BBC Free To Veiw Cards.

IAN ROBINSON

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
ashton under lyne, lancashire
4/5 days ago, I was told by a Free To Veiw operator that the BBC were scrapping the issue of Free to veiw cards from the 17th of May 03.

Since the announcement by the BBC that they were putting back the Astra 2D move until 14th July 03, the Free to veiw phone operators do not appear to be giving out the 17th May date for ceasing the issue of new FTV cards.

Also, when I asked the first operator about how the FTV cards would be initiated at a later date, with no one working at the call center after the 17th of May, she answered that the cards would Initiate " Automatically " after the FTV service had closed.

When the FTV card issue finishes, what will happen to the Older, light blue cards when they have been in skydigiboxes without power for some time.

As we know they lose their channel memory with the box and the FTV is temporarily lost.

The Question now is :-

Will those cards memory be permanently lost, or will the Satellite still automatically refresh the FTV information onto the old issue cards ?:confused

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If this is the case,then what happens to the ITV,four and five ftv cards.........you could have asked..........in my opinion the telephone operators at these call centres make it up as they go along..............brian