Astra 2G at 28.2E: General Discussion

Hi


Checked the new 2E spot TP's an hour ago.

They were fluctuating wildly, between 6.0 and 9.0 dB.
At the same time 10803H, which is supposed to be on the same Sat and Beam only varied between 11.0 and 11.3dB. Curious!

Also, the effect of recent changes means that at my location I now have Horror Ch at about 17dB, and Horror+1 at about 7dB!


Regards,
Bengt
 
Just ran the same test txp´s as Timo ( copied his list to save typing )

105 2G E -- 11.224H -- 14.2dB
106 2G E -- 11.225V -- 14.9dB
107 2G E -- 11.264H -- 14.8dB
108 2G E -- 11.265V -- 14.7dB
109 2F UK -- 11.306H -- 10.7dB
110 2F UK -- 11.306V -- 10.7dB
111 2F UK -- 11.344H -- 10.8dB
112 2F UK -- 11.344V -- 10.8dB
113 2E UK -- 11.390H -- 9.4dB
114 2E UK -- 11.390V -- 9.6dB
115 2E UK -- 11.426H -- 9.3dB
116 2E UK -- 11.426V -- 9.4dB

12422H 2F UK -- 7.5dB

Looks as though the higher frequencies are struggling more than the lower ones.

( I know I said I´d check when I got home tonight, but I cancelled hand mitre cutting aluminium frames for mosquito nets in direct sunshine as it´s 36º in the shade today )
 
I use the same table but can only give present values in SNR % since the VU+ DUO2 doesn´t show dB. :(

105 2G E -- 11.224H -- 99 %
106 2G E -- 11.225V -- 99 %
107 2G E -- 11.264H -- 99 %
108 2G E -- 11.265V -- 99 %
109 2F UK -- 11.306H -- 63 %
110 2F UK -- 11.306V -- 61 %
111 2F UK -- 11.344H -- 61 %
112 2F UK -- 11.344V -- 62 %
113 2E UK -- 11.390H -- 60 %
114 2E UK -- 11.390V -- 64 %
115 2E UK -- 11.426H -- 57 %
116 2E UK -- 11.426V -- 63 %

12422H 2F UK -- 56 %

Signals from 11390 and 11426 (both H and V) seems to be more stable now.
 
You should be able to change that in the settings, I can on the VU Solo SE

I have looked in all the menus but couldn´t find anywhere to change to dB. Searched the Internet but found out it isn´t possible on the DUO2.
Actually I´m not a big fan of DUO2. I like my Vantage 8000TS better so I´m thinking of selling the DUO and go start using my Vanatage again.
Bad thing is the Vantage only has one LNB input (and terrerstial connection) compared to DUO2 which has 2 LNB input and terrestial connection.
 
Don't want to pollute this thread so will not post here again on this subject. I will ask Huevos who knows these boxes well and send a personal message if it is possible. Could be down to software version.

( Serafeim is correct, I should have said image )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of level in dBuV or in dB down from an adjacent carrier (eg TP66).
.
From that came the Astra2G, this also by Madrid (Spain), nothing really, unchanged these days, is now equal.
Desde que llego el Astra2G, esta asi por Madrid (España), nada realmente, sin cambios estos dias, ahora esta igual.

11112b.webp
 
Readings from my 54cm dish show similar results for 2E UK and 2F UK in this band. They do have slightly different RF profiles though. Power outputs for all TPs across all 3 birds are lower in this band than comparable TPs on the same beams elsehwere in the spectrum.2G-2F-2E.webp
 
Readings from my 54cm dish show similar results for 2E UK and 2F UK in this band. They do have slightly different RF profiles though. Power outputs for all TPs across all 3 birds are lower in this band than comparable TPs on the same beams elsehwere in the spectrum.View attachment 80247
I suppose it's part of the Eutelsat deal to offer lower power Transponders.

Just had a bit of a nosy with my Spectrum Analyser, no sign of this low level carrier on TP65 but did spot a couple of narrowband carriers around 11.2GHz, is that one of the beacons? I've highlighted one on my Analyser, the second marker is on 11.222H

My results (from the North West of England):

11.387H - 13.0dB C/N 97% quality
11.387V - 12.6dB C/N 90% quality
11.427H - 13.1dB C/N 99% quality
11.427V - 12.2dB C/N 84% quality

Tests carried out at home using my Horizon HDSM - fed off a Triax TMP16 multiswitch, Inverto Quattro LNB, Triax TD64 dish.IMAG1002.webp
 
Noor tv New Frequency Setting from 2nd July 2015
Satellit - ASTRA -2G
Frequency - 11.553 GHZ
Polarization - HORRIZANTAL
Symbol Rate - 22000KSYMS
FFC - 5/6
Transponder - 95
Please Stay Tuned >>>>>>>
Our Aim To Spread Love and Peace across the world
.
When starting a picture to compare then/Para cuando arranque, una foto para comparar entonces (11.553 H 22000)

PS: We read/Nos leemos.
img_a5995.gif
 

Attachments

  • 11553.webp
    11553.webp
    241.4 KB · Views: 11
Could the lower power on the ex-Eutelsat transponders be because it is 36MHz wide instead of 26MHz?
 
Thnx!
Will check it out!
It depends on the installed image, Black Hole (BH) no.
The photos I put the DUO2 are with Openspa.
Comment that the BER does not work, it is always zero.
In this post you 06.01.2015 levels before changes with photos as servers provide the Vu + DUO2 image signal.
-------------
Depende de la imagen instalada, Black Hole (BH) no.
Las fotos que pongo del DUO2 son con Openspa.
Comentar que el BER no funciona, siempre es cero.
En este post tienes niveles del 1-6-2015 antes de los cambios con fotos de como muesta la señal el Vu+DUO2 con esta imagen
Niveles de señal en 28'2ºEste desde Madrid, 1-6-2015 14:00 y poder comparar.
PS: Very good tuners/Muy buenos sintonizadores.
img_a3636.gif
 
It depends on the installed image, Black Hole (BH) no.
The photos I put the DUO2 are with Openspa.
Comment that the BER does not work, it is always zero.
In this post you 06.01.2015 levels before changes with photos as servers provide the Vu + DUO2 image signal.
-------------
Depende de la imagen instalada, Black Hole (BH) no.
Las fotos que pongo del DUO2 son con Openspa.
Comentar que el BER no funciona, siempre es cero.
En este post tienes niveles del 1-6-2015 antes de los cambios con fotos de como muesta la señal el Vu+DUO2 con esta imagen
Niveles de señal en 28'2ºEste desde Madrid, 1-6-2015 14:00 y poder comparar.
PS: Very good tuners/Muy buenos sintonizadores.
img_a3636.gif

Very good information! Then there is hope for my DUO2! :)
 
Back
Top