Astra german Channels,in Dubai,with a 5 meter dish posible?

Turok

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
today,a friend,that works,for hirschmann installtion company,contacted me,with a special questions,he got the assignment,from dubai,to install a large dish,on a hotel roof,in dubai,that bisness people,can receive german channels on astra!

now,he aks,me what dish size,is needed:)

the best think is,there is no limit,in the price,of the system,the oilkings pay everything:)

so would it work with 5 meter fullsize this,or better 7 meter?:)
any reports about that,from the region?

astra 1m,maybe works,now also good analouge with 5 meter,when signal is stronger now?

i realy dont know,what i should give for advice!

thanks for your input!

is signal always stable,with larger dishes?
 
Turok said:
Hello!
today,a friend,that works,for hirschmann installtion company,contacted me,with a special questions,he got the assignment,from dubai,to install a large dish,on a hotel roof,in dubai,that bisness people,can receive german channels on astra!

now,he aks,me what dish size,is needed:)

the best think is,there is no limit,in the price,of the system,the oilkings pay everything:)

so would it work with 5 meter fullsize this,or better 7 meter?:)
any reports about that,from the region?

astra 1m,maybe works,now also good analouge with 5 meter,when signal is stronger now?

i realy dont know,what i should give for advice!

thanks for your input!

is signal always stable,with larger dishes?

If money is not a problem, I would suggest the 7m dish.
There are several German channels from Hot Bird 13E which can be received with a much smaller dish.
Astra 1M now has several transponders with Premiere package. But I doubt if they can take the chance of having a subscription without the Premiere blessings. I think they have a subscription arrangement for Hotels, but I don't think that this is possible for hotels outside Germany and Austria.
 
Okay Thanks Hb13 for your reply:)
can someone confirm,that astra work with 7 meter?
in dubai?
 
Turok said:
Okay Thanks Hb13 for your reply:)
can someone confirm,that astra work with 7 meter?
in dubai?

Turok, I think that the chances that anybody can confirm this is not going to be easy.
May I suggest that you would specify which footprints are you after, as asking about Astra is too general.
 
i know,every astra satellite,has a difrent footprint map,but since,the change of astra 1m,with some german channels on ,it it has been change,from other older astra satellites,that contains most of german fta channel,i have no further information,about reports in this reagion,i could imagine,without knowing,at the moment,that some astra satelites,are "stronger",in this region,but,i dont know the current dish size for the astra sat that contains the german channels,1m is the first satellite,with this wide beam,but not many german channels are on it!
 
There are several FTA German channels on 1M in the European beam
See tp 12,188 H and 12,226H
_http://www.flysat.com/astra1m.php
 
Hans i've been looking for so long about confirmed 19.2E or 28.2E/28.5E reception in the Arabian Peninsula but never found really serious information. I doubt very much that anyone is able to tell you here or anywhere else. Just professionals that deal with very large dishes regularly might have checked it. The problem in such out of footprint areas is that the signal might vary a lot so you would have to check it permanently and based on the minima of each frequency that is wished the dish size has to be planned.

The Astra 1M Wide Beam is the easiest of all and can be received down to Oman on 1.30m: _http://forum.digitalfernsehen.de/forum/digital-tv-ueber-satellit-dvb-s/209791-sat-empfang-im-oman.html
But the 1M European Beam even in Israel got worse compared to 1G/H. The newer satellites have very sharp beam shaping so even a very large dish might not get them thousands of miles away. And with the help of Bombed_One in Georgia we can see that the 1KR/L behave the same way. When 1N will take over i expect no positve surprises as well.

So what could they do ? I'm not an expert in this field but if money is no problem at all i would try to find out if all the wished frequencies could be received in Europe and streamed to them where they could distribute them in the hotel. Must be very expensive since we speak of decades hundreds of Mpbs but this could be done by a cable company. To save money in streaming the programs could be received, descrambled, reencoded in H264 remultiplexed and then streamed to Dubai. But even if this technical barrier can be overcome the major problem i see is what the law says. Might be not allowed.
 
I think that this might give you a clue about the reception of Astra 19.2E in Israel.
The Yes Israel Package includes 3 sat channel.
There are two channels for 3 sat: Analogue and digital
The analogue channel is on the 1F V-FSS and the digital one is on the 1H footprint.
I am guessing that they use the analogue as this has been offered for quite few years now.
The Yes dishes are in the attached pictures, but I can't say which one is pointed to Astra 19.2E.
If you can guess the size of the dishes, then this might give you a rough idea about dish size needed in the Middle East for Astra 19.2E.
Any idea what is the size of the largest dish?
 

Attachments

  • Yes Dishes 1.webp
    Yes Dishes 1.webp
    200.1 KB · Views: 206
The same picture but from above: _http://www.amos-spacecom.com/UserFiles/Image/SatDish.jpg

Source: _http://www.amos-spacecom.com/amos1/page.asp?cat=86&type=2&lang=1

But the distance Yes-Dubai is as much as Napoli-Yes and we all know how different the reception conditions are. We speak of >2100km.
 
okay thanks for the replys,does the anolouge freqencys,in israel,also work now better,since the have change to astra 1m?
how many low treshhold do you need with a 2 meter dish,for e.g on this new satellite?

then zatoo videostreaming is proberbly the only way in dubai,but how is the solution,and what channels from germany it contains?

here,in austria,i cant test this service,because all ips,from my country are blocked,i got confirm,that it works good in belgium and switzerland,but also other countrys has blocked out by this operator,a anonym proxy,whould maybe solve this problem,on a normal http website,but when this all server based,over the videostream data,then currcly i found no solution from here!

also i dont know how fast the dsl connection in dubai is?
 
Hans, 1M does not carry any analogue carriers. Just 1F/KR/L do.

Zattoo is no solution for a Hotel. First of all the picture is extremely small and not even filling a notebook screen and second you would have to use a german proxy server to watch them. For private use this is a temporary solution: _http://www.wilmaa.ch.gg/

Don't mix up with private broadband. If we speak of a Hotel that can invest a lot of money then a real professional leased line with guaranteed QoS is the only option. Forget ADSL.
 
Hi there!
i think,zatoo,works very well,outside europe,they have only copiright problems,in the same language areas!
i got confirm that it also work in belgium!

every one can try,
watch german tv
and report!
thanks!


_http://zattoo.com/en/index
 
Turok said:
Hi there!
i think,zatoo,works very well,outside europe,they have only copiright problems,in the same language areas!
i got confirm that it also work in belgium!

every one can try,
watch german tv
and report!
thanks!


_http://zattoo.com/en/index

I tried Zatto but got this message

Zattoo is not yet available in Israel. Listed below are the 241 channels Zattoo currently offers where we are available.

So it will most probably won't work in Dubai.
 
deepbluesky said:
The same picture but from above: _http://www.amos-spacecom.com/UserFiles/Image/SatDish.jpg

Source: _http://www.amos-spacecom.com/amos1/page.asp?cat=86&type=2&lang=1

But the distance Yes-Dubai is as much as Napoli-Yes and we all know how different the reception conditions are. We speak of >2100km.

Hello deepbluesky,
From you experience, can you give a rough estimate of the size of the Yes dishes in the picture, especially the largest one and the one below it?
I know that Dubai is far from Israel, but I am trying to help Turok with as much information as I can.
 
My idea is that the dish size isn’t important. All I know is that: You can't have Astra's channels in ME (as I Know). The best and finest signal you can have is near Turkey and north of Iran where you'll receive the channels with parasites and not what we receive like the Hotbird ones. The solution might be in other things. Living for more than 30 years in those f* places, I've learnt a lot, though I've not been in an installer 'coz here the signal finder is an illegal instrument but being interested in these things I've learnt a lot.

Arbi.
 
HB13DISH even if my guess would be right (of which i doubt) it won't help Turok. Dubai is too far away. What i wanted to say before is if somebody in Napoli hardly receives say Thor 5 T1 Beam that might be reachable on 3m there you cannot interpolate which size you would need in Israel for it. Only regular testing in the wished location can answer this question.

Arbi, i think some people here would be interested in seeing some reception reports from Armenia. I remember a professor from Yerevan beeing shown in an old article of german Tele Satellite magazine 12-13 years ago. It was absolutely phantastic to see a huge Multifeed dish and i always asked myself what he would receive with it so far away from the European beam edges.
 
Dear deepbluesky,
Please tell me what should I do? What do you want exactly?
I guess that I'll be there in summer, or if you want it sooner I'll ask my friends or family members to bring it for me.

Arbi.
 
thanks ,to all,for the input!
its very intresting,when we get a response,from all the difrent countrys!
kepp on your good work"!
 
d122k7trb said:
Dear deepbluesky,
Please tell me what should I do? What do you want exactly?
I guess that I'll be there in summer, or if you want it sooner I'll ask my friends or family members to bring it for me.

Arbi.

Hello Arbi,

Looks like you are not in Armenia now. Well what i meant was something like BombedOne does in this thread: _http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/fringe-reception-general/143070-astra-1m-air-any-distant-reports-8.html for difficult satellites. I am aware that it takes some time to check each frequency but it might help people to understand how their chances are to receive a certain satellite beam there and in the surrounding areas.

Just a proposal. It's up to you if you want to contribute.

Best regards from Stuttgart.
 
anyway....
one of our best professional Friend called gli in a Persian Satellite Discussion board told us he could get Frequencies of Astra 1H and of course Astra 1M these days by a 2 Meter Offset Dish in Tehran.

dear gli uploaded some pics you can see attached.
 

Attachments

  • DSC04004.webp
    DSC04004.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC04016.webp
    DSC04016.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Iranian_200CM_Offset_Dish.webp
    Iranian_200CM_Offset_Dish.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 179
Back
Top