AzerSpace 1/Africasat 1a at 46.0°E

Tony Daly

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
1.2mt motorised dish
My Location
South West Ireland
Hi Everyone.
How far west can you receive this satellite ?
I'm in south west Ireland with a 1.2Mt motorised dish.
I just tried a scan a few minutes ago & the only transponder I can receive is 11024V 12700 5/6
1​
ARBMPEG-2/SD
512​
4117 Aze
2​
ARBMPEG-4/HD
515​
4116 Aze
3​
ARB 24MPEG-4/HD
516​
4115 Aze
4​
ARB GünesMPEG-2/SD
513​
4113 Aze
5​
Kepez FM
I was trying for 11135H 27500 but got nothing.

Thanks.
Tony.
 
Hi Everyone.
How far west can you receive this satellite ?
I'm in south west Ireland with a 1.2Mt motorised dish.
I just tried a scan a few minutes ago & the only transponder I can receive is 11024V 12700 5/6
1​
ARBMPEG-2/SD
512​
4117 Aze
2​
ARBMPEG-4/HD
515​
4116 Aze
3​
ARB 24MPEG-4/HD
516​
4115 Aze
4​
ARB GünesMPEG-2/SD
513​
4113 Aze
5​
Kepez FM
I was trying for 11135H 27500 but got nothing.

Thanks.
Tony.
Tony,
I'm in the West Midlands of England and I get these muxes:- 11024V, 11095H and 11135H. I use a CM 1.2m dish on a H-to-H mount with adjustable elevation. I would say the 11024V is the strongest and 11095H the weakest.
SimonE
 
Tony,
I'm in the West Midlands of England and I get these muxes:- 11024V, 11095H and 11135H. I use a CM 1.2m dish on a H-to-H mount with adjustable elevation. I would say the 11024V is the strongest and 11095H the weakest.
SimonE
Thank you Simon.
Perhaps I'm just to far west ?
Tony.
 
Hi Everyone.
How far west can you receive this satellite ?
I'm in south west Ireland with a 1.2Mt motorised dish.
I just tried a scan a few minutes ago & the only transponder I can receive is 11024V 12700 5/6
1​
ARBMPEG-2/SD
512​
4117 Aze
2​
ARBMPEG-4/HD
515​
4116 Aze
3​
ARB 24MPEG-4/HD
516​
4115 Aze
4​
ARB GünesMPEG-2/SD
513​
4113 Aze
5​
Kepez FM
I was trying for 11135H 27500 but got nothing.

Thanks.
Tony.

How Far West = Ireland

You may have a obstruction for this part of the satellite arc as you are well inside the footprint.Az-1-Ku-Eu.png
 
Having done some investigation it seems that I am not getting any low Horizontal frequencies on any satellite :oops:
I can get low Vertical + High Horizontal & Vertical frequencies ok.
I presume the lnb is on the way out ?
I was using an INVERTO Ultra Twin Dual Output Satellite LNB fitted in 2014.
Maybe time to get out the new Inverto Twin Universal PLL lnb that I bought recently ?


Tony.
 
Having done some investigation it seems that I am not getting any low Horizontal frequencies on any satellite :oops:
I can get low Vertical + High Horizontal & Vertical frequencies ok.
I presume the lnb is on the way out ?
I was using an INVERTO Ultra Twin Dual Output Satellite LNB fitted in 2014.
Maybe time to get out the new Inverto Twin Universal PLL lnb that I bought recently ?


Tony.
If you are after a decent LNB try an Octagon OSLO. They have very stable LOs and are really sensitive.
SimonE
 
If you are after a decent LNB try an Octagon OSLO. They have very stable LOs and are really sensitive.
SimonE
Thanks for the recommendation Simon.
I'll try the Inverto PLL universal first before buying any more.

I tried two other receivers I have but same result so I guess the lnb has got to go when I get a chance.
 
On a Channel Master 1.2M I found an Inverto PLL single to be inferior to a Black Ultra twin.
 
Having done some investigation it seems that I am not getting any low Horizontal frequencies on any satellite :oops:
I can get low Vertical + High Horizontal & Vertical frequencies ok.
I presume the lnb is on the way out ?
I was using an INVERTO Ultra Twin Dual Output Satellite LNB fitted in 2014.
Maybe time to get out the new Inverto Twin Universal PLL lnb that I bought recently ?


Tony.
It could just be that the receiver just doesnt like that lnb - Ive had a receiver fail to work with one particular lnb several times over the years - it works fine with any of the others. Also if its more than a few years old its common for one of the 4 bands to just quit for no apparent reason
 
It could just be that the receiver just doesnt like that lnb - Ive had a receiver fail to work with one particular lnb several times over the years - it works fine with any of the others. Also if its more than a few years old its common for one of the 4 bands to just quit for no apparent reason
The Lnb is over 6 years old now so its time is probably up.
If it was just one receiver it didn't get on with that would be ok but 3 receivers ?

An INVERTO Ultra Twin Dual Output Satellite LNB is what is on the dish at present.
I bought the Inverto Twin Universal PLL lnb a couple of months ago because it was supposed to be the best ?
I was going to try it when the weather improved.
Is there a better universal twin lnb out there ?

Tony.
 
Others have seen Inverto LNBs give up the ghost on certain polarities just outside of warranty.
 
Others have seen Inverto LNBs give up the ghost on certain polarities just outside of warranty.
To be honest I have no idea what the guarantee period on the Inverto is ?
Mine is over 6 years old so must be well out of guarantee & has given me good service.
As I said previously I bought the Inverto Twin Universal PLL lnb a couple of months ago because it was supposed to be the best ?
I was going to try it when the weather improved even if my present Lnb was still going strong.
 
Over 6 years, you have done well.

There was a thread on the polarity failure , probably same time last year.

The Invertos I have fitted upstairs failed in around 2 years, though some specific models (the narrow multifeed and the five port UHF combined version) installed for specific cabling requirements appear to go on without issue.
 
Decent weather here today so I replaced the Inverto Black Ultra lnb like for like.
Big boost in signal quality & all missing channels have returned plus some I didn't previously have at all.
Shows how far the old lnb had deteriorated.

I also got an Inverto Premium PLL lnb but I didn't see any great gains when I tried it so I stuck with the Black Ultra.
Having said that I was only trying the lnb's on 1' West so there might be a difference on other satellites.
I have tried a few satellites with the new lnb & everything seems to be coming in strong.
I'll try some of the other satellites when I get a chance.
 
Back
Top