Asus lappy finaly died

skomedal

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
My 6 year old Asus win7 home edition lappy ( well nurtured with various OSs including linux mint ) that I used for streaming uk channels to my tv finally went belly up like the mythical Norwegian blue parrot as seen in Monty Python. Dead.

Used 3 days to try resuscitation of said lappy to no avail:(

As I was only using it for streaming decided to buy an cheap tower, drove the 120 mile round trip to the " local " pc dealer and explained my predicament, salesman understood and I bought a el cheepo packard bell win 8.1 preloaded.

Have now custom installed it with basic windows updates, then turned the update option off. Removed unwanted programs ( norton trial etc ). Now I can stream UK channels from various sources ie filmon, hola etc. am well chuffed that the old lappy finally died. Fed up with the constant crashes.

Regards

Ps removed the hdd, ram sticks, dvd drive and the cmos battery, just in case my other lappies need spares ( also security reasons ) before delivery to the tip on wednesday
 
YEP
Green led on start button lit, battery charging led lit.
No sign of life, not even getting the boot to start or even sounds of any activity.

Regards
 
Did you leave a floppy in the slot ? :D
 
Back
Top