Auto updating receivers

Seberto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Axe1000
My Location
Qatar
All
Anyone has any news about the server update , my Axe1000 still not working!!

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
these a/u boxes are all good in some ways, but wheres the fun in reprogramming a card like the older days were, now everyone expects free tv 24/7 & kick off when they dont have it. maybe its just me, i dunno.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
From what i've read about these boxes, they are more hassle than they are worth.. The server is always down.. If they support newcamd there are many servers out there which support this.. But you will have to pay..O-no

michaella

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision st5 usb combo
net
My Location
london
hi.i have a mvision st5 and i was reading your post about autoupdate.can u plz tell me what server or webpage to conect?at the moment i know about gxmax but they have only keys for nagra.ty for your time

michaella

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision st5 usb combo
net
My Location
london
i have a mvision st5 with net connection. plz can u tell me where to connect to autoupdate?ecxept gxmax plz

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
Since the server is down, you might be able to get the new software from the 'market out there!'. I found one MAX1000 with newer software, connected my MAXX1000 with that one and started the 'mother receiver' first, and then my STB (receiver). It failed a couple of times, but on the third attempt, it updated the software. Then a few adjustments to be made in the setup...... BUT, since the original server is still down; nothing helped open the channels. I've heard you can register for a payment, and you are given a username & a password. I dont mind paying for it BUT still dont know where/to whom?
I'll come with more info soon.
Regards.

slmsmy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MAXX 1000
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Mnay thanks Digital2
me also I don`t mind paying for it but hoe where

arontaylor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dual card reciever, connected to 2 sattalites, am in iraq and can unscramble showtime arabia
My Location
iraq
Good afternoon all.

This is my first post. Am hoping to find some help. I am in iraq and had a guy set me up a sattelite system. It is a Star dual card reciever, that has some sort of sofware update in it. This was connected to nilesat to recieve showtime arabia. A second sattelite was then connected to unscramble the channels. It worked really well. I have moved to a different location and am trying to set the system up again. The problem i have is that i dont know what sattalite the second sat needs to be connected to to unscramble showtime. Could anyone help me??

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
Hi all, I have found a the loader and new software for MAXX 1000. It loads alright but there are a few more steps to it; haven't been able to resolve that yet. This is where I have reached so far:- After updating and rebooting, MENU>INTERNET>NEWCAMD(highlight this option)>Press 9949>OK. Now a submenu opens, but haven't been able to fill it out correctly there. Will come back with more details later, soon I hope. I will now try to upload the loader and the software here.
Good Luck fellows!

Bin files removed admin

memo_2000_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
maxx 1000
My Location
kuwait
heeey all
im a new user here ,, sorry but im facing a problem with my maxx 1000 and i wanna know when will the server come back ,, i think they said tht it was down or something ,,plzz help

email Deleted

slmsmy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MAXX 1000
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi Digital2

Thank you so much for the information & effort.
I`am guna` try it then I will post my notes regarding the issue.

slmsmy

lebrillante

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Using STAREX SR2000 STB
My Location
Kindly provide update on STAREX SR2000 model

Digital2 said:
NO need to search for the website, software, keys and the procedure for updating your receiver(ST:cool:.
Get an auto-updating receiver, connect it to your LNBs (from the dish of course). Also connect it to your DSL Router (like you connect your PC to your router). It updates its software AND keys by downloading it from the net. The ‘FUN’ part is that you are able to watch not only the ‘free to air’ channels but also the ‘scrambled channels’.
The currently popular receivers available in the middle east market (sold SECRETLY) that 'self update' from the net are Maxx 1000, Axe 1000, StarX, Linksat and Dreambox. The price range is between US$ 160 and US$ 200 (The 'Paid Packages' that I could watch 'without payment' included most of those from NILESAT and HOTBIRD. The only ones that didn't decipher on my STB (MAXX 1000) were Playboy and Privatespice. All others that I could watch were MCT, CYFRA, FREEX, NOVA, PEHLA, RTVi, ARABESQUE, AL-JAZEERA, SHOWTIME, TUNER, TV Carbo & Zee. No scrambled channels from Asiasat or Intelsat (both C-band!) 'opened'.
Unfortunately, starting June 24,2008 (Tuesday) they stopped auto updating software and their keys, so NO MORE free viewing of the 'previously deciphered' scrambled channels. (Dreambox is the only one STILL auto-updating through download and opening all the channels which the other STBs are now failing to do). We are hoping these receivers will start their auto-update on Friday (27th June 2008), cos the server is updating, whatever THAT means, in THIS case! If the auto-update fails after the ‘mentioned date’ the users might have to register WITH PAYMENT (about US$50) for a specified period of 4 to 6months. The strange, but interesting fact about these receivers is that their user’s manuals mention NOTHING about the DSL connection, auto-update, or even their ability to decipher scrambled channels. More interesting is the fact that; ‘their DSL input SLOTS’ are hidden with a sticker to conceal their existence! Why? Wouldn’t this ADVERTISEMENT fetch them more money? Or, maybe they are just ILLEGAL!

gdp30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
metabox
How can i enter keys for art channels using remote control of maxx 1000 receiver

merwad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATALIT
My Location
UAE
Any one have any inf about starex sr2000
it is not working proberly lock chanells not open

meseta

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
v box v3000
LG lcd 37 tv
My Location
UAE, Dubai
HI all,
I am new to the whole world of sat and cams etc etc
I have been quite happily watching BBC prime, Food etc on Hotbird and Nilesat, and now the whole lots are unavailable . FTA's are all fine.
The box I have doesn't seem to have any identifying numbers ! It's a V Box V3000.. How do I bring those 'lost' channels back ? Any help would be appreciated. DUBAI, UAE.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
meseta said:
HI all,
I am new to the whole world of sat and cams etc etc
I have been quite happily watching BBC prime, Food etc on Hotbird and Nilesat, and now the whole lots are unavailable . FTA's are all fine.
The box I have doesn't seem to have any identifying numbers ! It's a V Box V3000.. How do I bring those 'lost' channels back ? Any help would be appreciated. DUBAI, UAE.

Looks like BBC Prime have changed their encryption method or keys.
See this thread from yesterday
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/bbc-prime-international/136726-cant-view-bbc-prime-today.html
Food ?

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
I believe that it's true. Some of my friends have bought them for about $200.But still it's not popular.

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
Still some of my friends are using don't know what kind of receiver cards for different channels instead of auto updating receivers. They buy the original ones from Dubai or other Arabic countries and they work for a year or several months.

Arbi.