My Satellite Setup
technomate 90cm dish
My Location
Liverpool

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
How far are you prepared to go? £262 now

... Not wise to disclose what your prepared to go up to on here .... TJ's example for instance.

Pipedream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.9-1.2 & 2.2 precision dishes TM5402 mk3 TM5302 & V8 Golden
My Location
Sheffield
At that price the dreamers will have left the field, this could be a bloodbath !
With it not being motorized it's not going to be worth too much more, I would say £350 to £400 will buy it.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
If you have dish than it can be always motorized by standard or specially made mechanism. But if you have any motor or polar-mount then you still can not make dish for it. So, dish is primary, motor- secondary.

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD SE, Dreambox 500S, Skybox F5S, 90cm Solid Dish, Tm2600 Motor, Inverto Black Ultra LNB! :)
My Location
Lost...
With it not being motorized it's not going to be worth too much more, I would say £350 to £400 will buy it.

it was £301 now itas gone back down to £262, so someone mustve withdrawn their bid

btw i got no idea how to withdraw bids on ebay

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD SE, Dreambox 500S, Skybox F5S, 90cm Solid Dish, Tm2600 Motor, Inverto Black Ultra LNB! :)
My Location
Lost...
If you have dish than it can be always motorized by standard or specially made mechanism. But if you have any motor or polar-mount then you still can not make dish for it. So, dish is primary, motor- secondary.

what would you need to motorise that 2.4m cm dish?

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
I see at least 3 options:
- Old good H-H AJAK motor (not in the production anymore);
- self-made polar-mount with 36' heavy duty actuator;
- Az-El-Skew mount (also self-made).

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
I see at least 3 options:
- Old good H-H AJAK motor (not in the production anymore);
- self-made polar-mount with 36' heavy duty actuator;
- Az-El-Skew mount (also self-made).

thanks for that,
im not good with diy so wont be able to make anything myself lol

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
im not good with diy so wont be able to make anything myself lol
You better get this 2.4m CM dish and then, for sure, you will find the way of motorization.

Pipedream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.9-1.2 & 2.2 precision dishes TM5402 mk3 TM5302 & V8 Golden
My Location
Sheffield
saj you are a feed hunter why would you want to be stuck on one sat for?

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
saj you are a feed hunter why would you want to be stuck on one sat for?

no if i get the dish and i will want to make it motoriezd

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

Off the shelf dual axis slew drive similar in principle to the one "st1" linked to. Heavy wedge needed, they are not cheap for a dish of this size and weight, start thinking in bags of sand.
or
Fabricator to make custom polar mount from scratch using box section, steel plate and flange mounted bearings
or
Existing polar mount that can be modded to accept the dish

In all instances, the motorisation is going to cost more than the dish on the assumption the dish goes for a monkey or less.

Last edited:

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

Agreed, any more than £400 and it is getting out of the bargain zone and into buyers remorse territory. It's a channel master dish, not a Precision, if it were a Precision 2.4m dish the tongues would be hanging out and the wallets getting unbuckled ready for stratoshpheric action.

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
Off the shelf dual axis slew drive similar in principle to the one "st1" linked to. Heavy wedge needed, they are not cheap for a dish of this size and weight, start thinking in bags of sand.
or
Fabricator to make custom polar mount from scratch using box section, steel plate and flange mounted bearings
or
Existing polar mount that can be modded by a fabricator to accept the dish

In all instances, the motorisation is going to cost more than the dish on the assumption the dish goes for a monkey or less.

thats true thats why i do think ill end up getting it because it would be out my budget plus having to get it motorized

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
thats true thats why i do think ill end up getting it because it would be out my budget plus having to get it motorized

If you can afford the dish and you like it and the missus is OK with it then go for it.

One possible other consideration is, are you going to bother with local authority planning consent or mount it on a mobile platform or just install it and take a chance nobody complains about it?

If the price gets too far beyond your budget or what you can realistically afford then leave it and move on to the next one. There is always another day and another dish. They pop up now and again so at some point there will be another one on eBay even if you do not get this one.

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
If you can afford the dish and you like it and the missus is OK with it then go for it.

One possible other consideration is, are you going to bother with local authority planning consent or mount it on a mobile platform or just install it and take a chance nobody complains about it?

If the price gets too far beyond your budget or what you can realistically afford then leave it and move on to the next one. There is always another day and another dish. They pop up now and again so at some point there will be another one on eBay even if you do not get this one.

yea i think im going to move on and leave this one

no im not worried about people complaining because theres loads of dishes up around my area