BADR 26E - Cant find it...

ScanSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
130cm Dish. Nokia 9802s.
My Location
Sweden
BigTee,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

Robbo,

I tried the transpoder for MBC only which is 11919 H. I will look for that thread and see if I can find it.

Yes, As far as I know I should definitely be able to receive it on a 130cm dish.

I am storing the positions manually.

aqrsboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Star Track NC 709 CI, 2 KU Band LNB abd 2 C Band LNB.
8 feet fiber dish
My Location
Pakistan
ScanSat said:
I am located in Sweden and I have the same problem. Just bought a new receiver and 0.2 lnb and I still can't find it. Using a 130cm. Not sure why. Getting very bored as well.
Any tips, suggestions would be appreciated much.

hi
i just read your post i think you are finding badar 4. i m trying to help you
first you point you eurbird 2 the frequencies are 11013 H 27500 (this is very powerfull frequency), 11096 H 27500. after find these frequency, just very little move your dish to left and try 11727 H 27500, after that you may be reiceve all frequency. good luck

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
for what its worth I can pick up some tranponders no problem from 26east..

edit...i tell a lie....not getting anything on 26e...seems to be 23e

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ScanSat said:
BigTee,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

Robbo,

I tried the transpoder for MBC only which is 11919 H. I will look for that thread and see if I can find it.

Yes, As far as I know I should definitely be able to receive it on a 130cm dish.

I am storing the positions manually.

Just looked at the footprint maps again, to see where Sweden was in relation to it. What part of Sweden are you in?

The FSS beam looks just possible in the south but decidely dodgy further north.
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/badr4_fss.html

A nonymous

Reaction score
ScanSat said:
That's very nice Nano! Great signal!

Any chance I can see a picture or some of the dish when it's facing the Badr Satalitte? So, I can get an idea of how much I need to align.

Thanks

Like Robbo said a picture of my dish wouldn't be much use to you as you are in a different location and as mine is motorised the whole dish is skewed at an angle so you probably wouldn't make much use of the picture anyway :-doh!

Sorry for not answering earlier but my ISP had an issue last night and i couldn't get access to a lot of websites or forums.

Richard Branson has a lot to answer for :-slaphead

:-beer

Nano

ScanSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
130cm Dish. Nokia 9802s.
My Location
Sweden
Thank you all for the helpful tips and suggestions. Still can't get signal on 26E though. Still not sure why.

olisun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
, Fibo Gregorian 1.2mtr, Skystar 2
My Location
Hounslow
ScanSat said:
Thank you all for the helpful tips and suggestions. Still can't get signal on 26E though. Still not sure why.

lol you are in the same league as me...

I have tried all possible options I could think off.. Tried to manually catch the bird without using the motor and still not luck...

In the process I managed to fine tune the signal on my other sats...

Is there any frequency which is not shared by 28.2 and 23.5 ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
olisun said:
Is there any frequency which is not shared by 28.2 and 23.5 ?

I assume you mean 26E?

Just had a quick look at lyngsat and there are loads on them up to 12GHz, after that though they seem to be a a lot closer in frequency.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
@ scansat and Oilsun,

I have just spent about 15 mins trying to get 26E on my 90cm dish from Kent in the UK. I managed to get it without too much of a problem by manual adjustment on a fixed dish.

First I adjusted the dish for 28.2E and got a signal on there using a cheapo sat finder meter. Then I wacked it WEST a bit, and changed satellite to 26E and looked on 11785V. I then adjusted the elevataion up a tad, and tweaked the azimuth for best signal on the sat finder. I then did a scan of that satellite and got some channels from 26E, including 'Future TV USA'.

When using the sat finder, rather than looking for a peak, I flexed the dish up and down and left and right to make sure the signal level went down as I did so.

What I found was, it was very tempting to end up lined up to 28.2E again, but by focussing on 11785V, and trying to get a good quality reading on that transponder, I was able not to succumb to it.

Hope this helps.

Robbo :)

Edit: By the way here is a picture of my 'lash up'
View attachment 13762

Attachments

• IMAG0315.JPG
    IMAG0315.JPG
    409.9 KB · Views: 62

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Robbo71 said:
First I adjusted the dish for 28.2E and got a signal on there using a cheapo sat finder meter. Then I wacked it east a bit, and changed satellite to 26E and looked on 11785V. I then adjusted the elevataion up a tad, and tweaked the azimuth for best signal on the sat finder. I then did a scan of that satellite and got some channels from 26E, including 'Future TV USA'.

Would that not be West Robbo71? :-thumbup:-tree

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Topper said:
Would that not be West Robbo71? :-thumbup:-tree

That's what I put didl I :-rofl2 Thanks Topper :)

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I spent ages trying to get Thor 1W with the strongest transponder from a list here. I have found many sats wihere the strongest transponder is different from those listed. I moved the dish to the approximate pisition then did a fine motor movement to E & W with each transponder. Now I have Thor I will go and do a tiny tweak on the dish outside.

Snelly said:
I have a 1.05m dish and im struggling to find BADR 26E. I dont have a fancy signal meter, only the one built into my dreambox. I have tried changing to 11727 transponder, which I believe someone on another thread recommends to search for. Im getting bored now... anyone got any tips?

My location is near Hull, east coast of UK.

ScanSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
130cm Dish. Nokia 9802s.
My Location
Sweden
Robbo,

Thanks for the explanation and the picture.
Just a question. Is the elevation supposed to be adjusted upwards?

:-bigsanta:-HoHo

Robbo71 said:
@ scansat and Oilsun,

I have just spent about 15 mins trying to get 26E on my 90cm dish from Kent in the UK. I managed to get it without too much of a problem by manual adjustment on a fixed dish.

First I adjusted the dish for 28.2E and got a signal on there using a cheapo sat finder meter. Then I wacked it WEST a bit, and changed satellite to 26E and looked on 11785V. I then adjusted the elevataion up a tad, and tweaked the azimuth for best signal on the sat finder. I then did a scan of that satellite and got some channels from 26E, including 'Future TV USA'.

When using the sat finder, rather than looking for a peak, I flexed the dish up and down and left and right to make sure the signal level went down as I did so.

What I found was, it was very tempting to end up lined up to 28.2E again, but by focussing on 11785V, and trying to get a good quality reading on that transponder, I was able not to succumb to it.

Hope this helps.

Robbo :)

Edit: By the way here is a picture of my 'lash up'
View attachment 13762

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ScanSat said:
Robbo,

Thanks for the explanation and the picture.
Just a question. Is the elevation supposed to be adjusted upwards?

:-bigsanta:-HoHo

For Stockholm Sweden:
28.2E elevation =22.15
26E elevation =22.37

I think you might have a job tweaking by that amount possibly

At my location it was about 0.75 degree difference, and I did tweak it up just a little bit.
:-Cbigsmil

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
ScanSat said:

scansat,

when i first got the 26e, what i decided to do was go for the 28e first and then very fiegntly and thats all it takes get the dubai one channel in first 12130 v 27500 but that was at night time, during the day just looking at the freqs i would go for the bbc on 12073 h 27500 a little nudge of the finger thats what it takes, i use a 88cm with a tv monitor next to the dish, it makes it easier

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
johnwilliam1 said:
i use a 88cm with a tv monitor next to the dish, it makes it easier

I definitely agree there, I don't usually bother with the receiver whilst adjusting, just use the sat finder.
But for this satellite, I found it almost essential.