A
archive10
Guest
Special day! RimaNTSS lets go of dish! And more than one too! ;) ;)Day after tomorrow I will have my 2 polar-mounted 150cm antennas gone to another (perhaps better user, at least he will have them installed).
Special day! RimaNTSS lets go of dish! And more than one too! ;) ;)Day after tomorrow I will have my 2 polar-mounted 150cm antennas gone to another (perhaps better user, at least he will have them installed).
But then again - when you have a motorised 4.6 meter...Special day! RimaNTSS lets go of dish! And more than one too! ;) ;)
I'm not even going to comment on that.I´ve heard of that in dog and horse training, but satellite dishes![]()
Though I imagine it will take quite a lot of hair products to wash the 4.6m....
AH!The danish dish was marked "Skymaster" or something like that, I couldn't quite make out the word after "Sky".
The LNB bracket was clearly for C-band, so it's that old.
It's a Skyscan dish from 1985 or so
They were KU for 27.5w and 13EAnd perhaps some of our, erh, experienced members can enlighten us on if those services were Ku or C-band (I suspect Ku)?
I had a friend, who passed away 1/2 a year ago. He left his company and also this dish to his wife. I was on that roof today. Basically, this antenna is going on sale, but owner does not know it's price. They still remember how much they payed for it to buy from USA (that was couple of decades back in time and costed many thousands). I have said that they probably can find somebody to take it away for ~ 1 grand, but maybe even less. They were very disappointed to hear that.

Damn, you spotted that!Nice dish what the smaller one looks a interesting dish.
, in which I am not interested at all. Of course, when I said that this can also be sold at ~ 25-50 EUR, she did not believe again.Sorry to hear about your friend.I had a friend, who passed away 1/2 a year ago. He left his company and also this dish to his wife. I was on that roof today. Basically, this antenna is going on sale, but owner does not know it's price. They still remember how much they payed for it to buy from USA (that was couple of decades back in time and costed many thousands). I have said that they probably can find somebody to take it away for ~ 1 grand, but maybe even less. They were very disappointed to hear that.
You are right @st1 , it is also 4,6m Andrew dish, it is only lacking actuators and the heating elements. And, man.... it is dirty! And you are right, I am not looking for another dish like that.... tooo much pain. I just said to the lady what she can expect, something to start bargaining. She also mentioned that scrap it to metal would cost a lot. I would not like if such a great dish goes to the scrap yard. Will try to advertise it on local SAT-community and also in Scandinavian forum. 3 years ago, when I was looking for a big dish I was ready to spend couple of grands.So there are more than one of those beasts near Riga??
You are right, but depending on your location. As well, with the big dish you will usually have better rain-marginI would sooner have working sky dish than stored none working big dish, working sky dish will receive more
