Astra 2G: Testing at 43.5°E

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't have any effect whatsoever.
 
When 28A moves away from 28.5 east then you will notice a difference in the fringe area's of the footprint with only Astra satellites here :eek:
 
We should notice a difference here in the UK too - a down on power dilapidated old satellite replaced by a nice new high power barely run in one :D
 
Any more info on 2G's beacon in terms of a potential move?
 
I checked this morning M60, it's still at 43.5E according to its 12492H/L beacon.
 
Has anyone been able to check the Ka band recently?
 
I meant to check any KA activity earlier, but I'm not sure what KA band(s) they might have been testing, for me to connect up the corresponding LNB.
KA-A,B or D?
 
The whole range 18.85...22.0 GHz may be used.
At 21.2°E, only band C (20.2...21.2 GHz) was tested already, IIRC.
 
Last edited:
I checked this morning M60, it's still at 43.5E according to its 12492H/L beacon.
Cheers Llew, all seems fairly quiet so fingers crossed we'll start to see movement next week.
 
Began transferring to West, now is about 42,9°E......
 
Not long to go now....
 
Great stuff - she's on her way. Will be interesting to hear from those tracking the Beacon later today/this evening of the arc/day covered. She moved about 1.4E/day travelling to 43.5E.
 
Can somebody check a possible Ka beacon at around 40E please?

Usual beacon for 2G is 18800V, but I have one at 18425V, and I'm not aware of any Ka beacons from satellites at this spot on the arc.

Of course, proof of it coming from 2G will be if it moves from this spot sooner or later - or if it's some form of local pickup.


Beacon_18425V_40E.webp
 
OK Hans, thanks. Back to Ku beacons :D
 
After 24 hours since the last survey, it is located about 42°E... moving to west of 0,9 ~ 1 degree per day.
 
Won't be too long now before this thread can be locked and a few new ones opened. Waiting to see what affect 2G will eventually have (if any) on 2E and 2F UK spot beam side lobe reception. Menorca is on the edge of the Barcelona null so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be detrimental!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top