mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
This is a hard film to describe.

Three separate, but related, stories set in Mexico, Morocco and Japan. It's about families/ people/ situations/ relationships/ despair.

A harsh, complex, downbeat film that makes for sometimes uncomfortable viewing. If you thought Titanic was a good film this isn't for you. If you liked 21 Grams you might like this. If you haven't seen 21 Grams- rent it soon.

A film for grownups.

Good music score as well.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
No idea why babel.

It's about families. Read the review on imdb.com; I read it and still didn't exect the film that I watched.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Common link was the gun.

The people involved all lived in different countries and spoke different languages but the were connected.

Babel, the tower, was built by persons who couldn't communicate with each other through speech but had a common goal that linked them all. (If I remember my Bible)

Strange film - as much about cultural differences - if you ask me.