Australian Horse Racing

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Three Sats Optus D1,D2 and Intelsat19
My Location
Melbourne Australia
Hi there, does anyone get Australian horse racing feeds over in the UK or Europe?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If they are carried on satellite they will be turned around on one of the birds round 70.5E way - thats where many of the Aussie feeds have been bounced over to Europe in recent years. However, more & more sports venues are using permanent fibre links nowadays.

If you are wanting them for betting purposes forget it - the delays from one or two satellite hops would be horrific

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Melbourne Australia
Thanks

How many AUS horse racing feeds you see each week on there?

Also, can you see 7 degrees 7A from where you are, that satellite seems to have so many feeds every week inc AUS horse racing on Saturdays

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
70.5E is not possible here - its below my eastern horizon. Eutelsat 7E is within range of Europe but I dont currently have an dish pointing at it as the signal strength from most of the beams isnt very good here. TBH Im not over interested in feeds anyway seing as many of the more interesting ones are encrypted.

Pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Melbourne Australia
Are you saying they go to 70.5 first and then bounce to other Satellites?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well 70.5E was used to bring the Aussie F1 race into Europe in years past as its location means got visibility into both Australia & Europe. The feed was bounced up to 70.5E, received at at European teleport then redistributed for home reception via a bounce to the Astras or Hotbirds.

However as I mentioned earlier many feeds are carried on fibre connections these days so are unavailable to us hobbyists. Or sometimes they use transmission formats that require professional receive equipment to decode them.

What exactly is your interest in Aussie gee gees anyway?