Battery charger not charging...

2cvbloke

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Well, my AC-F1UB unit, part of my Sony SL-F1UB Betamax kit, is not charging batteries any more, it still works as a PSU for the VCR, but, without the charging side, it's pretty much useless, cos to charge batteries, I have to dig out the Tuner/Timer unit, use THAT as the PSU, and use that as the charger (but with the battery in the VCR unit)... :rolleyes:

Soooo, any ideas what to look for? It's very tightly packed into the case, so overheating and thus possibly the transformer has an open winding in it, or maybe a solder joint has cracked, but, it's all guesswork cos I have no experience in fiddling inside this sort of equipment... :(

Thanks in advance... :)

dig deep

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
You have a Volt-meter or a digital meter ?

2cvbloke

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
dig deep said:
You have a Volt-meter or a digital meter ?
Somewhere, it's playing hide and seek though... :-rofl2

dig deep

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Think You need one in this hunt for the PU´s problem

Start to check the voltage in the charging area and see if there is a problem
there, if not just follow the leads and see if You have a fuse or something like that. Usung the volt meter on Your way to the real problem.

But You must open it up to see all leads and fuses.