's impression from Astrium's website it shows 5 directional aerials. What is each aerial for?
 

Attachments

  • 2F.webp
    2F.webp
    23 KB · Views: 90
Satellite still active at 43E.
Frequency? Haven't seen any actitivity for quite while. Maybe 2F is already on the move :)
 
This artist's impression from Astrium's website it shows 5 directional aerials. What is each aerial for?

Lets see:

Uk spot beam
West Africa spotbeam
Pan European beam
Ka spot.

Thats 4 accounted for..
 
Would the satellite not use at least one dish to receive the uplink?
 
Lets see:

Uk spot beam
West Africa spotbeam
Pan European beam
Ka spot.

Thats 4 accounted for..

I reckon there`s either PE1 and PE2 , UK spot, Africa and Ka

or B) B) 2 UK spots, PE plus Africa and Ka.

or maybe 2 Kas (not Ford) UK spot, Africa and PE.

Who knows???
 
Thats 4 accounted for..
Well there's also the uplink (above Ku band) but I doubt any of those big dishes are for that as the uplink needs to be able to come from multiple locations so can't be too directional. Anyway that still leaves one dish. And maybe there could be other beams too depending on the design of the feeds. So I wonder what the 4th big dish is for.
 
i think saterday not have signal astra 2f maybe tomorow few pick signal
today before one month ago start testing astra 2f 10 september
we i can wish this week astra 2f let see
 
Would the satellite not use at least one dish to receive the uplink?
Also it is possible that same dish be used for transmit and receive as they are on very different frequencies. So Africa uplink and downlink on one aerial. Maybe?
 
i think saterday not have signal astra 2f maybe tomorow
Over the last hour there has been activity around 116xxV, up to +17dB.
 
Over the last hour there has been activity around 116xxV, up to +17dB.
Well, I have some doubts :rolleyes: Crazyscan is running in loop mode with autoexport. From time to time I browse through the screen shots: nothing
 
Yes even the ever-present 12188 H is gone.
The current TLE (#40) is two days old, hoping for a new one.
 
Well, I have some doubts :rolleyes: Crazyscan is running in loop mode with autoexport. From time to time I browse through the screen shots: nothing
I put the meter on vertical low, (peak hold) at 11:30CET. I went out to the market, came back an hour later and it had captured activity. Cleared about 12:30 it showed there had been activity around that frequency when I checked again at about 2:00pm. Cleared it again and check again at 3:00pm. Spectrum peaks had reappeared. I have not checked since as I had to go and do a job and had to disconnect the meter and take it with me. Going to connect it back up now.
 
Yes even the ever-present 12188 H is gone.
The current TLE (#40) is two days old, hoping for a new one.
There won't be a new one until at least Monday night/Tuesday morning. That's the first NORAD update after a weekend.
 
Hopefully NORAD as a whole never sleeps, let alone take the weekend off! :-hide
 
Anyway, yes it is still active at 43E. Image from 2030 CET.
 

Attachments

  • 20121110-2030.webp
    20121110-2030.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 90
I might be going insane, but can this be true?
The 12188 H peak is still there... but at around 40.8 East.
Could it be this low power (probably, as reported back here) transponder is simply kept on during transition to 28.2 East?
 

Attachments

  • 40.8E-RFScan.webp
    40.8E-RFScan.webp
    46 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top