Basic info Please?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Take the box to the PC.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
learnerviewer said:
Re Patching might be a problem as i cant get my pc to the box. Might be a problem for a thicko like me anyway.:confused

If you have a look at the link you gave me before, the triple character strings are there as well as on some other key sites.

Do as Rolf says unplug the receiver and take it to your PC.

Still baffling me with "triple character STRINGS". Are you talking about the digits for the Matrix Cam which are 8x3 for TPS.

As for the patch you are going to have to do it one day, as you will gradually lose all your encrypted channels as codes change.:(

PS LV. Have been thinking that in your case if you are staying just on Hotbird, may be you will not have to enter a patch (at least not for a long time yet) as you can just enter the keys whenever needed.:)

LordMorrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PowerSky Receiver with 1.0M dish
I am a newbie too. I have a patched Powersky with Mrv 2.24. Can someone guide me through entering keys with the remote control please? I used to be able to get TPS until last weekend. Not sure if I have to key in the TPS AES key or 00 7c00 on www.sat-key.org or how to proceed for that matter. While researching, I noticed that you have to convert the data from hex to dec. Do I need to enter the coverted hex keys? And more importantly, which of the keys do I have to use. I could get to the menu where I have the following:

0 x 00 7c00:TPS
0x08 : ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
0x09 : ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
0x0a : ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
0x0b : ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Thanks.

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+, using a fixed 85cm dish at Hotbird 13deg
My Location
Sth Yorks
Just had another look at the key site and yes they are the digits for the matrix cam so please ignore this bumbling fool :-bash .

What are they anyway?

Are there any better movie options for me than TPS and also are there any other good channels I should be viewing with my new found skills?;)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
They are the keys for the TPS channels when using a matrix cam, which you haven't got so don't worry about them.

The TPS channels and Multivision are about the best you can get on Hotbird with your new found skills.:D

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+, using a fixed 85cm dish at Hotbird 13deg
My Location
Sth Yorks
Thanks very much to you all for the basic training, especially you Bob for your patience.