iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
has anyone noticed a difference in the signal level of BBC transponder (10773H) last 4-5 days?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Up or down? Remember theres some extreme weather conditions here in the UK atm so anythings possible with the uplink powers.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Analoguesat said:
Up or down?.

Down...there seems to be an overall signal reduction on 10773H,and this is affecting reception,specially at early hours of the morning and early evening.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
iceman said:
Down...there seems to be an overall signal reduction on 10773H,and this is affecting reception,specially at early hours of the morning and early evening.
Excuse me,this is what I was on about a couple of weks ago. And 10.803 (BBC Scotland).
Interference from Arabsat. Its getting worse. I had a few phone calls this morning about not receiving BBC 1.
And last night my FIVE,fiver and five usa were breaking up (12.422H).

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah yes - 10770H has fired up on Badr 5

-http://www.flysat.com/badr26.php

Its interfering with your signals. As I predicted on the other thread its going to get worse & worse for you as Badr 5 is bought into full service and the low band is populated.

Reaction score
Website
www.mad-av.com
My Satellite Setup
2.7m DH with Invacom Quad connecting to a Win7 x64 Media Centre w/ a rotating Thomson or Pace Digibox
My Location
Paphos, Cyprus
ok zorba/iceman, as fellow CY residents, i guess this is the death-knell right ? Due to Badr-4/5/6 @ 26° East overpowering/interfering the Astra 2D/2x signal(s) from 28° East, at least in Cyprus and presumably elsewhere along the badr footprint ?

There is no solution unless either satellite changes the transponders in use ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Oh theres a solution - a bigger dish :D

Bigger dish = narrower acceptance angle

Probably not worth it for the couple of years you will get out of it though.

Reaction score
Website
www.mad-av.com
My Satellite Setup
2.7m DH with Invacom Quad connecting to a Win7 x64 Media Centre w/ a rotating Thomson or Pace Digibox
My Location
Paphos, Cyprus
gotcha !

I've had my setup in place for nearly 4 years without any maintenance .. maybe some a few mm this way, a few that might gimme an extra hours viewing a day :)

Just debating whether to buy a DVB-S/S2 PCI tuner any getting rid of the digibox - probably no point spending ANYTHING on this now right ?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Not surprising with badr 5 Pan-Arab's boresight centred at 51.3dBW

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
I am not yet prepared to accept this Badr interference theory...
I have had reports from some 4.2m dishes experiencing problem with 11773H,BUT i myself use a 3m prime focus Channel Master and have had no problems whatsoever!!
How do you explain that?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well lets see. The problems started at the same time the Badr 5 transponder was fired up. Seems pretty good proof to me

Any slight imperfections on the bigger dishes could be enough to fire more interference into the lnb mouth. A merest hit of a twist or minor irregularity in the parabolic surface for example.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Be interesting to see other reports within the footprint.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
iceman said:
I am not yet prepared to accept this Badr interference theory...
I have had reports from some 4.2m dishes experiencing problem with 11773H,BUT i myself use a 3m prime focus Channel Master and have had no problems whatsoever!!
How do you explain that?
I can't. Except that with all these people that are having problems, I don't. My only advantage,maybe,is that I live in a south facing semidetached house and the house next to ours is 2 floors higher.And when I installed my dish it ended up pointing up just missing next doors house ,so I guess its blocking a bit of Arabsat.
Also we don't use Channel master dishes and I wonder if your dish is deeper than our DH dishes. What is your focal length ?
(Ps my inbox is not full now)

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Zorba said:
My only advantage,maybe,is that I live in a south facing semidetached house and the house next to ours is 2 floors higher.And when I installed my dish it ended up pointing up just missing next doors house ,so I guess its blocking a bit of Arabsat.

Also we don't use Channel master dishes and I wonder if your dish is deeper than our DH dishes. What is your focal length ?

c'mon man....do you seriously believe your neighbors roof is blocking "a bit of Arabsat?"

Focal distance on my dish is either 121cm or 122cm..not sure

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
iceman said:
c'mon man....do you seriously believe your neighbors roof is blocking "a bit of Arabsat?"

Focal distance on my dish is either 121cm or 122cm..not sure
Yes I do because I have a similar problem with my Showtime on my 1m dish which is pointing at next doors house. I have placed it at the front of my roof and next doors balcony is in line of site and I cannot receive OSN movies.
My 3m DH is the older type with a focal length of 121cm. The newer models are 91cm,so deeper. I also have modified mine by taking off the 4 LNB struts and replaced them with 3 thinner struts and that improved my signal a bit.
Also your location might be better than mine.

cheekymonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 smallish dishes andaccess to 1 very big one.(7w, 13e,19e, 28.2e, 27.5w)
TM 5402hd,dm500s,vu+solo, pc,laptop,tablet,smartphone. Smartmeter S1 (since someone robbed my satcatcher excel tv mk4)) emitor micro HD. very old promax explorer
My Location
Canary Islands
I have a 3.7m DH dish in Fuerteventura and have had these exact problems with 10773. Signal fades out from about 1900 ish. Am now using a different BBC region and for BBC2 I end up using BBC2 Scotland. Signal on my technomate shows that 10773 is down by about 5% compared to what it was a month ago. The Badr theory is the best reason I have heard yet but could it not be that the transponders are simply not as good as they were and will get worse with age as 2D enters the end of its life cycle.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
I'd love to look over the low band spectrum trace there. Trigger, get checking and post the pictures, LOl :D

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
cheekymonkey said:
I have a 3.7m DH dish in Fuerteventura and have had these exact problems with 10773. Signal fades out from about 1900 ish. Am now using a different BBC region and for BBC2 I end up using BBC2 Scotland. Signal on my technomate shows that 10773 is down by about 5% compared to what it was a month ago. The Badr theory is the best reason I have heard yet but could it not be that the transponders are simply not as good as they were and will get worse with age as 2D enters the end of its life cycle.
No,because as most people are having problems with BBC, I don't because my dish just clears next doors roof, so I think the roof is just blocking the Arabsat transponder. Remember its only 2.2degrees away from 2D. You can see it on a spectrum analyser. If you look at your analyser while it is on 28.2 and set for 10.773 just start moving the dish to the right and as soon as the 2D starts to fade away up pop 2 transponders on 10.770 and 10730 at twice the strength.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Yes, somewhere between the two, both should be visible. If your next experiencing this on the spectrum, why not post up a picture so we can see.